The Helghan Academy - Killzone Files by Hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to do the MCM expo in docklands in Oct all going well. Maybe we can meet up and take on the stormtroopers :)

I'm hoping to do the MCM expo in docklands in Oct all going well. Maybe we can meet up and take on the stormtroopers :)

ah yes mcm! finally show those storm troopers whose boss! XD hopefully some other helghasters reading this will come along

we probably shouldnt be having this convo in this thread though.. XD oops

starting sanding, problem is my ears keep cracking o_O also along the ridge. i might have to fiber glass it a bit more

t0i9o8.jpg

*edit* also wondering, looking for a metallic silver paint, anyone know of any?

Looking good. Did you use P38? For silver paint i'm going out to hobbiecraft and Halfords to see what I can find. If i find anything good will let you know.

Well i have painted the mask and helmet matt black but i didn't like it. looked boring. So have gone for silver under coat and a dark grey top coat. The helmet looks really good but not sure about the mask. KHS i got all my paint from hobby craft.
IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Well i have painted the mask and helmet matt black but i didn't like it. looked boring. So have gone for silver under coat and a dark grey top coat. The helmet looks really good but not sure about the mask. KHS i got all my paint from hobby craft.

looking goood! i think the mask will look better once the pipes and maybe a few bolts or something are added.

hooby craft, cool thanks for that :D got any pics of the dark grey?

and yea i did use p38

-edit-
side ref
Killzone2.jpg

Cheers. No didn't cut the bolts down, just drilled the holes and glued them in. They were the short gutter bolts i had laying about the shed.

A wash is very watery paint, or rather one with a smaller amount of pigment than is normal for the color, although some makers do actually use a hyped-up amount of water to the same effect. It is made to pool more in the recesses of the piece being painted, like on and around bolt heads and in the other indentations and creases and such, to add to the worn-down look. Don't worry about being new to the terms and tricks, I am VERY new, I only know this because I paint Warhammer 40,000 models too.

On a semi-related note, that helm is great! Can't wait to see the mask finished now! I'm going to have to borrow Killzone from a friend, since I've never played.

just made some of the logo thingies that go on the side, one on the left is a memorial to my old clan (writing in helghan says "kittens - KAZ" :p) and one on the right is just stahl arms logo (writing simply saying stahl arms)

wild92.jpg

ignore the sponge, im just using that for padding

A wash is very watery paint, or rather one with a smaller amount of pigment than is normal for the color, although some makers do actually use a hyped-up amount of water to the same effect. It is made to pool more in the recesses of the piece being painted, like on and around bolt heads and in the other indentations and creases and such, to add to the worn-down look. Don't worry about being new to the terms and tricks, I am VERY new, I only know this because I paint Warhammer 40,000 models too.

On a semi-related note, that helm is great! Can't wait to see the mask finished now! I'm going to have to borrow Killzone from a friend, since I've never played.

Cheers Kyre i may give it a go

just made some of the logo thingies that go on the side, one on the left is a memorial to my old clan (writing in helghan says "kittens - KAZ" :p) and one on the right is just stahl arms logo (writing simply saying stahl arms)

wild92.jpg

ignore the sponge, im just using that for padding

Wow that's cool good work. Haven't sorted mine out yet.

I take it you have a few blister now, cutting them screw down. Yes please for the template. looking good i see you put the mesh in the nose section, still haven't done mine yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back