The Helghan Academy - Killzone Files by Hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mask is almost done just need to sort the light up eyes and it's done.
IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

looking good! is that just vacuum cleaner hose? and it might just be the flash of the camera, but the silver looks really glittery

The flash didn't do it any favours i must admit. I need to remove some of the silver i think it's to much. Ordered my EL sheets so should have the eyes working soon. The pipe i got of ebay, i think it's Russian gas mask.

The mask is all done EL sheets work well. Only down side the 9v battery only lasts 40 min, so in need to find a bigger battery.
IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

The mask is all done EL sheets work well. Only down side the 9v battery only lasts 40 min, so in need to find a bigger battery.
IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

looks nice with the lights on fo'sho! how big do the sheets come? and i think they can only take up to double 9v i think :S, maybe just have them on when you need them and bring spares XD

(edit - cant do much with mine now till after this week. to many birthdays XD mine included yaay!, just need to paint and get some pipes and lenses and El sheets)

I ordered 2 small sheets from RS. I think there 50mm x 60mm but i only used one which I cut in half. As for the battery i'm looking at a 9.6v rechargeable, the one's used in RC models i think it will be worth it the amount of 9v batteries i will need. Have a good birthday

Wow looks great! i think the goggles and the mask need to be seperated somehow. a line, an indent, a diferent shade of grey, somthing. now, is it just me or has Hugh Holder droped off the grid? i asked him somthing 2 months ago and still no reply. and when was the last time he did anything? i dont want to be short or impatient but if i dont get a pdo for a radec my holoween wil have to be rethunk. there are people i can commision but i dont trust stangers and the internet when they are combined......or apart. any thoughts?

-konstantin

I must admit i haven't seen Holder on here for awhile. Thanks for the input i may make the helmet a bit darker not sure yet. I'm working on the rifle at the mo, it's not going to be a complete match but we will see how it comes out

would be nice to see the radec one finished. i have no idea about unwrapping/making the pep files but i might be able to help with 3D

Im a total noob to all this, i only have pepakura viewer. i know alot though and am pretty good at building things. im still learning.

-konstantin

Off the Grid

Hey guys sorry I've been inactive for a while, a lot of stuff has been going on.

I finally moved out of my apartment and into a house with a garage, so I'm pretty happy about that. I had to put the projects on hold until I got settled in.

By the way I am trying to follow up on ODST helmet kit inquiries. If I have not replied to you yet feel free to contact me again. I'm in full production now for these and would like to do a run before haloween.

After installing a washer and dryer I decided to sit down and start something fresh. I did this between Saturday and Sunday:

IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1530.jpg

I should mention that I already tried to build this way back when I first released the file but found the model too tedious to work with (sorry guys) - but reworking the model in 3D is part of how I get things to work better for me.

I simplified the eyes for now. After I do the resin I will be trimming the goggle and adding the "Angry Eye" flashlight mods like this:

FlashLightEyes.jpg

This way I can paint the goggle reflective red and install Orange LED's in the center for the cover art effect.

After I get the goggles updated I'll be layering panels and adding smaller details like the screws and threading.

For those that already gave up on building the mask I am going to cast this and make them available on commission.

@REDSTAR - Sorry I missed your message man. I promise I am going to finish the Radec helmet and release. If its a time sensitive thing I do know Rundown has a file that he charges for but I do not know how much it is or what it looks like.

Hey, wlcome back from limbo sir!

congratulations on the new house.

Sure I'll ask again...mabie, Im not sure if I need what I asked for anymore

Whatta clean build! looks great! I did some trimming and modifying and built just the breathing appuratus. then got done the first layer of smoothcast.....then I ran out, oops. A new order is on its way and I'll proceeed as planed. I also have pictures that Ill post when im done.

And last, the radec helmet. Take as much time is as nessasary I understand this is a tedious slow and often frusterating prosesss I just like to know that somthings being done. (smily face)

-konstantin

Woo! Nice to see you're back, Colonel Holder :p This is quite delayed, but i am a 3D modeller xD if that radec file needs a bit of quicker progression, and an unfold with good scaling xD just throw me a pm, i'll be more than happy to help and contribute tot his amazing cause :D

yay! good see our some-what founder back XD finally got round to buying the paints and shall be doing that tommorow. ended up getting them from halfords. Rover, steel grey and rover black

Looking very good. Like the colour very nice. I'm having trouble with my mask at the mo it's very very uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back