Spitfire22V's LD Mark VI build - Now Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! this s*** is b****in'!
Keep up the good work!
and not to be stupid, as i can see the RadioShack sticker on the fan, but ive looked and i cant find a fan that small,
Any suggestions?

WOW!!! Lookin GREAT! man that helmet looks slick! i especialy like the fan u put in there! i see and read that its from radioshack. ill have to go and get some!

Holy Shiznit Spitfire! That helmet looks super sexy! Awesome job My man. If this is any indication on how the rest will turn out, you Sir are no noob! Great job! P.S. can't believe you are stepping up and doing electronics as well! You know I will have to add these photos to the tut right?

I definitly enjoyed those pics! :)

I agree with Blackula727! You are not a noob! You are doing a FANTASTIC Job!

Keep it up!

Wow! this s*** is b****in'!
Keep up the good work!
and not to be stupid, as i can see the RadioShack sticker on the fan, but ive looked and i cant find a fan that small,
Any suggestions?

Thanks! Here's a link to fan on the Radio Shack website: 12V DC Micro Fan. Yes, it's a little bit pricy at $12 for a 1.5 inch fan, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to look for cheaper options elsewhere, like at NewEgg, etc. Hope this helps!

WOW!!! Lookin GREAT! man that helmet looks slick! i especialy like the fan u put in there! i see and read that its from radioshack. ill have to go and get some!

Thanks! See above for the link. ;) And I can't believe I missed seeing your thread, that suit is amazing, especially with the Pilot helmet! :eek

Holy Shiznit Spitfire! That helmet looks super sexy! Awesome job My man. If this is any indication on how the rest will turn out, you Sir are no noob! Great job! P.S. can't believe you are stepping up and doing electronics as well! You know I will have to add these photos to the tut right?

Thanks BLACKULA! Means a lot coming from the guy with the best Carter helmet I've seen! Couldn't have done it without your help/tutorial. :)

I definitly enjoyed those pics! :)

I agree with Blackula727! You are not a noob! You are doing a FANTASTIC Job!

Keep it up!

Thanks Longshot! Hearing this from you guys is like fuel for the build, very motivating. Also, I just realized I don't seem to even be allowed to post comments in threads in the Elite forum, which is why I have to say "Amazing work!" here. :)

luv it dude and wear did u get ur black gloves?
Hi! The gloves are Under Armour brand batting gloves. You should be able to find them at any sportswear store, such as Sports Authority, or Dick's Sporting Goods. Here's a link to them (note: they come in several color options): Under Armour Clean Up III adult batting glove

Thanks again for the all the comments everyone. I know a lot of people might say that I run the risk of not finishing the suit now since I have a finished helmet, but you guys are great motivation, along with the fact that I have a full suit, made, just needs finishing! I'm in too deep to quit now!

Thanks Longshot! Hearing this from you guys is like fuel for the build, very motivating. Also, I just realized I don't seem to even be allowed to post comments in threads in the Elite forum, which is why I have to say "Amazing work!" here. :)

No worries. and thanks for the Kudo's
As for the Elite forum, you should be able to post there once your reach "Infrantryman" status. I think thats 100 posts.

Cheers!

As for the Elite forum, you should be able to post there once your reach "Infrantryman" status. I think thats 100 posts.

Cheers!

I think they raised the post count by a lot. Not sure what it is now, but it has increased.

Hmmm... good to know... Now I'm curious as to what that limit is.
:)

I think they raised the post count by a lot. Not sure what it is now, but it has increased.

Cheers!

Ah, I see, thanks for the info! That explains the "not enough privileges" message when I tried hit "Reply".

Well, not much of an update, but I finished the padding for the helmet. I used foam floor mats, and custom cut and fit everything. It took longer than I expected, mainly because I wasn't sure which direction to head. I'm happy with the end result though, even though it's a tight, but still comfortable fit. I can move my head around pretty violently and not have the helmet budge, which is good for when I'll be rocking out at parties and events that I will surely wear the suit to! :cool

IMG_4520.jpg

I had to double layer some areas, and had to make cutouts for my ears.
IMG_4523.jpg

Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating at all and it's just plain miserable outside, regardless of the fact that it should be Spring....:angry

So, I suppose I will be working on small tasks (more detail pieces, the Magnum, etc) until it's nice enough outside to Bondo and sand until my hands fall off (or I finish the suit, whichever comes first). ;)

Unfortunately, I have some bad news....

Earlier today, I was showing the helmet to some of my friends. One of them tripped on some ice that was in a cup that got knocked off the table when I ran into it and knocked the helmet right out of my hands! It rolled out the door, which had just been blown open by a gust of wind. It rolled down the driveway and into the street just as a semi-truck was driving by and ran over it! :( :(

It's now as flat as a pancake, and I can't even eat it! :( (Pics later, I promise!)

After all that effort put into it, seeing it get crushed was so demoralizing that I've decided to scrap this build and give up completely. Thanks for everyone who followed my thread.

;)

Unfortunately, I have some bad news....

Earlier today, I was showing the helmet to some of my friends. One of them tripped on some ice that was in a cup that got knocked off the table when I ran into it and knocked the helmet right out of my hands! It rolled out the door, which had just been blown open by a gust of wind. It rolled down the driveway and into the street just as a semi-truck was driving by and ran over it! :( :(

It's now as flat as a pancake, and I can't even eat it! :( (Pics later, I promise!)

After all that effort put into it, seeing it get crushed was so demoralizing that I've decided to scrap this build and give up completely. Thanks for everyone who followed my thread.

I'm really sorry about that man. Please don't give up!! I know it sucks, but you can fix this. I feel for you man.

Hey. Sorry to hear that. I would be upset if I would you, but I wouldn't give up. Just pick yourself up and get those hands working again. You did really well and it would be a shame to not use your new found skills.

I never had the unfortunate event happened to me last year, but I almost gave up because I was stressed out with work and I was fatigue over the resin and fiberglassing two costumes. I kept continuing untill I see the final product. The oohs and aahs from everyone made everthing worth it.

Noooooooooooooo! dont stop this!
Its to good to stop!
This is an amazing build!
Do us all a favor and keep it up!

..... thats terrible news about your helmet dude.... probably would have been able to fill a novel sized book of blank pages with how many curse words i would have said if that happened to a helmet i made (especially if it was as good as the one you made). Hope you can keep on going with this project!!

OK PLEASE tell me this is a April fools joke, and that you're build is going on as planed??????

Hey guys,

Please don't hate me for this, but this was in fact an April Fool's joke. ;) I'm sorry, I couldn't help it!

The helmet is doing just fine, and I have not quit this build! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back