Female Noble Six Build(PicHeavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked in that night video how you used a stun gun for a flashlight, and a pink one at that! Classic!

The suit looks great though, keep it up!!

Well I see someone has been hard at work, and pre-ordered the next COD from GameStop to boot. Lol.

Looking fantastic, can't wait to see the next video(s)

Side note - think you can replicate undersuits for large men? Lol. That thing looks Awesome and inspiring! and the extra padded bits built in to help with the armor is pure genius!

Coming right along! Another update:

This is my biggest update yet. Also--Friends are cheaper than mannequins.

Propcustomz Oh yeah! I love my stun gun. The flashlight is such a handy feature. ;^D
Kissker Thank you! I'm not planning on commissioning any suits yet. I'll probably one for my boyfriend, though. When I do I'll post progress and a template. Thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited by a moderator:
the songs are always so darn catchy lol great work so far, like the boot designs, now are you going to make the toe part bend at all when you put it on? or are you using the tip of the boot right now as the toe?

I'm thinking of leaving the toes naked and just detailing it how it is. Honestly, What do you think would look best? I'm up for suggestions. I need them. Here's a picture if a ref will help.
2mp9yiq.jpg

well, if leaving them be, whch would work just fine they look great as is, I'd either shave the foam "ledge" I guess from the front if that makes sense, only to make the front of the boot seem more as one piece instead of two. You could also cover the shoe part with craft foam if you get a nice curve from it. it honestly does look really good right now, I think I only asked about the toe because I feel the cover of the top of the shoe is to long? just seems that way to me, not by much though.

everything looks better when it's painted anyways, so it probably will turn out awesome as is!

well, if leaving them be, whch would work just fine they look great as is, I'd either shave the foam "ledge" I guess from the front if that makes sense, only to make the front of the boot seem more as one piece instead of two. You could also cover the shoe part with craft foam if you get a nice curve from it. it honestly does look really good right now, I think I only asked about the toe because I feel the cover of the top of the shoe is to long? just seems that way to me, not by much though.

everything looks better when it's painted anyways, so it probably will turn out awesome as is!

Yes. That makes sense. I'll probably do that. :^0

While friends might be cheaper then mannaquins, I have found that my friends aren't my size...

So I have been working on my own mannaquin. Using basic seamstress idea to use a shirt/pants that fit snugly, and Paper Packing Tape (gummed back water activated) I have been wrapped in several layers, then had it snipped along 'seam lines' (directly up the back for the shirt, and up the outer sides of the legs) to get the thick bit off. More packing tape is used to cover the seams and it's ready to stuff for a 'plush' model... or..

Fiberglass resin the outside, then cloth/matt a few layers to make a super-durable hard form.

The fiberglass method also adds a few mm of 'room' for clothing/padding for direct application of armor construction/idea/brainstorming but will also be more comfortable to wear without that extra padding/etc, without sagging.

Gonna head back to my work while I can, keep up the good stufF!

Hey your undersuit is amazing. to see your work has inspired me to the idea of building part of the armor(EVA foarm) directly on the undersuit so it will be more like a suit with armor parts. Thank you for that great idea ^.^

That looks awesome. I have to ask, though... How "walkable" are those boots? I've never worn platforms, but with the EVA foam they look very comfortable.

Two vidjas!

I'm about 90% done at this point. I'm considering remaking the cod piece out of EVA foam so I can have even more flexibility. I also need to install my visor and add lights and put padding in the helmet. Little details in colored paint need to be added to the armor. Oh yeah! I also have to put a matte clear-coat of spray paint over the armor so the acrylic stays O.K.

Here's another video of the suit:

Kissker Ohhh yeah. I agree. I'm lucky that my friend is so close to my size. Haha. I'll most likely try your method next time I'm doing a big project like this. Thank you!
Ironhide Thanks! That method works. I used it for my knees and the pieces on my back. Hope your project goes smoothly.
Jason-459 Really comfy. Look at my first video up there where I was doing a little strength testing with them. They feel just like normal shoes. I LOVE THEMMMM. These guys make me about 6'1. Still pretty dang short for a spartan, but a 4 inch improvement on my height. I was a little weary to go any higher.

really nice build Zonbi!!! stoked for the next update!!!
and what did you use to attach the foam soles to the boot? i must have missed it :p

ALL DONE.

WOOOOO. This video is just me goofing around in my finished suit.

Here are some photos that were taken today.

The Energy Sword was made by Sean Bradley. It is SO COOL. It belongs to my boyfriend--but he was nice enough to let me take come photos with it

The DMR was originally made by Tactonyx and was casted by Brandon McClain. It's gorgeous. BTW. Brandon just pointed out that I forgot to put the flash suppressor on the end of the barrel. I completely overlooked it in the box it came in. That'll be added before I ship it off to SDCC. I also feel like my current paint job isn't doing the DMR justice. I'm also repainting the entire thing before SDCC.

spartan11.jpg

spartan10.jpg

spartan4.jpg

spartan9.jpg

spartan13.jpg

spartan3.jpg

spartan6.jpg

spartan-8.jpg

spartan16.jpg

I'll post more when I have more pictures

Shade88 Hah! Thanks!
matth101 Screws. Lots and lots of screws.

looks wicked, I'm to jealous of your boyfriends sword to put it in words, do you just have little blue leds behind the hot glue? curiousness

Been watching this thread and you did a pretty cool job. I especially like the boots, one of the best Spartan 3 boots I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back