Halo Reach Commando Helmet Build (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! That is a VERY nice helmet. I especially like the little bits of detail. I'm a detail freak and I say, the more detail, the better! XD haha

I would love a casting of this helmet for my husbands future costume. Once I finish my Kat costume, I want to build a Carter one for him since I think a Kat/Carter couple would be cute. hehe lol

Thanks HaloGoddess, I appreciate the comment. We'll I need to perfect my method on casting, but yeah, hit me up with a PM when you decide you need/want one.

I usually shoot for between 1/8th and 3/16 I guess. 3mm give or take.

Thanks again, I rolled some more plastic around on the inside, that seem to do the trick. made it more rigid around the neck line.

That is some very fine work sir!! Not bad at all for your first cast. I'm excited to see your work in the future.

-Matt

i love this helmet! the paint, the cast, it all turned out so perfectly! all you need to do now is make full suit and you will end up in the elite forum:D

I love this helmet!!!
Awesome attention to detail, love the detail you etched in the visor, and the mold & cast looks fantastic for your first!
And it doesn't take a full suit to be moved into the Elite forum ;)wink

Thanks guys!!!! I'm happy everyone likes the helmet.

I love this helmet!!!
Awesome attention to detail, love the detail you etched in the visor, and the mold & cast looks fantastic for your first!
And it doesn't take a full suit to be moved into the Elite forum ;)wink

OMG!! Thank you Ruze789, I appreciate the comment. Also, thanks again for the screenshots. I don't think it would have been possible to get the level of detail in this model without them. Again, I'm super happy that you and everyone else has enjoyed this build.

Keep building guys!

-Tony

Elite section! Congrats dude!! well deserved! *starts slow clap, hoping to build into applause*....

Elite Section
Definately earned your place there, Blackula. That helmet is just phenominal.

Awesome is the only word I can think of to describe you helmet. Diffidently Elite.

I saw this thread in the very beginning, and it came out great. What paint did you use, I love it.

I just want you all to know, that all these comments have really been lifting me up. I truly appreciate what each and everyone of you have said. It definitely gives me the drive to continue with this. I've lost about 15lbs so far, trying to get in shape to make the armor. As soon as I get back in shape, I'm doing a suit. Thanks again guys & thanks for viewing my thread, it means a lot.

Paint Used:
IMG_20110416_164743.jpg

The look and level of detail on this helmet looks phenomenal! I'm truly impressed with this build... :) If you ever decide to mold and cast this, I'd love to purchase one. Keep up the excellent work.

congrats on getting in the elite section. this build truly deserves it. if you decide to sell any casts i will definatly consider buying one if i have the money at the time. keep up the awesome work.

PFFFFTTTTTT! You call that a helmet?! >.>

.............I call it a masterpiece! *tears run down eyes.* XD Great job on the helmet! You definitely deserved this to go into the Elite Showcase!

Tony! Welcome and super congrats to getting moved to the Elite Showcase!
Your thread is definilty worthy of Elite status! :) :) :)
You have done a phenominal job on this. Excellent attention to detail and very well documented. I really love the look of your helm.
I'm hoping that you will continue with making a complete suit and not stop at the helm.

Super Cheers!

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back