Just Another Armor Newbie? Mjolnir Mk VI (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's perfectly fine to put all the bondo on at once- actually many people do it. but just focus on one area of your bondoed helmet at a time:D And thank you for the complement Blackula! And abby, this is not an isnult, it's more of a joke, but when you scroll past that picture of your helmet where you say that it is crooked, it looks like a dirty toilet lol! but your have to scroll past it very fast:D We are ready for some new pictures:)

It's perfectly fine to put all the bondo on at once- actually many people do it. but just focus on one area of your bondoed helmet at a time:D And thank you for the complement Blackula!
Agreed here, with my first helmet, I did all the bondo at once, and it was a little overwhelming. The top of the helmet was lake smooth, but some other areas were a little less so than I wanted. As for the dremel, BE VERY CAREFUL. Though it's a great tool, if you leave it still for too long, it can mess up a perfectly find area in a second. Just keep moving with it, and only use it when you need it, otherwise I find it's always better to stick to hand tools or something a little less powerful. Just a word of warning.

ABBY! We are ready for an update:D i keep forgeting to ask you, but are you going to paint your armor Master Chief olive, or are you customizing it?

Thanks for the tips you guys! :)

ABBY! We are ready for an update:D i keep forgeting to ask you, but are you going to paint your armor Master Chief olive, or are you customizing it?

Sadly enough, I haven't touched my armor in, what, a week now?
I shall be going with the Chief color!
If I make another suit, it'll be customized, fo sho.

Update-kinda:
Well, I don't have much to say, as I haven't touched my armor in about a week now. All I've done is creased all the folds for the chest piece.
Things are pretty busy for me right now.
I've had a lot of art-painting project stuff to get done. I've also been recruited for Jazz Ensemble (I play the alto sax) which is the highest jazz group at my school, so I've been getting ready for a big audition. LOOOOOTSSSS of practice.
I've also been playing too much Black Ops. Tisk, tisk, tisk.
Anyway, the weather has been getting up into the 60's! It even hit 80 on Sunday. I think I'll start working on the helmet again.
As for the rest of the pepping, I might just work on a little bit of it here and there until things get less hectic.
So, that's not much of an update, but pretty much a run down of what to expect and what's going on.
Later, dudes!

How cool would it be to see you in full costume playing the theme from Halo on your Saxamaphooone....SAX-A-MA-PHONE!!!

It would probably sound something like this Abby!
Though I think your version would be better..since you can actually PLAY the SAX-A-MA-PHONNNE!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update-kinda:
Well, I don't have much to say, as I haven't touched my armor in about a week now. All I've done is creased all the folds for the chest piece.
Things are pretty busy for me right now.
I've had a lot of art-painting project stuff to get done. I've also been recruited for Jazz Ensemble (I play the alto sax) which is the highest jazz group at my school, so I've been getting ready for a big audition. LOOOOOTSSSS of practice.
Later, dudes!
I played bari (high school) and alto (undergrad/grad) sax when I was in jazz band! Yay saxes!!! *high five*

What you have done s far looks great! Once we're both done with our armor (I'll be starting a thread for my build once I pep another helmet), we definitely need to meet up and take pictures. Us Spartans will take over Wisconsin!! ^_^

It would probably sound something like this Abby!
Though I think your version would be better..since you can actually PLAY the SAX-A-MA-PHONNNE!.

Hahahaha, that's the best!

I played bari (high school) and alto (undergrad/grad) sax when I was in jazz band! Yay saxes!!! *high five*

What you have done s far looks great! Once we're both done with our armor (I'll be starting a thread for my build once I pep another helmet), we definitely need to meet up and take pictures. Us Spartans will take over Wisconsin!! ^_^

Yay saxes, indeed! Woo! Spartan Wisconsinites!

Last edited by a moderator:
all i can say is keep at it, even if its just planning, i kept on posponing it till before i new it, it was -13c and it had almost been 9 months since is started!
thoufg even sitting there and folding pep pieces is good enough. gets the long boring stuff out of the way, and can easlily be started and stopped at the drop of a note.

all i can say is keep at it, even if its just planning, i kept on posponing it till before i new it, it was -13c and it had almost been 9 months since is started!
thoufg even sitting there and folding pep pieces is good enough. gets the long boring stuff out of the way, and can easlily be started and stopped at the drop of a note.

Ya, its pep season for me right now (winter). It was almost over, barley any snow and really warm..
..then yesterday we got like 2 feet of snow....WOW! ...now i have a LOT of models done, and they keep comming until the snow leaves! imma running out of space here!!

Ya, its pep season for me right now (winter). It was almost over, barley any snow and really warm..
..then yesterday we got like 2 feet of snow....WOW! ...now i have a LOT of models done, and they keep comming until the snow leaves! imma running out of space here!!

ouch, at least here we have had a few hot days, shame i wasnt ready for them, and they passed quickly.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, winter is definitely good pep season, except for the fact that it's easy to get bored of it really fast.

Update:
I'm back on track with the pep! Getting a move on with the chest, finally. I just so happened to get hounded with cold weather this week. The worst part is, is that the sun is out and it looks warm because the grass is getting so green, so I want to go outside. Oh well, I'm HOPING, once again, that things will warm up by next week, so I can keep moving with the helmet and glass my pepped stuff.

Pictures up soon!

By the way... I'm going to be applying for a job at Gamestop pretty soon. Can anyone here that worked/works there that can give me some pointers?

its looking great!!! cant wait for you to get outside and start working on the rest of you armor. =] BTW, I am also a huge perfectionist, one thing that I have learned is that you can fix just about everything with time and lots of bondo haha, just dont get too carried away with making sure everything is perfect otherwise you will be working on this project forever >.< believe me, ive been working on mine for years hahaha. unless you really dont mind spending huge amounts of time, then go for it I guess. just remember that we're only human, and the tiny flaws are what gives the armor a little character :D

its looking great!!! cant wait for you to get outside and start working on the rest of you armor. =] BTW, I am also a huge perfectionist, one thing that I have learned is that you can fix just about everything with time and lots of bondo haha, just dont get too carried away with making sure everything is perfect otherwise you will be working on this project forever >.< believe me, ive been working on mine for years hahaha. unless you really dont mind spending huge amounts of time, then go for it I guess. just remember that we're only human, and the tiny flaws are what gives the armor a little character :D

Thank you! That just gave me a really nice perspective! Kudos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back