Mjolnir [R], Mk. V "RECON" Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehosc

Hello everyone, another typical newbie here.

Been working on my 'Recon' helmet for about 2 days now (including today). This project is going to be part of a BTEC Graphics course I'm doing (A-Level), thought about giving this a shot (though my school friends seem to think it's 'overkill'). I'm only working on the helmet so far, might go for the whole thing if time allows.

tv7Ie.jpg

Got the pepakura file made by Jtm1997 and SPRTNBD50, been looking for the Recon helmet featured in Halo: Reach and found this to be accurate and precisely what I wanted. You can get it from this thread: Link

I'd just like to let everyone know about my progress so far and I open any questions and feedback from you guys, thanks!

-Oscar

You know when a good plan starts to fail in the middle, some parts need to be cut out and redone. Didn't feel like remaking the whole pep despite my first attempt at making one. So certain parts have been reworked and the visor area is coming along nicely.

vzc2tl.jpg

Thanks again for checking out. Stay tuned for completion.

Forgive the double-posting. New shots of the helmet for Day 3.

Front

9hugj8.jpg

Side

nph1t5.jpg

Now for the chin and the rest at the bottom.

Very nice work so far.

I'm not 100%, but I think double posting is acceptable as long as it's in your own build thread and you actually have some photos to show of updated progress, which you do. But I'm still new around here, so... :)

Whose file is that? This is the first I've seen of it. Looks awesome.
Edit: {Nevermind. Apparently I forgot how to read. Thanks for the link}

Depends on the people i guess, most of my friends thinks its cool, women included, and have even gotten some of buddys in to this hobby.

Nice pep work on the helmet, tehosc

crazy bro hahaha i have a halo 3 one still have lots of bondo work hahaha and this is one helm to hard to bondo lol lots of curves lots of sanding haha! good luck!

they do? I haven't told anybody because I think that they will think that its geeky

Brought the prototype into school, everyone appears to love it. Yes, even the 'chicks' love it.

Got some bad news, 'fraid. I'll be remaking the pep with a different piece of card and much cleaner folds. I'm sure there are perfectionists out there that feel the same, either that or OCD (CDO if you want it alphabetically ordered). So don't worry if you think the project's dead. I'm determined to get it done. What happened was, it's made at home and decided to bring the prototype to finish off some bits at school despite it was placed in a big bag, it got a bit slightly crushed. So now, it has to stay in one spot and it's at school where the project has to be completed there.

Good news however, bought some Glass Fibre Kit at Halfords 2 days ago. That'll be for resining the outside and fibreglassing the inside (hope I'm right after some reading around threads and tehgooglez). Thinking of a motorcycle helmet visor for the... well, I'm sure you can figure that out. So that's it for the time being, I'll be sure to post some pictures for the newer model when I'm at school again.

I'll be working on two attachments at home this weekend, UA and HUL[3]. I'll let you all know when they're done!

That's it for now, tehosc out.

P.S. I just want to thank those for the comments. Nice to know that there are other people supporting this.

I'm definitely interested in this thread. Can't wait to see it. The Recon is one of my favorite helmets (Thats why I chose it as my first build) Halo 3 was the only version out at the time. anyways, because of this thread I was able to find the Reach model. Im definitely giving this bad boy a shot after I finish up my two current projects. Anyways, good luck man & keep building!

P.S. If you need Ideas for mounting your visor later, check out the link in my sig. It has a visor tut.

The 'Recon' helmet is definitely one of my favourites, been wearing it most of the time I spent on Halo: Reach. The reason why I thought this thread/project might be popular is because of the lack of people working on Reach's Recon Helmet, I was surprised how few if any were working on it, little wonder why it took me an hour or two to find a pepakura file.

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll be sure to check it out when the time comes!

Going back a few posts to what you guys said, most people generally tend to atleast find it creative. All of my friends love it and whenever they're over, end up running around with all my half finnished stuff. Although i havent managed to get anyone into it yet (as one particular friend said "You know, i'd love to give building a lancer a go... ah screw it, im too lazy...you do it for me!"
And the girls i know definately like it. Even the ones that pretend to hate it like it.
The girl i like, i found out not only has halo reach but plays online all the time. Plus i gave her Halo 1 to play. she would never admit it (i had to trick her) but she finnished the whole game and went back and played it again.

Anyway, long story short, even the women like the armour =D

Fantastic Job so far! And Welcome too the 405th! If you need any help please feel free to contact me!

Going back a few posts to what you guys said, most people generally tend to atleast find it creative. All of my friends love it and whenever they're over, end up running around with all my half finnished stuff. Although i havent managed to get anyone into it yet (as one particular friend said "You know, i'd love to give building a lancer a go... ah screw it, im too lazy...you do it for me!"
And the girls i know definately like it. Even the ones that pretend to hate it like it.
The girl i like, i found out not only has halo reach but plays online all the time. Plus i gave her Halo 1 to play. she would never admit it (i had to trick her) but she finnished the whole game and went back and played it again.

Anyway, long story short, even the women like the armour =D

Ladies like armor-plating :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back