Mjolnir [R], Mk. V "RECON" Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I showed my girlfriend and all she said is so why aren't you really this jacked? made my spartan tear :(

How did this thread become so lively all of a sudden? Loving the discussion here!

uY3Ah.jpg

HUL[3] Attachment: Work in Progress

Now, I had this idea of not just making the attachment a prop on its own but also features a music player, so I placed my iPod Nano in there to give you an idea of how big it is. There's nothing more satisfying than going against an alien invasion whilst shooting while listening to your tunes. But if you ask me, this is more of a sarcophagus for my iPod:

NxRe4.jpg

Thanks for following!

How did this thread become so lively all of a sudden? Loving the discussion here!

uY3Ah.jpg

HUL[3] Attachment: Work in Progress

Now, I had this idea of not just making the attachment a prop on its own but also features a music player, so I placed my iPod Nano in there to give you an idea of how big it is. There's nothing more satisfying than going against an alien invasion whilst shooting while listening to your tunes. But if you ask me, this is more of a sarcophagus for my iPod:

NxRe4.jpg

Thanks for following!

That is a good idea, i have seen people put ipods as wrist attachments but never as a helmet attachment. It got speakers? You could find radio recordings from the reach or halo 3 and play them out loud, make it sound like theres alot of comm chatter. just an idea. ;)

The 'Recon' helmet is definitely one of my favourites, been wearing it most of the time I spent on Halo: Reach. The reason why I thought this thread/project might be popular is because of the lack of people working on Reach's Recon Helmet, I was surprised how few if any were working on it, little wonder why it took me an hour or two to find a pepakura file.

Thanks for the tutorial. I'll be sure to check it out when the time comes!

Honestly, I could never find it till this thread. thanks for that. I may have to get to it in a minute though. I want to do the pilot helm next. Especially after seeing TheBradinators build. But, I still can't wait to see your pictures.

P.S. I like the ipod Idea. Great job!

looks good, how will you control the ipod will be flipped over with cut outs? really like the idea though

Nice progress so far! What do you think of the Unfold, I was worried it would be too complicated :/

I was about to say, thank you very much for the unfold. Some bits are a tiny bit complicated (not as bad as some of the hi-def ones I seen) but there was something was quite strange with the folds, I'll show you later in the project. But again, thank you, this project wouldn't exist without jtm1997 and you.

Finally to answer the iPod question, I'm thinking of a shuffle as opposed to my Nano (getting more money for the budget) and instead of controlling it on the Click Wheel, you use 'VoiceOver' and the iPod mini controls on the earphones. Ingenious?

More information:

I can't work on the project until next week. I have Work Experience this week where I'm working with the dedicated Graphics team within my school; they're all awesome for taking me on. From the time being, I'll be laying out my plans to you all.

Dead? "I think not." -Spy from Team Fortress 2.

I bring you the reworked version of my Recon helmet. This time, I figured out how the camera takes 'focused' photos as opposed to blurry ones. More to come!

8MSMK.jpg

Ipod idea is a good one. maybe you should make the back a sliding door kind of thing and put some padding in there so that your ipod doesn't slide around. And in the sliding door put a small hole where you can thread your ear buds through. And then a small hole in the helmet where you can thread your ear buds through. But it is a very creative idea. good luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back