Dragon Con 2011 Parade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad right now... I am more than likely going to miss this. There is a faint rumor of coming home in AUG but even of I did I sold my Busa and won't have the new one ready in time. I will have my Mas Effect Suit and a Modern Mandalorian Suit that Courtney and I are working on but no Halo...:( On the bright side if this rumor is true at least I can try to make it.....

Dave, you know that all you have to do is ask and you can wear one of mine. And you had better make it or I might just have to come over there and kick your snake handling trash.

bumping this since its pulling up on time.

with the numbers, if you guys want to PM either myself or Dreads, then we can sort out a calling tree for those that still need extra info. i vote to keep the meetup location and time the same as it was last year. for those of you that missed last year, ill copy and past the info from last years thread in to here at the bottom. this is just my vote, if someone has comments or suggestions then by all means throw them out there. i also updated my first post of the thread with a list of people marching. if you need to be added, or need to be changed from possible to confirmed, then just reply in the thread and we can get it updated.

Last Year's Info:

Meeting Time: We start gathering at 8:30 AM. Depart from the Mariott at 9:00.

Meeting Place: At the Mariott hotel. Just inside their driveway area.

Badges: Myself or Dreads will pick up everyones badges at once, they will be distributed before we depart the Mariott.

If you miss the meet up at the Mariott, you will have to make your way to Woodruff Park (intersection of Peachtree Street and Auburn Avenue in downtown Atlanta). its the starting point for the parade. it should be easy to spot us, but if not there are tons of staff members floating around that can point you in the right way.

im in on this as well. i will be getting in to the ATL at around 6am saturday morning getting my badges and straight to meet up with you guys. Ill be in Emile armor and as long as i can with stand the weight for it ill have my Jorge chain gun as well. I think Brandon has my cell number already. Im soo freaking excited about this year

Maybe next year I could drive down there (im in NC so not that far away) and wear mah MK V if its finished by then.

I am in for sure for the parade this year. New vac-formed plastic Mark V = Comfy, means I can spend a lot longer in the armor, and actually move in it.

Also remember morning of parade to drink alot of water, if you can put a water blatter and drinking tube in your armor do it, it helps i do every year and i usually end up sharing. so hydrate.

Ill be there with my girlfriend. Im going as a white mark IV from halo wars, and shes making her own custom halo suit with a mark VI helmet.

just a reminder for the newer guys too. ARMOR / COSTUMES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MARCH. they are, of course, preferred, but dont feel like you have to have it all done to march with us. if youd like to march and dont have a costume ready by that time, then just wear a Halo, Bungie, or 405th shirt or hat or something. also, ill definitely have a lot of gear that we wont be marching with, so if you dont have a costume we might be able to find something for you to run around with. lol.

i'd do it but 1st off i'm in iowa and i have no money 4 travel, and 2nd off good luck finding a suit that'd fit me i'm huge

Anyone on need of weapons/props for the parade, I have two Jasmine Plasma Pistols and Jasmine Plasma Rifle you can borrow to use for the parade

i'd do it but 1st off i'm in iowa and i have no money 4 travel, and 2nd off good luck finding a suit that'd fit me i'm huge

wait, what? if youre marching (with or without suit) i need to know so i can tell the DCon people how many badges that youll need. if your unsure of even attending dragoncon, tho, then wait to post until youre more positive to save on confusion of numbers of attendees. we will have some weapons if you want to march with something, but no one can really help you out with the money for travel.

Just reconfirming that I will be there with my suit and with a M6 pistol I don't think I will have the DMR ready in time

I'd like to march in the Parade this year too. At the very least I'll be there with my ODST and some new accessories. I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Thanks for Dreads and Goosebot for heading up the effort. You guys rock!

Confirming that ill be marching but might not have time to make a good helmet so if anyone has a MK VI helmet they are willing to lend or sell, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back