Dragon Con 2011 Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody headed there that is passing near the Camp Lejeune, NC area? I'm interested in going, but need to arrange transportation and billeting.

Would also like to know if anyone might be willing to split a hotel room (if I can find a ride first) and possibly pick me up from the airport if I can't get a carpool.

No costume unfortunately (everything is in Cali)

Jen and I will be there, Thursday through Monday and me on the round trip from PAX and HaloFest. O.O It's going to be an adventure.

It's very possible that I'll only be there in my ODST with a few last minute extras. Doing work for others has taken over my schedule this year, I haven't had enough time to make new stuff for myself yet. Once I finish the suits for Halo: HellJumper I'll have 2-3 weeks to prepare myself before leaving for PAX and no time in between. I had expectations of getting a lot more done this season, but when the opportunity came to outfit a fan film I wanted to contribute as much as I could. I still have a few cards up my sleeve, but the hopes I had of debuting a new costume at D*con are pretty well dashed. I'll shoot for Nov 15th for that instead I guess.

Are we going to walk in the parade this year? It seems like we should get on top of that ASAP if those are the intentions. I'd love to walk for my 4th year in the parade, but I can't personally take charge of the parade for us, with doing both events, it wouldn't be possible for me. We would probably need a D*con veteran to lead the parade organization efforts. Any thoughts guys?

Are we going to walk in the parade this year? It seems like we should get on top of that ASAP if those are the intentions. I'd love to walk for my 4th year in the parade, but I can't personally take charge of the parade for us, with doing both events, it wouldn't be possible for me. We would probably need a D*con veteran to lead the parade organization efforts. Any thoughts guys?

hey Sean there is a thread on the parade.. don't know all the details because this will be my our first D-con. but here is the thread... http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31364-Dragon-Con-2011-Parade-thread

here is the link to the parade thread

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31364-Dragon-Con-2011-Parade-thread

And either myself or Todd will be leading us for the parade. we are alregestered and ready to go for the parade aswell.

Well it's good to see that so many are going. I hope I have the money to go at least one of the days. But at the rate I am going on my first build I won't have anything to wear.

I will be there and staying at the Marriott with full intentions of trooping in my new and improved Marine Medic kit!

Spartan 249 will be back again for the looooonnnnnng haul! After last year I ironed out all the weak spots of the suit, it wont be falling apart this time! My pre-reg card came in the mail and im good to go. Just need to finish those boots so the toe caps stay on. I'll be dragging along my pistols, didnt have time to make weapons this year.

See you all there. I'll be wandering around in my BSG greens. Do we have a 405th rally point yet?

I'm chilling at the Peachtree Center mall right now.

I wasn't planning on going originally but a couple friends offered to buy passes for my girlfriend and I if we let them stay at our house. Turns out it's cheaper than a hotel o_O

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

-Hugh

I'll be coming sometime around Friday evening to pick up my badge. I may be dressed as Cyrax or not in costume at all, depends how I feel. I'll break out the Mark VI on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back