Thorssoli's HALO 3 Marine(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd. I really thought there'd be more commentary. Is nobody interested in Marine builds?

I think its pretty pimp. Hope I can get my detail as sharp as yours on my current build. Anyways, your work is always awesome and definitely an inspiration. Your Mark VI build was one of the first builds I have ever seen & one of the reasons I started to do this stuff. keep up the great work Thorssoli!

P.S. One suggestion for your potential photo shop paint designs. Yellow Smiley face would rock

The back of the top looks uneven/not round other than that I think it's good.

Here's a few shots of mine, look at the back, it's all rounded, yours seems to have a big bump on the top:
th_Picture464.jpg
th_Picture459.jpg

Again, I think its the camera angle. If their is a slight uneveness to it, then it seems pretty inmaterial (seems worse than it really is, due to the camera being above the helmet and slightley to the right).

There's a small divot between the the highest part of the back and the visor, in fact it's higher than the visor. Even if it wasn't at an angle it would still be higher.; The far edge is the center line of back of the helmet .
ggggg.png

There's a small divot between the the highest part of the back and the visor, in fact it's higher than the visor. Even if it wasn't at an angle it would still be higher.

You're right. But if my helmet is wrong, someone should tell this guy that his is wrong too:
5533535164_6d58f14d65_o.jpg

It's too late anyway. While you were typing that, I was building this:
5531736968_dc05c6d5e2_o.jpg

And slathering it with plurple goo:
5531153415_f66db138ab_o.jpg

Which set up nicely:
5531153737_8accf41f8e_b.jpg

So this morning I layered on some pink goo:
5533535116_b2cfecf559_o.jpg

Next I'll be adding another layer of plurple to smooth everything out. Then it's time for a mothermold before flipping the whole thing over and repeating for the other half of the mold.

Stay tuned...

Ooh! Purple and pink gooey stuff! Yummy! Love it Shawn. If I were into marine gear I would be hitting you up for a bucket!

thor its not that no1 is interested in this build/molding. its that not to many of our newer members post on the good stuff like we used to. i luv your builds and as the wife just said to me when i yelled"I WANT IT ONE." is that i or we as in me and her want anything that has been made by your godly hands. and when you start to cast these i will try and nab one from u really quick.......

wow that is looking really good!
you have already stated this before probably, but what molding product do you use? i have only seen you do the purple goo!
Any price guess so far for a cast?

Thank you all for your kind words. I really meant it when I mentioned that praise = project fuel.

wow that is looking really good!
you have already stated this before probably, but what molding product do you use? i have only seen you do the purple goo!
Any price guess so far for a cast?

I pick up most of my molding and casting materials from www.aeromarineproducts.com. The silicone I'm using is their AM128 Moldmaking silicone. The color depends on which catalyst you use. Plurple for pourable or pink for brushable. If you order from them, tell them Shawn Thorsson sent you. I'm hoping to get a refund one of these days.

Regarding prices: As I'm sure you know, we're not allowed to post them on the forum. If you're interested in getting one of these, shoot me an email and we'll see if we can work out some sort of exchange. Suffice it to say, a raw cast will cost a bit less than my Spartan helmets and shipping will be cheaper by quite a bit.

yes i so agree when u get post on a thread it makes you feel good and want to share more...... but i know what place you are talking about its right here in SAN DIEGO am i right..... i got some of the purple crap before........ and check ur inbox im pming right now about a price.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back