H3 shedg's first build:scout helmet and SMG (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedg

hi i started this little project two ears ago and i made two helmets: a bad helmet where i do my tests and a good helmet with heavier card and without errors...i will post's more photo when i will continue it (i have a lot to do and a little time to made it)
i made some sample photos
(left good helmet right the tester helmet)
CIMG1800.jpg

CIMG1801.jpg

CIMG1802.jpg

currently I am trying the hot glue method on the tester and i started an SMG but i need a council: how i make it more resistant?

pretty good, but I must point out that from the pics angle it appears that there is a dent on the right side(the left helm), more of a slight tip to the right actually, but otherwise very nice :)

p.s your pepping skills are better than mine :)

after a lot of work i almost finished pepping out my smg :p
I am undecided for what version of the smg make: short or long....
I hope to make a good gun because it's really hard to make uno of this and i don't want to do it again.
CIMG1803.jpg

i will continue it tomorrow because i'm dying from the hard work :(

SMG's pep weapons are hard to make, for me that is. I've try to make two, and both went into the can. Yours is looking good, keep it up.

I finally finished to pepping out my SMG but i must wait for the polyurethane spray: i want to fill up my SMG with it!
little noob question: how i made the details?
CIMG1805-1.jpg

I finally finished to pepping out my SMG but i must wait for the polyurethane spray: i want to fill up my SMG with it!
little noob question: how i made the details?
CIMG1805-1.jpg

I've made some guns from pep. They came out OK but they lack details. To get details you need to find peps that are very detail to begin with. Most guns are very hard to pep due to limitations of pep. You can add details after you are done with your pep. Try adding strips of cardboards or styrene sheets.

Personnally I would not pep any guns. I plan to take a Nerf gun and add details to make a SMG. Will probably start next week.

News time: my father it is being procured me a strange material used for boats: it looks like a sponge but it's really hard and easy to model,so i'm going to re-make my SMG with it
a photo of the material i will use:
CIMG1808.jpg

i'm also making the mark VI shoulders just for fun

interesting find out the name of this stuff, and try spraying something called "plasti-dip", this will remove the pores and roughness

i finished forearm left and shoulder but.... i think the shoulder it's too small ) :
35.jpg

what do you think: it's the shoulder too small or the forearm too big?

A little difficult to tell from that picture, but it does look just a tad bit too small, but perhaps not enough to need to remake it. You also should consider the mobility of your arms with the chest piece one. I think my shoulders are a little too big, and might interfere with my chest piece if I move my arms too much. So in that case, yours may be just right.

That shoulder is 20 cm tall but from my elbow to my shoulder there are 26,5 cm! I almost do not succeed to make pass my arm!
tomorrow i will print two forearm with heavier card (for the forearm in the photo i used 125 weight card and now i will use 250 weight card)

If you can barely fit your arm through the shoulder piece, then I think it's definitely too small. You will want to have room for some padding and strapping. Also, heavier weight cardstock is a good idea, good luck!

Looks good so far. I would like to ask how you are going to put the dimples in the grip of the gun.
Maybe even using an inside out basket ball to get the desired effect

hi! i finished pepping out the forearms but this time a little more big and with heavier cardboard...someone can please let me know some bad and good thing about the Duct Tape Method?
CIMG1811.jpg

I hope to go ahead soon with my helmet but i must wait for my father for resin it.....

sorry for the duble post but i have bought the resin and soon i will start resin my good helmet and the forearms.

today i have made the magazine of the SMG with the strange material my father found but i will start post photo when I complete more pieces of it.

nice job man! glad to see another fan of the ORIGINAL scout helmet! the new one is fugly in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back