H3 shedg's first build:scout helmet and SMG (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i finished my exams and now i have all the summer holidays for work at my armor
this is a photo with my actual progress:
CIMG2100.jpg

How can you see i pepped the torso and both shoulder and i tried to paint my boots but i will re-paint them when i will cut them for attack the tube piece
now i only need to
*Pep the shins,cod piece,Thigh,handplates and re-per the forearms
*Wait for the plastic film or the spray for the visor and make it "one way see-trough"
*Use the body filler on the helmet
*Paint them

All this will be finished for saturday 28 october when begins the most important cosplay event of italy and if i will have some more time i will make an energy sword or a turret

I have some intresting upates:
*shoulders and torso resined
*the helmet now have a one way see trough visor
08.jpg

08-1.jpg

and some bad news:
*must re-pep the torso because it's too short! but i don't now how to make it higher with the same width!
here is a photo of my problem:
20.jpg

TOO SHORT!

Sorry but why nobody reply to my wip? i see 1697 visit but only 41 replies and (22 are mine)
please, i really need some help with the chest problem! i hope you can give me an hand or some advices

Finished one Thigh, resined a shin ando so i made some photo to see if they are scaled right
what do you guis think?
(sorry for bad-quality)
CIMG2134.jpg

CIMG2135.jpg

those days are too cold for pep, i only made a handplate and tried re-scale the chest, but i need help, every time there's something who don't work, if someone wants to help me scaling it, please PM me
her'es a picture of the handplate size, i don't want it too big or too small and i think that this is scaled right, soon (when there will not be so hot) i will make forearms (for the 4th time) and resin all the pieces.
CIMG2143.jpg

the forearms now i think they are perfect sized, soon i will post the photo of a complete arm with the new forearms.
i need a little more of body filler and then i finished my helmet.
someone have a padding scheme for an old style scout helmet?

I also noticed that you used the low-def pep files of the Mark VI armour, on the halo costuming wiki you can find the high-def ones, they are much better!

i know but i prefer the LD one because:
1) it's my first suit
2) next year all the pieces ,except the helmet, will be too small and so i prefer to wait when i will stop grow and then make all the armor HD
3) i need a little more experience at pepping out details if i want to make a good HD piece.

i know but i prefer the LD one because:
1) it's my first suit
2) next year all the pieces ,except the helmet, will be too small and so i prefer to wait when i will stop grow and then make all the armor HD
3) i need a little more experience at pepping out details if i want to make a good HD piece.

There's no need to worry about man! it doesent maters if it's your first or last armor! It's all about how interested you are in your work, and how many time you spend on your work and how many effors do spend on it!
You can check my first armor below, and you will understand!

Well, I think I may have some good news regarding your chest piece. From the looks of that photo, you only put on the front half of the chest. To have it rest on your shoulders so you could take the photo, I'm fairly sure it's sitting higher than it should or will be when it's 100% finished. Also, with the LD chest, you will almost certainly have to cut out and re-attach the ab/stomach plate. It has a steep inward angle that digs into your stomach otherwise. From from the looks of it, you have a usable chest piece.

Shoulder scaling looks a tad bit small, but that might work for the better since it will ensure you have upper arm mobility. Trust me, from experience, I'd rather have my shoulder armor too small rather than too large.

Regarding the leg pieces, I'm pretty sure you're wearing the left thigh piece on your right thigh. Scaling looks ok.

Your handguard looks too small. Measure the distance on the top of your hand from your first knuckles to where your wrist bends, and the sizing should be correct, i.e. comfortably covering the back of your hand.

And not to be a downer, but asking for replies will not guarantee getting them. Perhaps if you included more photos of better quality, more people would be interested in your build? This build thread should be for you, not just to get replies from us. :)

Thanks for the warnings about the various pieces,i'll try to follow them all
i finished the new forearm, a little more small than before, here's a photo of the forearm with the shoulder
DSC_0133.jpg

i see that the shoulder seems again too small, i'm going to remake them a little more big sacrificing mobility.
soon i'll try to make an HD chest piece and make the HD boots too, they are the pieces that from LD to HD version have the most changes, the others don't changes too much
here is a list of what i made and what i need to do for every piece:

HELMET: need more body filler for fill the holes,then,paint and install visor and padding
CHEST: not started
SHOULDERS: need to re-make them a little bigger
FOREARMS: need to pep the other one, then resin,fibberglass and paint
HANDGUARDS: need to re-make them bigger
COD PIECE: not started
THIGHS: need fibberglass cloth,then paint and padding
SHINS: need padding and paint
BOOTS: need to re-make them bigger and HD,need to find a tube for the middle section.
DAYS LEFT: 72

Your build is coming along nicely. Here is a link to help with the boots if you haven't seen it already.

thanks! i didn't see that tutorial, but i don't know if i can find that type of Plungers here in italy

I've pepped out the "cod piece" now i only need the other forearm,chest piece and handguards and then i will finish resin/fiberglass process
the helmet is kinda completed,i was thinking about leave some little holes because then it will seem really used for battles, tomorrow i'll post some photo of it
DSC_0125.jpg

Sorry for triple post but i have the photos of the helmet
DSC_0126-1.jpg

DSC_0127-1.jpg

you can see i need to fill little holes and make some little details but it's quite finished
but i was thinking about leave some of the little holes you see in the second photo, so it will look used,what you guys think?

Ok, finished forearms with good scale,now i only need some help with the scale of the chest and then i can finish resin all the pieces
i miss only chest and handguards, now i only need to get a little tin of bondo for finish the helmet, spray paint and some foam for padding.
DSC_0127a.jpg

i'll try to make some details on the LD pieces like Spitfire22V made on his LD suit
Comments and suggestions are welcome

Long time passed...after the first year of industrial tecnic istitute i'm glad to continue my project...i'm growing so fast that my old armor pieces don't fit me now...i'll wait and make a complete suit like 3 or 4 years from now...i shuld finish the growing process and have a lot of time to do it...but i'm not going to stop on my helmet! finished bondo process,added a last coat of resin so it's a bit smooter and it's water resistent today i started collecting spray paints that i need and wathed some good tutorials for have a badass paintjob but...silly me...i never asked miself what color scheme use! My father told me that a bright color scheme shuld not be cool as the silver paint wuld be harder to see...so i opend the model generator of halo 3 and tried some good combinations(remembering that i will have a silver visor and not gold one) the best resuld i found was this:
PlayerModel.ashx?p1=0&p2=7&p3=0&p4=0&p5=0&p6=18&p7=3&p8=3.png

So,i'll post picture soon of the painting WIP...for now i just have these:
Before a bit of sanding for the resin:
2012-07-28170035.jpg

After:
2012-08-01181534.jpg

Thanks again to all the people of this comunity for have such a great site with all the tutorials and hints for these works...if someone is intrested on the painting process i'll follow this sweet tutorial:

Last edited by a moderator:
Big post!

Here there are all the painting process pictures!
Starting with black primer:
2012-08-11144727.jpg

2012-08-11144705.jpg

Adding red stripe:
2012-08-13144218.jpg

2012-08-13151104.jpg

Blue paint:
2012-08-15152559.jpg

All basic paint done:
2012-08-15171249.jpg

2012-08-15171827.jpg

Little errors from spray:
2012-08-15171314.jpg

Adding effects!
2012-08-17164206.jpg

2012-08-17164223.jpg

2012-08-17165734.jpg

2012-08-17164332.jpg

2012-08-17164219.jpg

2012-08-17164231.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------
For now this is all...tomorrow i'll add silver scratches on some edges,i'll see if my father found a way to do the gold visor or we'll have to use the silver one...need paddings and then it's done....i'm so exited...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back