MK VI armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leneak

MK VI armor WIP

Okay, soooooo, after a few months of snooping around, reading and vewing almost every bit of information as well as drooling in front of the elite showcase armors, i finally got to starting my own.

Not resined or fiberglassed yet, but i just had to see how the chest piece fits (at least to make sure i scaled it right) and it's perfectly adjusted :D

Here goes :

196665_1891186799321_1231037051_2287677_18693_n.jpg

189825_1891186559315_1231037051_2287676_7105321_n.jpg

I took the LD file for the chest because i just couldn't muster the courage to do the HD one on a first try. But I'll try to do the rest in HD now that i've got the hang of it.

EDIT : forgot to mention the PEP file was Flyingsquirrel's. Thanks dude !

x3, a bit small and maybe warped to the right on the back? But looks good for your first pep work, keep it up.

I'm a skinny guy so it feels perfect when i wear it, then again, I'll only be able to judge once i've hardened it all with resin and fiberglass. Donno if i want to bondo, cast a mold and then mold a plastic suit, sounds like a big expense and I'm not gonna be running in it firing airsoft weapons in the woods. Therefore I should be fine if it stays the same size. The warping would come from me not taping it right on myself, it's symmetrical when lying on a surface. Thanks for your comments !

Looks good but belive me you may want to scale it up a bit, you will want room to get to the strapping and don't gorget to compensate for your under armor, I found this out for myself after I already built an HD chest with all the hayabusa parts molded on to it, now I have to do it all over again, but otherwise turned out really nice

Looks good!

As for the size... that now depends upon what you want to wear for the under suit. If the undersuit is going to be skin tight, like the shirt you are wearing, then I'd say it is sized correctly. Otherwise a padded undersuit may make it difficult to put on and wear.

Good luck with your build!

Cheers!

Wow, THE LongShot-X posting in my thread :D i spent most of last night going through your MC build thread > amazing !

I'm not planning on having fancy undersuit, i'l just have a long sleeved skin tight sports shirt, like the ones they use for professional sprinting, and military issue black pants. This is why I think the actual scale will be perfect.

Thanks for your concern guys, I'll post pictures of the right thigh later today !

PS : french time here is 1PM

I think it looks good. I think the concern is that when you got to buckle it together it will be a tight fit and remember it is paper now so it fits snug to your body but what about when it is stiff and doesn't bend. It will not fit the same way stiff....ok say it..."thats what she said"...lol. Anyway I would also suggest scaling up so there is room for error. This time go high deff, you have the skill.

Ithica

Still haven't mustered the courage to try scaling and pepping a HD chest piece, but I've moved up a notch in difficulty :

Here's the right thigh piece (part of it at least) as well as the pants I plan to wear as undersuit. No edge ID or color difference for valley/mountain edges on a HD pep file. This took me about 45mn to do but thats mostly due to the fact that I ran out of superglue and had to use UHU wich doesn't dry as fast.

184744_1892417870097_1231037051_2290720_5233064_n.jpg

184203_1892418030101_1231037051_2290721_5799917_n.jpg

I scaled it approx. Tell me if this looks good so far or if I'll have to scale it up please.

Thanks for your encouragements !

the side shot of the thigh makes it look like it doesn't cover enough of your inner thigh, but that may be the pants material itself. Main thing is make sure the thigh piece is actually long enough! other than that great pepwork! you'll be on skinny spartan lol

I'm quite flattered by your comment. :)

Basically I like to look at all of the Mark VI threads. It helps to see what others are doing and to learn from it and to share ideas. Plus its great to comment in them as it helps to motivate and insipre everyone to keep on going.

Cheers!

Nice work on the pep, but I have to agree it may be a touch snug...One thing I learned when revamping my original build ,especially adding a decent under suit is you need to add a little extra to the scale of the pieces. Looking forward to more progress.

Tarsus, just saw your undersuit, looks amazing !!! *drools* however, as I've said, my undersuit will consist of a tight fitting long sleeved shirt and the pants you see on the 2 pics above. I'm thin, so I'll be going for a "lean and mean" look rather than the usual "I'm a panzer" look :D
But you'll all get to say "I told you so" if it turns out I can't wear the damned thing in the end. Oh, well, I'll sell it to a smaller guy and at least I'll have gained plenty of experience and the one I'll make for me will kick ass !

No worries mate, :)

One thing I'll add, when you either resin/rondo or fibreglass the thighs. I highly recommend removing the ridged part after it cures and sets, and replacing it with soft foam covered in fake leather...I had the hard version originally and they were murder on the legs...replaced in the updated version of my armour and I can run about in it

Good work so far! Hard to tell if it's the correct size at the moment. The length (or height, I guess) of the thigh tends to be the easiest way to judge whether the size is correct.

Bonne chance! :)

I agree. Nice work but your chest piece is a tad too small. The thigh may need to be enlarge a little as well. Do you plan to do a LD chest? I suggest that you go to HD since you have HD thigh.

Working on the HD chest piece ! Scaled it correctly this time, you guys get to tell me "I told U so..." because it was a bit tight. Also rescaled the thighs but haven't had time to pep them yet as exams are coming up. No pics at the moment because I ran out of thick paper. I'll be buying more tomorrow first thing !

Thanks to all for your comments and encouragements, I'd probalby have given up on this project if I had been working on my own, all alone at home. What a drag to be in the middle of a peice of armour and realizing it won't fit...

@Spitfire22V : Merci beaucoup mec, j'vais en avoir besoin !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back