Windows Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFang

Jr Member
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I need some help on my Windows resolution? I'm have Windows 7 Ultimate and monitor has a max resolution of 1440x900 but now it looks like this.
Sc1.jpg

The color scheme is now Windows 7 Basic and the screen resolution is now 1280x1024.
I already went into control panel and tried to change to the recommended 1440x900 but that feature is gone.

Sc2.jpg

I tried using Windows Movie Maker but it says this

Sc3.jpg

Please can someone help me?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Next thing I'd suggest is grabbing latest video card drivers. Uninstall the old ones properly, then install the new ones.Unless this only happened when you updated the drivers, in which case revert back to the old drivers. Could be your video card drivers are just having a bad day (in which case restarting the machine should fix them) or they've gotten corrupted.

What sort of video card do you have? If you're not sure, click on Start, right-click My Computer and choose Properties. Click on the 'Hardware' tab and go into the Device Manager. There should be one with Display Adapter or something, and under this should tell you your type of video card.

Afte this, either grab them from the site of the Video card (nVidia, ATi or whatever) or if it's a laptop or pre-built machine, grab them from the vendors website (Dell, HP, Acer e.t.c.)

control panel> hardware and sound> device manager> right click on your video card and select properties. click the driver tab up the top and click roll back driver. not sure if i'll work with 7 but i know it works with xp and vista

I fixed the resolution problem it seens my video card was disabled but its still the Windows Basic color scheme. Thanks for your help Coroidan and Stiilus.

No worries. It'll probably just be the Windows Aero theme that's disabled now. There's a chance it'll come back next time you restart, or you should be able to turn it back on in the settings somewhere - I can't remember where though., sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back