Halo Reach Kat - Foam Armor *FINISHED* 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here is where I am at so far.....

1zpjfa8.jpg

143fg5j.jpg

Seems to be looking pretty good! :D

I need to shape the other thigh I just finished building then I can go ahead and paint it black then start my color. I also need to go and buy some more craft foam so I can do the inner thigh area. The one that is already painted blue still needs a black wash and I need to add the silver paint to it as well. Then of course I gotta add that white stripe that is on it too. I WOULD Like to add some led's to my build, but that would require me talking my husband into taking the time to wire it all up for me and I don't know if that is gonna happen. :\ Oh well.

I am looking forward to getting the helmet and boot pieces from Brandon! :D I am also hoping that ForgedReclaimer makes the belt and forearm for the female. I am also wanting to see a new tactical hardcase. I WAS working on modeling one, but due to my "computer issues" that saved file is MIA so as of now, I no longer have the model I was working on. :(

Look great so far.
If you can give me the basic dimensions(height/width) and possibly a few references I can try to do a quick model of the hardcase for you.

Another little update on the status of my computer.....

After I did the system restore, I ran Malware to see if anything was infected. As it was searching my computer, I saw the names of the stuff that I can not see on my computer. My pepakura folder, armor references, wedding photos and all the other folders I had made were showing up while Malware was scanning. Now I just gotta make it so that this stuff reappears on my computer again.
This is a good sign. What I was going to do was run up there with my own recovery cd. This thing is awesome: you boot off of the cd and it has a miniature version of Windows that can run right off of the disc. I would then go exploring your hard drive for the things you were needing. It recognizes USB ports and flash drives as well, so all I would need to do is copy/paste them off of your drive to a flash drive. After that (if there's a second PC handy), I scan the files for bugs and malware before even taking them off of the flash drive. I do this at a local PC repair shop for a living.

ilovethisthread.jpg

Why haven't I seen this thread before???
And holy cow, how could you do all that so fast? oh wait.. it's because you have patterns. D= Anyways, it looks fantastic. I'll be keeping better tabs on this now. >.>

Well got some more updates for ya......

Computer is getting worse. A new window popped up and this time it was some Vista firewall security thing along with the windows recovery thing. They are programs that want me to buy something and I am NOT about to input my personal information into something that looks fake. So once again, I am on my husbands computer typing this.

As for my costume progress..........BOTH legs are fully done!!! :D I still need to make the pieces for thei nner part of the thigh, but that won't take much. Just gotta get the craft foam. :) I totally LOVE how they came out! I loaded up Reach and went into campaign then went into theater mode so I could scope out Kat's armor and see how it looks so I could do my painting based off that.

It looks really good and I kept walking around the house wearing it. XD haha My husband thought I was weird. I also just LOVE the color. It's the perfect shade of blue for Kat, plus blue is my fav color. :p I really wish I could show you guys some pics, but until my computer gets fixed and is back to normal status, I can't post pics. :( But the second I get my computer back, expect to see pics! :D

I'm sorry about your computer messin wif ya again, but as far as the armor goes.....
250px-The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg

The Fonz approves. And you know if the Fonz approves, it's gotta be good!

Excellent use of curves my friend. very NICE. It looks like you stitched the parts along their edges, waiting for the hot glue to hold before moving on to the next 'tack'.

Excellent use of curves my friend. very NICE. It looks like you stitched the parts along their edges, waiting for the hot glue to hold before moving on to the next 'tack'.
It's funny you say tht because that is how I pretty much did it for the longer sections. I would glue anywhere from an inch to 2 inches, hold, let it dry then continue on until it was fully glued. Doing it that way allowed me to keep it lined up and even.

its looking epic! it doesnt even look like foam, nice job!
Thanks! After I finished the thighs, it really doesn't look like foam at all! It came out really good! hehe

Computer is getting worse.

What you should do is back up all your data, either by booting a separate rescue system (Linux disc or so) or by removing the drive and plugging it into a second computer (don't need special hardware for that, just a screwdriver). Either way, I wouldn't boot that Windows again. Once the backup's done, reinstall Windows and all your programs. It's a lot of work, but it's the only way to really make sure that both the virus and all the damage it might have done are gone.

Oh, and yes, your armour looks very good! :)
(Trying hard to keep the thread on topic here, see? :-D)

legs look awesome (perv again).. the paint job is outstanding.. i noticed on the thighs it looks as though alot of it was solid (no seams) did you get the unfold on the pep to come out that smooth or did you do alot free hand. that is what i am finding i have to do to eliminate some of the seams that i really don't need. with the foam being so pliable and easy to shape some of the "seems and folds" are not necessary.

HaloGoddess,

Your Kat is turning out really well! One thing I did to fill in the seams was that I used some paper mache' and then sanded it down, then brushed on some Mod Podge over it to seal it before painting. Looking forward to seeing your finished Kat!

I am such a happy camper now that armor making has reached such an easy medium. cheers for the kat build, it's awesome so far!

Okay guys, so here is the deal........

As of now, I only have time to finish up what I need for my armor. There is NO time to make a weapon, although I DO have the laser tag plasma rifle and plasma pistol, but I would like to have a magnum since that is what Kat seems to favor, but I would REALLY love a DMR! Is there ANYONE that would be willing to loan me a finished weapon so I have something to compliment my armor? Brandon McClain is already loaning me a helmet and the boot pieces. Now I just need a good weapon to go with everything.

ARMOR UPDATE:

Since my computer is still dead, I had to download pepakura and the female bicep piece and I had to trace the templates I needed off the tv screen. XD haha In the process, I forgot TWO pieces! GAH! Now I gotta download all that stuff again. <_< I don't have much left for the bicep and thank god I only have to make one of these because I did NOT have an easy time trying to get my templates for this at all. Thankfully the shoulder piece will cover up the craptastic job on the bicep piece. XD LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back