My Captain America's shield build

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmodder

Jr Member
Hello started this about a week ago but just decided to post it! I originally modified a pep file I found on this site but even with extra reinforcement it was still way to.....wavy?
album.php
hdpjFZ
pepshield-1024x368.jpg

Next I made a giant lazy susan using a large baring I am using on my R2D2 and attached the arm to the base piece of wood
IMAG0071-1024x613.jpg

couple things did not work as I intended I had put wax paper down (that tore off really fast) and I had used bondo brushes on my arm and that did nothing. next I started with my clay and tinfoil to make the shield
IMAG0073-1024x613.jpg
IMAG0081-1024x613.jpg

finally I got to the point where I was mostly happy with the shape so I peped out a star and smooth casted it. Then built up the base around the shield and filled any holes with hot glue
IMAG0091-1024x613.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
going to pick up some Thi-Vex to thicken up the rebound so it will stay on the star. probably will start to fibreglass the support shell today.
trying to decide how to do the straps on the shield, should there be one strap one handle ? or two straps ? and should they be riveted on leather straps or that braded stuff they make dog leashes out of ?. not to mention should I make them adjustable like a belt or maybe Velcro?

CAN I HAZ ONE!!!

dude is so awesome!!! keep up!!!
Are you going to make the suit?

lol probably gonna sell them don't know how much yet?
no not gonna make the suite I am a little to....wide...to make that look at all good lol I would look like comic book guy from the Simpsons wearing it lol well maybe a bit better lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have an account on one of the file sharing sites but will make one tomorrow and post a link to a pep for you lol.
I just finished the third coat of rebound this one with Thi-Vex to thicken up the rebound...looks like a birthday cake lol
IMAG0099-1024x613.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back