Props ODST - SMG out of Nerf Recon (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a nice build. My buddy Peter made an SMG out of a recon, using sintra where you used cardboard. I gave him my recon to make me one, but he still hasn't. Hint hint, if you're reading this, Peter.

That is sick. I am not great with cardboard, so i just painted, but i recomend replacing the mag with a handle (i just used a small block of mdf)

Great detail for cardboard...I mean you even got the small bumps on the butt!....I made a funny...

"Preparations A through G were a complete failure..."
I do believe there's a cream for that, and it's also suprisingly good for acne!
But good luck walking around being called "Butt-Face" all the time, Lol
Ah, science... Good times...

Thanks all for the comments. This project is currently in hiatus. I made all the pieces but I forgot to bring one of the "butt" home so it was soaked and became useless. My son, being the destroyer, decided to play with the only silencer/barrel and drop it somewhere in my garage. Now the SMG has no head and butt! Grrr! Hopefully I can get it completed by end of September.

Thanks all for the comments. This project is currently in hiatus. I made all the pieces but I forgot to bring one of the "butt" home so it was soaked and became useless. My son, being the destroyer, decided to play with the only silencer/barrel and drop it somewhere in my garage. Now the SMG has no head and butt! Grrr! Hopefully I can get it completed by end of September.

...Butt-head jokes... nice. lol

Excellent work on this though sorry to hear your little un had his wee way, as well as the stock getting soaked :/ I look forward to seeing the rebuilt version on here soon mate :D

Excellent work! I was thinking of doing something very similar to this for my smg. The deatail you get with the cardboard is incredible. Can't wait to see it done.

Thank you all for your interest in this build. First off, I can say that I have no patience at all in trying to finish this. You can tell by the lack of quality in my work. This was an experiment and I wasn't expecting this to be perfect. Plus, it was a toy for my kids on the Halloween.

Here I present you the final painted SMG. Not exactly the right size.
IMG_1752.jpg

Over the years I experimented with other kind of build. Here is a pepakura M6A that I did last year. This was actually destroyed by my son, again. I was able to salvage most of it and finished it up with a fresh coat of paint. Note that the trigger is missing.
IMG_1751.jpg

Two months ago I tried the cardboard method. Here is the results.
IMG_1753.jpg

Here are the 3 guns with 3 different build methods. The method I prefer is using cardboard. It requires a lot of planning and scratch building, but I can put more details in it. And if I plan correctly, the gun is the right size with the right details.
IMG_1750.jpg

omg omg omg omg you are pro as man keep it up with the good work and such especialy with the m6d (favouite gun) and ma37 way better than mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back