Props BenStreeper's Halo Reach Spartan Laser Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I need help in designing the mechanics to make this work. I want the front handle's movement to control the up/down movement of the Laser's cover. Ideas??? Comments??

laseropenclose.jpg

Scan10006.jpg
This is about the easiest way I can come up with.

Have a rod to the handle, so when the handle is moved the rod moves. On another rod marked as point A you have two egg shaped leavers made of plastic. Now when the handle is moved they both move. Have another rod to another plastic leaver at point B that will transfer the motion to two more leavers on the same shaft placed closer to the outside of the body. They in turn push two robs which lift the housing for the barrel.

a few yaers ago i did a science project concerning magnetic levitation. After looking at this i realized that the idea i used was similar but in this case vertical. Heres what you do.
1. attach a spring inside each of the rail looking things torward the back of the cover.
2. Place a series of magnets in the under part of the cover where the two silver cylander lookin things are.
3. place magnets in the handel so that when the handel is closed the magnets attract and hold the cover shut.
4. to open, just push the lever forward . This terminates the magnetic attraction and allows the springs to push the cover into the open position.

hopes this helps. :)

could you also send me some instructions on how to build this? Id like to try and modify it so that it shoots small oblects via compressed air.

could you also send me some instructions on how to build this? Id like to try and modify it so that it shoots small oblects via compressed air.
not to sound like a complete jerk but did you read this thread at all?? or did you just look at the pictures?? I fully explained how I built this throughout this very thread. I will answer any questions you have (pertaining to steps I have already completed) about the laser that I have not already answered in this thread.

On to updates:
Did some more detail work today, and gorilla glued several pieces together. Before I fully glue the detail layers to the base layers though I still have cleanup work to do on both the base parts, and the details. Here's some shots of today's work on the main body

th_IMAG0850.jpgth_IMAG0848.jpgth_IMAG0845.jpgth_IMAG0846.jpgth_IMAG0849.jpgth_IMAG0847.jpgth_IMAG0844.jpgth_IMAG0842.jpgth_IMAG0843.jpg

oops, my bad. What i had meant were dimensions. I dont have a big printer so i cant really do what you did. its cool if you dont have dimensions though. :)

oops, my bad. What i had meant were dimensions. I dont have a big printer so i cant really do what you did. its cool if you dont have dimensions though. :)

I printed this on multiple 8.5 x 11 sheets of card-stock. then I taped them together. The laser is 989mm long from the tip of the front handle thingy to the back, it is 313mm high, and 113mm wide. In inches that's 38.9370079 inches long x 12.3228346 inches high x 4.4488189 inches wide.

also, how did u scale it? I read the post where you siad you used some sort of laser but i didnt understand it.:(
sorry for the multiple posts.

Keep up the amazing job man!
I want to do a spartan laser too and I hope it will ba as great as yours :D

EDIT
Excuse me for this double post, I have a lot of bugs this moment -_-"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back