Matt H's Reach Carter Armor WIP (99% Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks awesome! cant wait to see the final little details. I just finished remaking my shin/knee today since my first was too small, but I may not be done by haloween ( <--- legit spelling mistake).

The 1% is little stuff like the front torso panel, undersuit, tacpad, boot side toe things, other small things like that

Took the suit out for a test run last night. There was a big halloween party around my parents house so me my brother and friend went out!
296794_163607663732938_100002511150276_319772_580178946_n.jpg

Buddy wore my old chief suit. Im missing the other front attachment cause i think i didnt put enough plastic cement on the back of it and the panel pulled off wit the lights when i was adjusting it. There was a costume contest but we left before it to hit the town.
Went downtown, people were kinda puzzled at first but then we couldnt go 10 feet without getting a picture taken lol!! Fun times :D

Thanks for the comments everyone. Glad you like my build :D The suit is all broken in already (chipped paint, scuffs etc...) but that was bound to happen anyways right??

-Matt H

Wow! I have to say, this is by far THE most impressive carter build I've seen. It's so clean and crisp and that paint job is absolutely fantastic! Do you think you could do a mini tutorial of how you did the painting? That's the exact look I'd like to have for my Victor-101 build :) And also, perhaps I missed this but, what did you use as the lower body of your under suit?

-Poly

P.S. I love the MK V build too :D

Damn Dude, I am stoked at this build, it came out so well! Glad you had a good time at the party, lol. I'll echo what Polythemus said, I love the MKv too.

That suit looks VERY nice! I especially love the helmet. I'm dieing to create a Carter suit for my husband, but helmets are one thing I HATE building! XD I got LUCKY that a special someone GAVE me a mold of the Air Assault helmet to use for my Kat costume! :D

Also I would like to ask, how did you go about by getting the UNSC symbol on the chestplate? I'm having a dilemma with that for mine right now and can't think of a way to get that symbol on my chestplate. I thought about having a vinyl sticker cut, but I'm not aware of any places near me that offer that AND ebay might take too long since I need it by Halo-ween! XD

Thanks again guys!!! Doing repairs for next weekend now :)
@poly: I can try a tutorial for painting but it will be a little while. Maybe you will be at that stage when it's done :). As for the undersuit, it's a skin suit for snorkelIng and diving. There is a link on the previous page :)

@blackula: thanks brotha man!! You made my suit with the helmet! It's the icing on the cake my man!!

@halogodess: glad you like the suit and that you scored with your helmet lol!! My chest emblem is just a water transfer decal I made. I was debating a vinyl sticker too but didn't want to deal with it. Figured I will put the final decals on and then out a few clear coats on it like a plastic model and it will look golden. If you want, pm me and I can make some for you if you like :)

Absolutely beautiful build! Excellent job!
May I inquire what kind of paint you used to paint your knife? Ive used a brilliant silver finish on one Im working on, and Im not completely sold on it, you paint looks fantastic.

Not a word, for explain how awasome is this armor^^
i hope i can follow this steps when i made my armor!!!!

Very inspiring work! Can I ask what file you used for your shin / knee pieces? I'm having a devil of time trying to find one that scales right my size, and yours look great - very authentic! Love the detailing.

Lol haven't looked at my thread in a while. Glad you all like how it's turning out :). I'm looking for pics from last weekend. I didn't have my camera on me so I'm relying on the people I was with and if I can find any online from all the clubs I went to. If I find some good ones I will post them :). I got probably 200 pics taken with me and my buddy in my old mk v suit, we couldn't walk 10 feet downtown without us getting stopped by a group for pics so there's got to be some out there :)

Anyways, I still have to finish some pieces and do the undersuit but I will probably start on them next week or the week after so I can get some much needed and procrastinated work done. Lots of repair is needed on my suit, lots of battle damage from last weekend lol! I smashed a knee cap climbing into a cab at 4am, boot covers were obviously scuffed and cracked, and the typical scraped paint everywhere. Top it off with some new paint, the rest of the decals, toes, front panel, undersuit and the forearm attachment and this suit will be called 100% complete :). Then starts the repairs on the mk v along with the old ma5 rifle ( master chief jumped off the dance stage and broke it innhalf >=( ).

@stoic: the shins are by forgedreclaimer. You can find his files in the 3G modeling section

Again thanks for the compliments everyone :D

Wow.

This is a really, really good looking carter build. I'll have to read this whole thing later when its not so late, but I'm just curious- What made you want to do carter's armor?

Great work!!

EDIT:
HOLY CRAP BALLS YOU SAVED MY LIFE. I am in the final hours of my suit construction for the launch of H:CEA and I have been struggeling to decide how I want to split my chest piece and you just gave me the insight I needed.

I Can't Believe I didn't think of that! It seems soo simple now! BAH!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I don't know how I missed this!! Your build turned out....just, wow!! Great job buddy.

-Matt

@ Revenant: Thanks man! Glad you like it! :D I chose Carter cause I liked the Birth of a Spartan commercial and thought it looksed bad@$$! I remember eating a burger down at the pub and it came on to one of the tv's and i paused to watch it :) oohhh memories lol! Also, glad to help out on the chest splitting. I saw it on Baukie12345's thread that i was following for a while. He split both sides of his chest, i figured just one was enough. Glad i could help :)

@ MKShane (other Matt): Thanks a lot man!! It's not quite finished, but once it is, hopefully it will be even better :D glad I have your approval so far! :D

Well here's my plan for undersuit. I got the Dawn Under Heaven files a while ago but didn't have time to really put them to use since my armor was basically done when i got them. Im gonna use the undersuit parts from the pelvis file and the back of the chest file, build them out of foam and possibly put some velcro on my skinsuit to attach it to
Untitled.jpg

Gonna take a while cause i got LOADS of other life things going on, but hopefully it will help bring the project all together :)

Til next time... Keep it real and thanks for checking out my thread everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back