Matt H's Reach Carter Armor WIP (99% Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the comments everyone :D im stoked that im getting closer to being done!!

Slow start for today. Got some painting done on my new shoulder piece though;

First sketched out some masking for the detail
photo-39.jpg

pasted it on the piece
photo-40.jpg

and SHAZAM!!! Painted :D
photo-41.jpg

Turned out better than the last one. Just need to put on the little detail pieces and she's ready to go on the left bicep piece!! hopefully more to come later!!

Done with the shoulder
photo-42.jpg

:D Need to get some more screws to mount it. I was gonna put a litle bit of foam where it attached to the bicep so it didnt scratch the crap out of it, and the screws i bought were too short. Heading to Lowe's tomorrow morning :p

Just putting more glass layers on the torso and cod. I also got some ladder ratchet attachments im gonna try and use to connect the two cod pieces. Ill update if i get much else done today. Think this was the big thing of the day :p

I was my first time XD I'm really lazy, lacking in moral impetus to do it .... but anywayz! Looks great, always good chili (I'm not) jelous! Zoom looks the way! You think of any color, also?

So today I did some more glass work and touch up on the torso and cod. no pics cause it looks the same as last time, but i started doing some bondo work on the torso. should be ready to cut it tomorrow afternoon! i DID however mount my shoulder to the bicep;
photo-43.jpg

I've been ghosting on the site for a month now while building my armor. I'm also doing a carter build, but using different pep files.

I decided to finally make an account a few minutes ago so I could tell you that your armor is looking so sick right now!

I really cant wait to see it finished, since it'll give me an idea of what mine might look like. I'm also painting it "fresh out of the factory" and in about the same metallic flake blue.

your armor is much more detailed than mine will be though, because I only started building on 8-25 and am aiming toward a halloween deadline. regardless, I've finished the right arm and leg (minus boot), done the round shoulder attachment on the left, pepped most of the helmet, resined the waist, started redoing the torso with a better model (made a small and bad one first, wasted 6 days), and can easily pep-finish any other piece in 3 days or less.

i'm also glad to see that youre padding your armor instead of just strapping it. I'm tightly padding mine so that compression keeps the pieces on me with no straps required.

seriously stoked to see the final result!

thanks for the comments everyone!! glad you like my build! :D and im stoked its nearing home stretch it feels like!!

The last few days ive been trying to sand the details in the chest and cod pieces. Hit a soft spot on the top of the chest piece that i had to fix.
photo-46.jpg

good thing i had some bondo glass laying around. and yesterday, i took a few deep breaths, and cut the lower portion out. and today, i threw a coat of paint on it
photo-45.jpg

a few spots are a little rough cause i didnt see them on the primer coat, but i'll sand them down tomorrow once the paint is fully cured. I also sanded and painted the cod piece but forgot to take pictures. i'll post some more work tomorrow. Now im going to order some water-transfer decal paper so i can start putting the decals on the pieces that just need to be clear coated. More tomorrow (hopefully if the weather behaves. bad day in the northwest....)

keep on keepin on 405th! :p

DAM!!!!! this is freakin amazing man, the paint job is fantastic =D great work really can't wait to see this finished =D good luck

thanks RK and vshore :D
been plucking away at this thing this morning. started on the soft parts on the torso
photo-47.jpg

and slipped it on for fun :D
photo-48.jpg

had to trim the collar all ghetto style cause my fat noggin could barely squeeze through the opening and it felt like my ears were going to be ripped off when i slipped my head through the first time. Hopefully more to come this afternoon!! Cod piece is mostly painted, going to go and try to attach my ladder ratchets and see how they work!!

:D

here's another
photo-49.jpg

just from that, i cant tell i will probably be immobile in this suit...... my girlfriend will have to be my spartan technician and suit me up! lol!! Next suit will be made out of foam!!
I dunno if i even wanna wear it cause i know its going to get beat up when i premier it on halo-ween :(

I also started scratch building the front attachment thing out of styrene
photo-50.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back