Sk8AlmostBay's Reach EOD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
small update on knife and back of helm. helm still needs more bondo/spot putty.
DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

DSCN0923.jpg

looking good. Very impressive bondo work. I know it takes time, but you will love the end result. Great work.

P.S. The knife's blade is so SMooooooooth!

i always wondered why bungie didnt make the whole blade fit into the sheath :/ oh well
looks great my friend, the shape looks spoton

knife still needs a bunch of sanding. can anyone tell me the best method for sanding inside that indention at the bottom?
DSCN0931.jpg

DSCN0932.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

For size demonstration
DSCN0934.jpg

DIE EOD!!!!
DSCN0935.jpg

Bondoed the sheath a bit.
DSCN0936.jpg

DSCN0937.jpg

This. Is awesome. Great inspiration to myself and lots of detail put into this.
Not only is it cool, but it's really helping me scope how large some of these projects can be.
Looking forward to more!

That knife is looking great! All that work/sanding is going to pay off when you have a knife that is so smooth it looks like its really made of metal when painted. The helmet is awesome too, looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

For sanding that indentation in the handle, I would agree with Kadus27 and say that some hand files or needle files would work perfectly for this. They're an indispensable tool for projects like this. You should be able to pick up a set for $10 or less at a local hardware or home improvement store.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks guys! i will definitely go get some needle files today. i do get my drivers license today after all... but i also took the AP US Government Exam this morning for anybody who knows what that is, and that's why i'm not at school. So i'll run up to walmart to get some needls files, and the knife will we sanded to perfection:D and when it gets molded, hit me up, and i'll send you one:)

Thanks guys! i will definitely go get some needle files today. i do get my drivers license today after all... but i also took the AP US Government Exam this morning for anybody who knows what that is, and that's why i'm not at school. So i'll run up to walmart to get some needls files, and the knife will we sanded to perfection:D and when it gets molded, hit me up, and i'll send you one:)
Oh congrats on being able to drive! And my sister definitly knows what you mean, she took the test 2 days ago, been pulling her out up to it too. can't wait to see this knife finished, as well as the EOD since it's my fav helm. This build helps inspire me, and hopefully I can get myself in gear to finish my flaming recon...

Really impressed with how it's coming along; but I've gotta ask how'd you attach the filters to your helmet?

thanks! but i cut on that crease at the bottom of the helmet and stuck the filters through it, then glued from the inside. kinda hard to explain i guess.

Originally Posted by Kadus27

Oh congrats on being able to drive! And my sister definitly knows what you mean, she took the test 2 days ago, been pulling her out up to it too. can't wait to see this knife finished, as well as the EOD since it's my fav helm. This build helps inspire me, and hopefully I can get myself in gear to finish my flaming recon...

yeah it's great! i got an '07 mustang:D but i built a H3 recon, and just rondoed it. i may complete it later, but i'm glad i inspire you lol. But can anyone find me a pep file for the Reach CQC helmet? i really like it. not the CQB. but the CQC. thanks 405th.

I get what you're saying. I guess that I'm just taking the longer route about adding them on. I'm having a hell of a time attaching them without that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back