HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i wear glasses and helmets are no problem but now i want to do the mask from wanted and i dont know how to scale something like that help please

This is so amazing :) I am completely new to this and would really like to get started, this tutorial helped clear up so much from all the research I have been doing

after i followed all your steps and when i clicked ok and the bottom to get ready to print it makes the objects bigger....we have to get each thing in between the dotted lines right? so what if the items are now to big to put in between the dotted lines.

after i followed all your steps and when i clicked ok and the bottom to get ready to print it makes the objects bigger....we have to get each thing in between the dotted lines right? so what if the items are now to big to put in between the dotted lines.
If the objects become too big to stay within the dotted lines, there is a chance you make have scaled the piece TOO big. If you have even tried to rotate the piece to try and make it fit, but it still won't fit, then as I already stated, you made it too big, or you will need to unfold the piece more, if possible, to create smaller pieces so that it will fit.

HaloGoddess would you message me the link for the pepakura file for the helmet in the beginning of the tutorial? I'd greatly appreciate it!

thank you very much for the detailed tutorial. Just one n00b question, how do you separate the pieces to be on certain pages? I'm trying to do the knee piece and it's not broken down into pieces.

Thank you again!

If i'm making a eva foam armor, i must add 1 inch to every single piece of the armor?
It kind of depends on the thickness of the foam. If you are using 1/2" foam, then adding 1" should be ok. I would add a little more just for a little space between for some sort of undersuit. If you aren't using 1/2" foam, then 1 " might be too much space. You want to be comfortable wearing it. But one of the great things about foam is that it's easily modified during construction. If a piece isn't big enough, just add a spacer piece. If it's too big, cut a section out.
Hope that helps some.

Thanks bro, i'm having trouble with the boot piece, i printed out the templates in pepakura, for that i measure my tenni shoe from heel to toe, the measure was 12'', now i must add than inch extra?

Ok so I've just pepped my first piece, the shin. I scaled according to the instructions on here. Problem is, I am a tall, lean-ish female and the depth of this shin piece is massive in proportion to my leg. The length looks good but it's just so LARGE.
Damn my long legs... #firstworldproblems

Unfortunately most game characters are not life like proportions. Master chief is supposed to be the result of massive genetic and tissue alteration. Thus once the length is right, you might have to either bulk yourself up using undersuits etc, or cut out some of the pep to shrink the depth or width of the armor piece. If you do decide to slice the piece and remove some, save those scrap pieces of cardstock. They work great to use as pieces to rejoin/reglue the sides together. Remember the piece needs to have room for your undersuit, padding, strapping system, and reinforcement (fiberglass etc). Not to mention any battery packs, wires etc for led's or fans to be installed. Skin tight in the pep stage is bad.

Yeah i figured it needed to be a bit bigger. I already added an extra 1cm or so because I plan on making a padded undersuit. I just won't make the other shin until I see how the size of this one goes..

Thanks bro, i'm having trouble with the boot piece, i printed out the templates in pepakura, for that i measure my tenni shoe from heel to toe, the measure was 12'', now i must add than inch extra?
You do NOT need to add the extra inch for your boots. You mostly want to add extra with the belt, chestplate and helmet when you are building it using the standard pepakura method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back