Challenge project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear24

Hey guys & girls,
This is my first post on the 405th. I'm Bear, I'm working on a Halo ODST project with a twist. I am attempting to make a full suit using kids (10's and under) friendly materials. This means no resins, no fibreglass, no spray paint etc, just pepakura, air dry clay, PVA glue and kid-friendly paints.
Only exception is the visor. Apologies for poor photo.
ODST-shot-2-202557262
ODST-shot-2-202557262

Owing to the softness of the material (before it's laquered with many coats of PVA) I've been able to scratch a few insignia in with a compass (which is probably cheating)
At the minute I don't think it's looking bad, but there's something not quite right about it. I don't want to write the project off (though I am looking at buying the rest if this one is deemed a failure) and I'm really interested in what people in the forum have to say.
I've been watching so many other builds take shape, it feels good to be part of it. I'm teaching myself as I go on this one, so I'm hoping it was worth spending the time to try something different
Bear

I used Pepakura style build and paper clay without sealing the paper and it failed so I build the second one but this time I sealed it with mod podge and it turn out ok. Sorry I didn't have any picture to show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back