Blood Chit

Status
Not open for further replies.

cujo3131

Ok.... looking for a reference.....

I have noticed a lot of ODST's with what I call a Blood Chit on their shoulder plates...

Anyone have pics/references of this? Is there a standardized pattern out there?

Let me know and THANK you in advance :)

cujo3131

Chit–noun 1. a signed note for money owed for food, drink, etc.
2.any receipt, voucher, or similar document, especially of an informal nature.
3.Chiefly British. a note; short memorandum.

Yep, he's talking about that shoulder blood type placard.

Yes that is what I am talking about.... the shoulder medical badge.....

Blood chits were the patches that WWII Aviators wore ont eh back of there jackets in case they were shot down in enimy territory.....

I tried a lot of searches and didn't know what the technical name for it was.....

I did find something interesting though.....

If you watch the WETA video (I think that's it) the "Medical Badge" is quite a bit different....

shoulder.jpg

Different shape.... and no real barcode either.....

Whats with the HCE (I think that is the initials) on the lower arm armor?

cujo3131

Medical Info is probably what it's called. Blood chits were worn by ww2 pilots and most popularized by the flying tigers in china. Those chit had a note written in chinese or the local language informing the local that the downed flyer was friendly to his cause and to take care of him and they would be rewarded for their efforts.

This shoulder sticker on the other hand has just medical info. Blood type, serial no. and rank and allergies would be the most appropriate things to put on it.

This began with the modern soldiers duct taping their blood types to their boots. These days they have specialized velcro patches with blood types that soldiers can just velcro onto their uniforms

Medical Info is probably what it's called. Blood chits were worn by ww2 pilots and most popularized by the flying tigers in china. Those chit had a note written in chinese or the local language informing the local that the downed flyer was friendly to his cause and to take care of him and they would be rewarded for their efforts.

This shoulder sticker on the other hand has just medical info. Blood type, serial no. and rank and allergies would be the most appropriate things to put on it.

This began with the modern soldiers duct taping their blood types to their boots. These days they have specialized velcro patches with blood types that soldiers can just velcro onto their uniforms

Most troops now days also write it with marker on their boots, usually on the top around the opening. Troops will sometimes also have it on their helmet along with their roster number.

The blood CHIT is still in use today as an way to provide aid to troops seperated from their teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back