First go for ODST armor (Female?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikku92

So hey everyone, I've been doing my research to Build my own ODST armor. Though I can't seem to find any files or even info on the chance that there is a 3D model for a female set. I can't imagine there is much different save for the breastplate, but could anyone point me in the right direction? Really appreciate it guys.

hey there, welcome to the 405th.
i wouldnt think that there are any female versions of the ODST armor. have you looked at the in-game armor that DARE wears in halo 3: odst? if it is the or not much different then the normal armor you could just modify it slightly to better fit your, er, dimensions?

I believe there are some slight differences between Dares armor and the ODSTs but over all they are very close to one another. If you look at SMG Johnson's armor his is sort of like ODST and marine armor mixed up together. You can always alter it to fit you how ever best you can as well. I'm using foam on my build and it's a bit easier to mod.

yea I was looking over some WIP by some of the other guys, and foam seem's like the easiest route for the bases. Thanks for the tip.

im pretty sure odst armor is intended to be unisex, but im not entirely sure.

I thought it was too. But you never see a female ODST other then DARE so its hard to say. She is a good base though.

The main diffrences i see are in the core which is does not cover the whole body. The shoulder plates are not there but the armor behind it is. The center ab plates are unique and differ from the other ODST. Should be a good build.

Good luck! And welcome to the 405th!

Also remember that, as an ONI operative, Dare has unique armor. You might be better off just working with standard ODST and modifying it as you see fit.

As far as I know, there are 3 versions of the ODST armor.

*Dare's Custom armor.
*A Standard female set found in the ODST comic. It's missing a couple of ODST pieces.
*Standard set that the men use.

Now, You could probably mix all three into a custom set or choose from the one above. Either way, you'll be an ODST ;)

Welcome to the 405th and the Orbital Drop Shoock Troopers.

I remember back when I was attempting a DARE build for the release of ODST and I was using the files that were already made. I have a folder of the files for DARE's armor that I was using for my build and the same files were being used by the guys as well. IF you wanted to build DARE's armor, there are other pieces that you need like the ab plate which is unique to DARE's outfit. The gauntlets (forearm) pieces are pretty much the same as the guys, but the chestplate is slightly different than the guys. She has her own special one. :p

But just as ACDCrocker209 said, either way you will still be an ODST. :p

like it has been said armor is unisex so a basic odst will work for both sex''s . and yes DARE is ONI so they get all the special stuff.(damn Intel people) but ther then that just make it fit ur body type and you will be fine. and i would advise using HUGH's fles he has some of the best ones out there. that is what mine is based off of. and also you need to think do you want to go for halo 3 version or halo 3:$dst style.

I remember back when I was attempting a DARE build for the release of ODST and I was using the files that were already made. I have a folder of the files for DARE's armor that I was using for my build and the same files were being used by the guys as well. IF you wanted to build DARE's armor, there are other pieces that you need like the ab plate which is unique to DARE's outfit. The gauntlets (forearm) pieces are pretty much the same as the guys, but the chestplate is slightly different than the guys. She has her own special one. :p

But just as ACDCrocker209 said, either way you will still be an ODST. :p
regardless its odst, but im sure dares armor is standard for all ONI field officers

like it has been said armor is unisex so a basic odst will work for both sex''s . and yes DARE is ONI so they get all the special stuff.(damn Intel people) but ther then that just make it fit ur body type and you will be fine. and i would advise using HUGH's fles he has some of the best ones out there. that is what mine is based off of. and also you need to think do you want to go for halo 3 version or halo 3:$dst style.

Yeah I think if anything you might want to change the chest core to best fit you but like everyone else has said just do what fits and feels right to you.

Oh and don't forget the Halo 2 and Reach versions of ODST and the other versions out there.

yah i would just scale the armor to fit you, weel welcome to the 405th =D and good luck with the build and finding the pieces and such
well it seems like a new build could be coming up, creating the female odst =D

(Just got back from Anime Expo last night so had not been able to post @___@ )

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm still having to learn a bit about all this, and I'm trying to see if I can get my Mac to duel-boot Windows so I can download the Pep program for the armor.

I'll definitely be looking into Dare's armor, since I can't even remember the differences in her's from a regular ODST's off the top of my head. And I'll definitely be back to ask another question if I hit a wall.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes as well everyone :)

well good to see you back on this bulid. and the difference with an oni op and an odst is ONI OPS have no shoulders. diffent chest and ab plate. and also shoulder straps. but all in all most of the same armor. in my opiion it would be kooler to see a finished female odst. and depending how big ur chest is. if u build a foam core u can cut holes or curve the area to shape to ur chest.if need any pointers just ask or u can check out other peoples odst builds like mine for idea's........uploading pix of the 3 different types from halo 3 and odst.
halo3odst1.jpg

halo3odstdaresoldier.jpg

halo3odstgunman.jpg

(Just got back from Anime Expo last night so had not been able to post @___@ )
Lucky you!

I'll definitely be looking into Dare's armor, since I can't even remember the differences in her's from a regular ODST's off the top of my head.
The differences are pretty clear.

*She has a totally different chest plate.
*Different Ab plate
*Shoulders straps are alot wider than standard ODST straps.
*Different back pack than what The Rookie, Dutch, and Mickey wear.

If you need any help, just ask us a question and we'll try to get back to you as best we can.

Good luck on your armor :)

I don't see much difference at all honestly. It doesn't look like Dare uses a base torso and instead uses that stomach pack object. And she obviously doesn't use base shoulders or the odst shoulders. But if I were you, i'd choose Dare as an armor build. Because that will show people that you're female while looking badass showing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back