rocketeer project

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone, just started working with pepakura and ive started on the rocketeer helmet ( love it )
just a short video of how my progress is. just want to add i used plaster of paris bandages instead of fibreglass, BAD IDEA !!!!!!!!

update: new video with the helm completely covered and smoother, but still not perfect

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work so far! i love the rocketeer! can you give me a pionter to the pep file? Id love to make my own rocketeer helmet just for display.

thanks mte i my fist try at pepakura ever, was soo scared when i started to resin it, was no going back lol, also had a look at your photo bucket pics, nice man :D love the hayabusa helm

I was looking at some reference pics and your video and couldnt help but feel like the eyes weren't right. after checking it out, it looks like the eyes arch in the wrong direction. might wanna check that out. But still looks fan-damn-tastic!

i think you might be right lol, oh well i love it :D it wasnt unfolded and that by me sadly, wish i had the skills, it was either dungbeetle, nintendude or my mate pepakurairsoft. tbh its the best file i could find, found one which was shocking tbh, not sure what im gona do about the extra detail ie. the lines on side of helmet ( hard to explain lol ) and what to use for the eye glass,

For the eye glass you could use acetate, or buy a small peice of plexi or lexan, then get a mirrored tint.

thanks man, the hayabusa helmet actuall turned out kinda terrible because it is just regular paper not cardstock, i would have used cardstock but i hadn't heard of it so i just made it and it came out all warped after the pep was finished and the resin made it even more warped so i didn't want to make anything worse so i just left it the way it was

suprsied you managed to make it at all outta normal paper, fair play to ya mate, i only found out about it the day i started construction of mine, had to quickly run to staples,

Random question, anyone know the best way to sand by hand ?? i dont have a dremel sadly and im getting too many imperfections, fill them in but they come back

quick update, ive started priming the helmet now, decided to prime it white and then spray it ancient gold, not sure what im gona use as extra detail for side of the helm, in pics there are 2-4 extruding line things onside of helm, was thinking surgical tubing maybe

the craziest thing is i am watching this movie right now on SYFY and i saw this post. i have loved this movie and the helm since i was a little kid. and was just thinking of doing it for a con once today........

ITS ON ???? XD LOVE IT, got it on dvd thought lol, you have have to, glad it on tv though, was starting to think people forgot about it, the helmet is like no other, its so unique, i think its the mean eyes and the fin you know, without the fin its just another helmet. you defo should mate, would love to see pics,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back