Stalker's ODST build (Sean kit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpl Shepard

IT BEGINS

Thanks to Sean who made some excellent molds for me to work with. I broke three dremel tool cutting discs in doing so and burned myself with hot glue thrice so far, but it looks great.

I used a silver undercoat with multiple black layers to give it a darker gunmetal grey than I've seen on most costumes before. Once I finish all the straps and buckles I'll begin the dry-brushing and weathering effects.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I used a tinted blue motorcycle visor shaped with a heat gun. A molle tactical vest with some shoulder attachments is the base for the chest, and it's so easy to work with.

I have a lot more to do, but it's looking good so far.

Cheers.

Wow, that looks great! I really like the blue visor. I've been thinking of getting one in the future so it's good to see what they look like in a helmet.
So what all do you have to do to finish it?

I have to use a 50% water/50% black wash to give the crevices of the armour some darker inlay. Dry-brushing with metallic silver to simulate wear and tear. Also, Im doing some light application of sand and dirt to the shins and boots; nothing too drastic, but enough to suggest it's been worn in. Also, the paint stripe on the helmet and chest piece. Not sure what colour to go with. Maybe blue.

I still have to make stencils for the UNSC logo, the ODST lettering and my callsign. Plus minor details.

I also need to get around to building that Nerf MA5C replica. The glue has dried on the boards I vised together. I'm going to print out white lettering for the ammo counter on some acetate plastic, and use that with a blue LED for the rifle's ammo counter.

I'll spend plenty of time adjusting the straps too, I want this to be secure enough to handle moving around in it for a day. I hate the idea of having delicate or flimsy armour. Sean's plastic work is perfect though, the problem lies in strapping it together properly. Also, 3-inch foam works wonders for lining and bulk.

Very cool. I think a dark blue would look good for the stripe on the helmet and match the visor. Definitely waiting to see this one completed.

This definitly has potential to be EPIC!

Will be watching this one.

Cheers! :)

The armor's mounted now, just waiting on some more black spray paint to work on the shinguard base. I'm going to have to adjust the thigh plates, they're cutting into the back of my knees. Otherwise, mobility is great; I wanted above and beyond all else for the armor to be durable enough to move around in excessively and not have anything come loose. So far, it`s all very sturdy.

Doing the UNSC emblem and call-sign later today.

05.jpg

04.jpg

Here are the shots of the revised armor; worn by my younger brother.

The ammo counter isn't built yet for the MA5B, but it's looking nice thus far. The armor's all rock solid, I'd spent a week adjusting and re-gluing and strapping things left and right. As tedious as it was, I can't wait to start my next project.

(I was also missing my exacto knife, and made do with a broad head arrow I had in my hunting gear)

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

That looks awesome! Great work on the suit all around.

Question, are you bigger than he is? The suit just looks a little big on him, especially the legs. Regardless, it still looks great.

So what's your next project going to be?

That looks awesome! Great work on the suit all around.

Question, are you bigger than he is? The suit just looks a little big on him, especially the legs. Regardless, it still looks great.

So what's your next project going to be?

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't ask someone else to take some worthwhile photos, so I had to operate the camera.

My next project is the blood dragon armor from ME2. I also have some foam squared away for a spartan build, but I'm doing that later on.

Yeah, it is hard to get others to take pictures of you sometimes. When that does happen though, you'll have to post the pictures back here. Until then, your brother can keep looking cool in that awesome armor. :D

Looks great overall! The blue stripes on the armor accentuate the blue visor nicely. Also, the AR looks awesome too.

The only thing I don't like about ODST armor (in general) is the fingerless gloves. It just looks strange to me to see that little bit of skin when the rest of the armor covers head to toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back