Props L05T V1K1N6 SRS99 Reach Sniper Rifle (with WIP pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really do costumes. I'm more into the props :)

Well then, you can "prop" that rifle right outside my front door buddy,lol! In all seriousness, you have an insane amount of wood working skills my friend. Super impressive!!!

Oh and.....
1450025-chuck_norris_thumbs_up_super.jpg

Chuck Norris approves!

GEEZ I need a wood shop!!! AND skill. You can see the evolution of yout craftsmanship when you see the rifles side by side. Thats great, nay, good work.

p.s. Try and not get the cops called on you again.!!!

..wait, when did that happen before? o_O
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Bloodl3tt3r viewpost-right.png
"You should be home coloring".

HAHA. Anyways, looks even more epic with the magazine... just don't go out in public and get stopped like Bungie did for carrying around their props.

Yeah... what's rediculous is the person who freaked out and called the cops thought the sniper rifle was an AK-47. FAIL."

Sorry, I remembered wrong* tthis was posted on you DMR thread on 6.22.2010* my mind was so blown I screwed up the post.

It's amazing to think that this thing once stood in the forest surrounded by some lame leafy leaves, and clueless critters. HAH

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHA! That it once did. :D (probably several forests)
But no longer; now it is a deadly accurate sniper rifle designed for blowing the heads off said clueless critter XD

Nah jk, DON'T KILL ANIMALS.

(unless you're Ted Nugent)

My god this is incredible. What did you use as a reference to make the sniper rifle, and are there any parts that are metal?

It's... It's... beautiful!

Seriously. That's an amazing level of detail, complimented by an even more amazing paint job! Is that just regular spray paint? :O

My god this is incredible. What did you use as a reference to make the sniper rifle, and are there any parts that are metal?

I had lots of help with the dimensions from Lee Kegan, and I used a sh*t-load of reference photos of the in-game model I took using theater mode.
(if you were to go to my Recent Screenshots page on B-net, there would be nothing but random pictures of the sniper rifle lol)

The only metal parts on the whole thing are the screws and the spring for the bolt.

That's an amazing level of detail, complimented by an even more amazing paint job! Is that just regular spray paint? :O

No, I used extremely high quality model paint. It's a buffing metalizer that gives the surface an incredibly realistic metal look. It's pretty expensive, but I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants an very real metal-looking finish.
Pic0483.jpg

Yeah, sure you are. :)
This is just some fantastic progress. The amount of detail that is going to into it is quite impressive.
Great work sir!!

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back