Props L05T V1K1N6 SRS99 Reach Sniper Rifle (with WIP pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L05T V1K1N6

Well everyone, I've been away for awhile but I've been keeping busy. Today I am revealing something I've been covertly working on since December. I would like to point out, however, that I used LeeKegan's design as somewhat of a step-by-step guide (with permission, of course) and as a result it is nearly the same build. I did take a few bits of the design process in my own direction, but for the most part, like the Covenant, I was more imitative than innovative, and I relied heavily on Lee's advise for a lot of the steps. Thanks Lee!

So without further ado, here is the end result. Hope you enjoy.

Pic0641.jpg

Pic0642.jpg

Pic0643.jpg

Pic0644.jpg

Pic0646.jpg

Pic0648.jpg

Pic0652.jpg

Pic0645.jpg

WIP pictures to follow soon.

Edit: I just realized this was my 117th post :D

umm i think you skipped a few crutial steps after the first few pictures :/ lol very nice. i saw your name in the title and i was like "well this is going to be good"

OOOOH....WOW..... That is just is just out of this world. The amount of detail is great. You're skills in wood are some of the best I've seen. I am def. going to have save a image of this so I know what one of these is suppose to look like. (act. looks alot like some of the real 50's I held) Thanks for making my day with this build.

Looks awesome Lost Viking! I'm glad to see another build thread from you and am really looking forward to seeing the project in more detail.:D

I'd like to also mention how excellent your attention to detail is! As far as I know no one else has made an effort to make their sniper rifle rounds look like the 14.5x114mm sabot rounds that the UNSCDF use, great work! I noticed that in your gallery with the previous sniper rifle you did and have always wanted to mention it.;)

He could be??????? He is just as good as me or better in some ways. I would be proud to call him my son.

Thanks Lee LOL!

Looks awesome Lost Viking! I'm glad to see another build thread from you and am really looking forward to seeing the project in more detail.:D

I'd like to also mention how excellent your attention to detail is! As far as I know no one else has made an effort to make their sniper rifle rounds look like the 14.5x114mm sabot rounds that the UNSCDF use, great work! I noticed that in your gallery with the previous sniper rifle you did and have always wanted to mention it.;)

I actually used real .50 BMG casings and removed the rounds, then I turned out the APFSDS tips on a lathe and glued them together.
I really did want to make the 14.5x144mm APFSDS rounds just to add a little something extra to the gun and to show what a dedicated cannon Nazi I am lol.

"Linda took the task as seriously as a surgeon preparing for a heart transplant. She cleared a patch of rocky ground and laid out a camo mat so dust wouldn't foul her SRS99C-S2 AM rifle. Next she opened a kit that contained tools, bottles of cleaner and lubricant, several magazines for her rifle, a box of 14.5x114mm ammunition, and a tiny data pad. She selected one of the magazines and inspected it; satisfied, she opened the box of ammo and removed one of the rounds: superhardened red polymer petals surrounded a finned tungsten dart. She spun it around and looked at the cartridge base. Opposite the legend "51" it bore the winged hourglass headstamp flanked by "X"s - signifying that it was hand-loaded match-grade ammo from Misriah Armory on Mars."

-Halo: Ghosts of Onyx,
Eric Nylund

beutiful!
it looks like its made partly from wood am i wrong?
-c00lwhip

It's completely wood :D
(more wood, in fact, than any of my previous builds!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezus! This is like LeeKegan's work. This is incredibly well done and I hope we get to see more of your work!

Thanks everyone.

Here's some more WIP pics.

Pic0342.jpg

To make the round front grip, I turned out the profile with a piece of red fir on my lathe, then I cut it in half and glued it in place.

Pic0389.jpg

Pic0392.jpg

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics of how I made the magazine, but I made it the same way Lee made his (with the exclusion of springs).

Pic0403-1.jpg

Pic0392.jpg

Pic0400.jpg

Attachments

• Pic0392.jpg
    Pic0392.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 272
Holy stinking smokes. Seriously. No joke, this thing seriously blows my mind. I literally had to dig around under the couch to find my lower jaw. And it wont stay in place because I keep looking at the pictures. Wow. My brain has flatlined and I cant think of anything else to say is just wow. If you want a plastic copy or two of it made for you, let me know.

Holy stinking smokes. Seriously. No joke, this thing seriously blows my mind. I literally had to dig around under the couch to find my lower jaw. And it wont stay in place because I keep looking at the pictures. Wow. My brain has flatlined and I cant think of anything else to say is just wow. If you want a plastic copy or two of it made for you, let me know.

HAHAHA XDXDXD thanks Brandon! But this one I am definitely keeping for myself lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back