Props Project RayGun (Call of Duty- Zombies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I just thought id share one of my current projects.
I got my hands on a RayGun file and had to heavily modify it because whoever designed it, had some things wrong with it...
heres a few pics..
5606704495_1516448541.jpg
RaygunRENDER by dannifood4less, on Flickr
5607289182_23a1a9a5f9.jpg
RaygunRENDER.1 by dannifood4less, on Flickr
5606704601_4bfc4e38bc.jpg
RaygunRENDER2 by dannifood4less, on Flickr
Im in the process of cutting it up now for Pepakura. I have separated the main gun body, and a separate file for all the little parts. Also theres some details I have omitted purposely (like the switch and knob on the side, and the 3 metal lines on the side, and grip detail.
I might add those in the model later for scaling purposes, we shall see...

I was wondering however how some of you harden/strengthen these type of models. Fiberglassing the outside would be horrible, and the inside is obviously not able to be fiberglassed.. I just want it hard enough to make a mold of it then do my bondo, smoothing, ditail work on that then make another mold.. feedback is appreciated.

Usually what people do is put a thin coat of resin on the outside to "toughen" the build. After that is dry, most people use a "slushcast" mix of bondo with enough resin to thin it out and pour it into a small hole somewhere. Rotate and "slush" the mixture around so it fits in all the nooks and crannies inside the piece.
Detail. Paint. Finish.

also a slightly more risky form is to fill it with self curing foam. i don't know how to exactly do it but it should be in the stickeys somewhere.

Thats quite the project. It looks awesome also.

If you would be very kind would you plz be able to post your file.
I would be really intrested In building one of those.

Thanks

im actually scraping my file that is in the picture, there are too many things wrong with it, and i dont feel like re modeling more to fix it.
im currently waiting for a friend of mine to dig up an old file he ripped from world at war. It has 2 models, the normal model and the reloading model.
I do plan to release the .pdo once iI get that file, and get it all cut nicely. ill also be posting pics along the way in the first post as I get updates.

update, I have the game ripped file. My friend was a bugger and never gave it to me, so I figured out how to rip it for myself.
This file is horrible for pepakura, im currently working on it so its just the outer shell that you need in pepakura, im not the best 3d modeler in the world, (but not a novice either) so if anyone feels like they could do a decent job in fixing up this model to get it ready for pepakura id appreciate that alot.. just reply or shoot me an email. heres some pics of what I have done so far, and the original file ripped from world at war.
ripped file:
5630259365_9b56cd750c.jpg
ripped2 by dannifood4less, on Flickr
5630843004_6379b6b38a.jpg
ripped1 by dannifood4less, on Flickr
5630842988_758bf0f885.jpg
ripped by dannifood4less, on Flickr
5630259475_dba603c197.jpg
originial ripped by dannifood4less, on Flickr
getting ready for pepakura:
5630259375_a6469343fc.jpg
WIP by dannifood4less, on Flickr
5630259387_b3de070e3f.jpg
WIP2 by dannifood4less, on Flickr
5630259425_7a8dae1f8f.jpg
WIP3 by dannifood4less, on Flickr

It sucks that there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this, but I think you're doing a great job! Zombies is pretty much the only reason I play COD. I think I've only gotten the ray gun twice, but I loved it both times! Keep up the great work, I'm sure people will get interested once you release the pepakura model, if you choose to do that!

ive released a locked format so you can see it in pepakura viewer for now. i havnt had much time to work on unfolding the model yet (about half way)

I would love to make this :) and i would also like to make other wonder weps like winters howl and wonderwaffe,just a idea O_O.

Man! Congratulations, this is, by far, one of the best projects i've seen here in the 405th.

I justa have 1 problem, the .pdo file you've uploaded, it's kinda messed up. It's just 4 pages and a lot of random stuff, i dunno if my pc is the problem.

Anyway, great stuff here, keep the good work flowin'.

Do you have a good pep file so I can make one as well? The one you posted earlier seems a bit messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back