Custom Halo 3 ODST Paint up! *New Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubachris85x

Got my Sean Bradley helmet in today. Although I am not doing an ODST (Too big), I want to do something cool with it. I thought about making it an "accessory" helmet to my Master Chief, but having an OD green ODST helmet is kinda "blah" to me. Luckily the helmet fits me lol

005-55.jpg

Any suggestions?

Is it going with a green suit?
I like the black idea from before, but also maybe white? Or like a matte grey sort of colour With the same colour green as the suit for the highlights?

Is it going with a green suit?
I like the black idea from before, but also maybe white? Or like a matte grey sort of colour With the same colour green as the suit for the highlights?

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to make it useable with my suit as in if it'll match or look alright with master chief armor.

Hmm..I might like to play around with the darker colors, greys or even gun-metal

I'd go with gunmetal. DupliColor makes a kick-butt gunmetal metallic color that looks perfect.

id say go with a muted mustard yellow stripe, black or gunmetal base. if memory serves me, in the odst live action trailer the main character wore that color when he was in the main battle sequence. you should check it out on youtube

Guys, Chris is asking for recommendations for custom coloration, not necessarily reminders of the canon scheme. Regardless of detail work, if he's matching this helmet with (if not necessarily to) his Mjolnir, then he's not going for cinematic duplication.

Yeah, exactly, but it the recomendations would all have to be based on his suit, his personal prefferences and his ability.
Personally, as far as combinations go...
I have Orange with White Trim
but i also like...
white with red trim
Blue with White trim
Blue with Orange trim...

And i recomended vanity because then he can test out the colour schemes...

Guys, Chris is asking for recommendations for custom coloration, not necessarily reminders of the canon scheme. Regardless of detail work, if he's matching this helmet with (if not necessarily to) his Mjolnir, then he's not going for cinematic duplication.

this is true. Im thinking about using the base gunmetal colors of a standard ODST, however, I want to customize it. I might do the stripe on the helmet, if I do it's going to be a dark blue. I want to add some decals to it, like on the rear, have like devil/demon style wings, some grunt/elite kill tallies, and probably a decal (I saw this pictur) of a toon style master chief punting a grunt.

Just my ideas in my head at the moment.

well if you want it to work with your armor set but dont like the od green as the base then you could always do a black/gunmetal base color with od green accents

well if you want it to work with your armor set but dont like the od green as the base then you could always do a black/gunmetal base color with od green accents

That is true. Hmmm I'd probably go with that gun metal base, OD green accents and a blue stripe. I'd like to make it sorta like my multiplayer character (I haven't changed the design of my emblem) which is a shield with the skull and crown, whit skull, light grey crown and blue shield.

Getting better ideas, thanks!!

For the kill tallies, they might look cool on that round part at the back that sits just above your neck (Did that description make any sense?).
Ahhh, decals, yes!
The punting chief idea sounds pretty awesome.
Skulls are cool, but very cliche. Plus every man and his dog is doing an Emile helmet, so it might get lost in the crowd.
One thing i thought maybe, Since your doing green accents, is like Vines all over the enitre helmet, underneath any other decals that may go on there. But not like the nice neat swirly vines, like nasty thorny ones...

I had an example, but photo bucket is down =(

How about trying out a camo pattern like the in game ODSTs had in ODST, but use metallic colors for the pattern... if you dont like it I may try this myself, I think it would look interesting. You could call it "Industrial Camouflage" lol

As a matter of fact, Ill do my whole ODST in this pattern. Thanks for a place to come up with ideas Chris!

Thanks guys!

Yea, I'm starting to like the ideas floating around.

How about an OD Green base helmet w/ blue stripe and gunmetal accents?

Jabenbentz, good idea, but I feel that's a little too decorative? Not quite sure if that's the word I'm looking for. It's a neat idea, but I want something that'll feel "practical" in a sense of being that one can paint in a warzone? IDK if that really explains it well. I like the idea for the kill tally placement.

I'll see if I can get some drafts made up with the color variations

Yeah, like, a little too complicated. i get it.
Personally, i like Arioch's idea about the urban camo/industrial camo. That might be interesting.

Here's my crappy MS Paint sketch of my rough idea for base colors. Emblem placement might change to somewhere on the back though

odstscheme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back