Custom Halo 3 ODST Paint up! *New Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Don't want to do anything over the top but something simplistic. My Reach character (just noticed this last night) is OD green and I put the ODST helmet on him and sure enough, has the same gun metal highlights I want!

So today, after having to buy a new dremel, I finally was able to finish clearing the visor area. The visor placement is going to be tricky though, as I'd like to make it sit as flush as possible. On top of that, Sean reccomended a spray tinting (which I further researched) that has amazing results which I'd like to use on my visor to darken it up.

007-1.jpg

The motorcycle helmet liner I initially was going to use for my masterchief helmet has now been re-purposed for this helmet. It's litterally a perfect fit, and feels incredibly comfortable when wearing the helmet

008-1.jpg

"it's so ugly under the helmet...!"

010-1.jpg

-TC

Tinted the visor today. Was getting a little worried. I sprayed the inside of it to retain the shine on the outside. A little bit of pooling a the top of the visor, but only noticable from the inside. Much darker and much more like it!

008-37.jpg

009-24.jpg

-TC

I like it :)
How come nobody ever tried to make them silver like the in game helmets? (I suppose that doesnt include reach as you can have a whole array of visor colours...and come to think about it the spartans in halo 3 have gold)

I like it :)
How come nobody ever tried to make them silver like the in game helmets? (I suppose that doesnt include reach as you can have a whole array of visor colours...and come to think about it the spartans in halo 3 have gold)

100_2626.jpg

lol but that's the silver coat over the black base coat.

Don't have any other progress shots of the helmet paint up, but the main paintjob is pretty much done. I already did the entire helmet in OD green, masked and painted selected sections in black and just applied the gun metal which is drying now. All that is left is to add the blue stripe across the top of the helmet, add my emblem and weather it.

As for the visor, I'm trying to figure out a way to remove the tinting spray I applied without ruining the visor itself to determine if it's still salvageable...

More pics to come..

Here is the helmet as of now. Practically finished as far as the main paint job. I am still determining how and what emblems are going to go on and the best method to do so. I'm going to weather it as well, but I'd like to wait until after I add the emblems to make it look more like it's been painted on

I want to add my actual in-game emblem, as well as the Marathon logo, bungie emblem and possibly kill stripes or maybe some of the kill streak emblems, like killionaire

Here are some pics..

100_2628.jpg

100_2629.jpg

100_2630.jpg

lmk what you all think!

-TC

That is a very nice colour scheme! Personally I would spray Tamiya Smoke on it to dull down the colour. Give it a less stand out and more tactical dull look if you know what I mean.

You're definitely on the right track!

That is a very nice colour scheme! Personally I would spray Tamiya Smoke on it to dull down the colour. Give it a less stand out and more tactical dull look if you know what I mean.

You're definitely on the right track!

Thanks! I am planning to dull coat everything but I'm waiting to get the emblems I want on there so im not trying to attach it to the protective coating.

As a small update, I'm slowly but surely able to salveage the visor. I discovered that soakingit in rubbing alcohol will eat away the tinting spray but I have to scratch it off. It's not ruining the actual visor though. I'm also debating if I want to go and try a gold spray for it after clean it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back