Republic Commando Armor Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay reachforit here, so I like starwars(not as much as halo though). Anyway I like mando's, rc'c, arc's,etc. Anyway for the past couple of days i've been researching armor files for the rc ,all I can find are the forearms, chest/cod, and backpack http://cid-46220caca17650df.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public/OnlineModels/CLONE, and a better helmet than the one floating around http://www.4shared.com/get/xtwSBERJ/RepublicCommandoHDunfoldHardin.html, but i've recently acquired a rc model from nintendude(who got it from someone else). Here's the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FSMSAPZ7
2cogznk.jpg

Okay so lets cut to the chase i've collected the files i've found from around the web I DID NOT MAKE THESE , anyway anyone kind enough if you would please use the player model to make the rest of the armor not just for me ,but the for the whole armor building community ;). In other words I need you to unfold these into individual pieces. So now we need: Biceps, Shoulders, Thighs, Shins, Boots, those things on the top of the hand.

Alright I appreciate everyone listening to me ramble on :), I know people can get them from skip but not many people want to pay for pepakura files. I know I'm awakening an old giant but somebodys gotta make these, in fact i would if i knew how to I would -Sincerely Reachforit

P.S: Since i can't make threads in the noob forum, i hope i'm in the right place ;) lol

Looks like you found the same files I did. Ill have some time for this soon. If no one has done it by then, Ill do it.

ok sorry for the double, but i had a flash of genius i goin to disney world with my fam but i'm going during starwars week....so how cool would it be if i showed up in rc gear. The only bad thing is its in 4-5 weeks from now :( so if anyone has any freetime soon would they develop the files from the model

you lucky one -
do you know the http://www.501st.com/ ???
If you are a member of them, you sometimes don`t have to pay for all the entrencecards...

last year I also went to the star wars weekends in florida - there were many cool armored guys of that groop!

I almost forgot about this! Sorry! Pm me what files you are missing and Ill see if I can get to them this weekend.

Hey Mate,
urg, just registerd to give you those files :D
I have unfolded the Helm and seperated the other parts, I will do they tomorrow maybe.
I need your email so you can upload them.

EDIT: I got the lower legs too. Btw, this is one of my first unfolds, so there may be some mistakes.. I printed the Helmet already out! I will do pics when I builded it.

I've separated most of the parts out... If you give me a day or 2, I'll dig them up and put them here for unfolding.

Hey, maybe you can tell me what you do and what I did, so we don't make the same work?
I made so far the
helmet
neckseal
lower legs
and maybe the knees

Gauntlets and Torso are not necisarry, because there are already 2 really really good.
You finish the arms and I finish the legs? Oh, and maybe my parts need a little work from a pro :)

EDIT: I already seperated the parts, there is no need to do it again.

There is a thread for this in the 3D area that should have a link to the suit files broken down. But hopefully Fett can just share what he has done, the old RC thread should be unlocked though but I've been really busy.

i made the helmt and the thorso - both files are very good and i´m looking forward to see the rest of your files!!!

one noobie question: what programm do you use to create the parts?

thank you in advance

I don't believe blender is capable of ripping... I know it is good for modeling though. Ok, found my model buried in some folders.... I'll clean it up and post it here in a day or 2. I have plans to model a higher-poly suit, using these rips as a base, but not idea when I'll have time to do that. I started work on a helmet, but I found some serious flaws near the chin and near the dome.

Nope, with Blender you can't rip files.
Here are some helmet of the helmet in real so far :)

Wait, where can I upload it? I dont see ay opinion to upload it directly in this forum? :(

No Blender is not able to rip don't even think about it. The main two programs out there for 3D Ripping are 3DRipperDX and 3D VIA Printscreen, with 3DRipperDX you need to run the program in Direct X 8 you can do this by either having only DX8 on your PC or changing the properties of the program before you open it. There are tutorials on how to do this. Now once you rip the model most of the time it's a PSK file, which Milkshape can open the file. Sometimes it's another format of file that depends on the maker of the game. But Milkshape can open whatever file you rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back