PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I was also planning on going to PAX but waited too long to buy tickets. I'm trying to get a hold of a pass but if anyone knows members with extra passes any help will be appreciated. I was at Sakuracon this year in my armor with a marine and loved taking pictures/answering armor questions and finding other 405th members. Hearing about how big this group plans to be makes me even more desperate to find tickets.

I'm not even going to PAX and I'm super excited for you guys! I can't wait to see what you guys do, and hopefully pull off the panel and show off your awesome Halo armors to everyone!

I so wish I were going with my newly finished suit....*cries* :(

Alright it’s 100% I will be at Pax , found the ticket …if I’d known about it sooner and not waited to buy a ticket it wouldn’t have cost me a small fortune…
Very excited to be there and participating in the event, cannot wait for it !!
More good news if nothing major comes up this summer I adjusted my schedule to allot more time for my build and that should guarantee that this Spartan will be joining your ranks !!!!
Again living somewhat nearby there's anything I can do to help let me know :D

I haven't checked the first page in a while....(gos to check first page)...Im game for the photoshoot as well as the 343 pictures thing too.If I can get there on thursday that is:/

As for what could be cooler than a puma?.....Full size non-fuctioning Falcon maybe? :O (speculation)

the puma is a reference to red vs blue season 1 where they argue that the warthog looks less like a large pig/warthog and more like a giant cat, like a puma.

I haven't checked the first page in a while....(gos to check first page)...Im game for the photoshoot as well as the 343 pictures thing too.If I can get there on thursday that is:/

As for what could be cooler than a puma?.....Full size non-fuctioning Falcon maybe? :O (speculation)

Excellent.
FYI: Thursday is the tentative photo shoot with Hyo. The Friday photos is for.... well Friday. :) This too is tentative pending approval from BSangel.
Add you to the Friday photos. I'll let Hyo decide who the possible extra Spartans will be. It's possible we might do some group shoots will ALL of us. (idea?)

Alright it’s 100% I will be at Pax , found the ticket …if I’d known about it sooner and not waited to buy a ticket it wouldn’t have cost me a small fortune…
Very excited to be there and participating in the event, cannot wait for it !!
More good news if nothing major comes up this summer I adjusted my schedule to allot more time for my build and that should guarantee that this Spartan will be joining your ranks !!!!
Again living somewhat nearby there's anything I can do to help let me know :D

Small fortune... ouch!
Glad your onboard Spartan, and for finding your ticket. Hmmm the reminds me I need to find my passport! :p

I was able to find a friday pass, so I'll be there! And I'd love to participate in the shoot on friday

I'll add you to the tentative Friday evening Halo fan interation and photos. Glad to have another Spartan onboard!

1st page has been updated with more Spartans! :)

Excellent.
FYI: Thursday is the tentative photo shoot with Hyo. The Friday photos is for.... well Friday. :) This too is tentative pending approval from BSangel.
Add you to the Friday photos. I'll let Hyo decide who the possible extra Spartans will be. It's possible we might do some group shoots will ALL of us. (idea?)
Yeah, whoever wants in, sure.

You guys are making me seriously contemplate driving down Thursday for a bit, then coming back down again Friday morning for the rest of the weekend.

You have plenty of time to contemplate. If I were to guess as to your decision, it would be the following:

VROOOOOOOOOM!

That would be my choice for sure.

GAAH
This is what happens when you only read the last page of a thread after forgetting about it for a week.

I like the Panel idea and would be happy to help with it. I can do some presenting if necessary, and while I'm not a fan of speaking to large numbers of people, when Its about something I'm interested in I do fine. Luckily I'm a bit interested in armormaking and halo.

Longshot, I'd be happy to pose with people on Friday evening, of course this depends on suit completion. Count me in for the Thursday photoshoot as well.

Another thing we need to nail down is a daily 405th broadcast team. They will be in charge of providing the general populous of the forum with a wide array of videos, pictures and blog entries of the events. Ideally there would be several members who each day would post a summary of the day from their perspective, a collective 5-10 minute video of halofest and General PAX, and a good stack of photos.This event is too big a deal not to share with the rest of the 405th.

I'm happy to head this up, but I'll need help, and lots of it.

In other news, I've decided to build my armor in the style as seen in the halo anniversary trailer, the helmet will be made with a halo reach pep file and I've already started it.

GAAH
This is what happens when you only read the last page of a thread after forgetting about it for a week.

I like the Panel idea and would be happy to help with it. I can do some presenting if necessary, and while I'm not a fan of speaking to large numbers of people, when Its about something I'm interested in I do fine. Luckily I'm a bit interested in armormaking and halo.

Longshot, I'd be happy to pose with people on Friday evening, of course this depends on suit completion. Count me in for the Thursday photoshoot as well.

Another thing we need to nail down is a daily 405th broadcast team. They will be in charge of providing the general populous of the forum with a wide array of videos, pictures and blog entries of the events. Ideally there would be several members who each day would post a summary of the day from their perspective, a collective 5-10 minute video of halofest and General PAX, and a good stack of photos.This event is too big a deal not to share with the rest of the 405th.

I'm happy to head this up, but I'll need help, and lots of it.

In other news, I've decided to build my armor in the style as seen in the halo anniversary trailer, the helmet will be made with a halo reach pep file and I've already started it.

Dude! I agree with everything you said. Time permitting, lets DO IT!

Edit:
Sorry, I will need first and last names, and email of people wishing to HOST the panel with me.... Other people signed up are still signed up to do it, but I need info for people wanting to HOST it with me (ie, do the talking, introductions, etc part of the panel). I can have up to 5... And so far I have myself and my bf.
Please pm me your info if you wish to HOST the panel. You have until July 18th.

Quick, everyone who's doing the panel with me, please pm me your first and last name, and email... I need them within the next couple hours!! ASAP!!
(Sorry, I didn't know before hand I needed this info...)

PM has been sent. :)

I’m completely fine talking in front of large groups of people and would have no trouble or concerns. Also will be available on Thursday to participate or just help with the photo shoot
Edit:
Sorry, I will need first and last names, and email of people wishing to HOST the panel with me.... Other people signed up are still signed up to do it, but I need info for people wanting to HOST it with me (ie, do the talking, introductions, etc part of the panel). I can have up to 5... And so far I have myself and my bf.
Please pm me your info if you wish to HOST the panel. You have until July 18th.
When I get a second I’ll send over the info you need for the panel and also include my notes and ideas I have just to see what you think. Talk later

I'd like to start organizing the broadcast team now so we have a good organized footing to start off with.

My friend will be bringing a video camera, but if anybody else would like to contribute in filming it would be great. The same goes for Photographers.

I will be bringing a computer so I can contribute to the blog, and edit video if necessary. If you are/can bring(ing) a computer to PAX and want to aid in this media effort, post to show your interest. (Perhaps Longshot could create a section on the front page for the 405th broadcast team members.)

We will want to have many different accounts of our days at PAX so anyone who wants to write a daily Blog entry is welcome on our media team, we can either do this by using the blog feature of the website or on a special thread.

If anyone has any ideas on how to improve our coverage I'd be happy to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back