PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just after 2 PM CST, 21 days after early registration tickets went on sale for an event that isn't for another 3 months from now, and just like that, the $60 3 Day Passes are sold out...

Now the only option is day passes at $35 each, total of $105... meaning if you didn't procrastinate you saved yourself $45...

Anyone want to tell me this isn't going to be a crazy event...

OMG I bought my ticket at 1:00 a.m. central time.Dude I saw your post and had to go change my underwear.Sorry for all those that didn't get a pass in time. :(

I claim floor LOL.Thanks for lettin me in.The reason why I need to share a room really bad is because im 17 I can drive a car,I can get into the con,but I can't buy a room XD.Ill pay for my share of the room.ANYWAY im pretty much doing a run of AR this summers and I need some of the ARs for a project so I can bring about five extras for you people who have to go through customs if you need me too.As for my costume started on a custom green halo reach spartan a month ago,so thats three spartans hopefully.XD

I believe that i have you assigned to room #2.

It's just after 2 PM CST, 21 days after early registration tickets went on sale for an event that isn't for another 3 months from now, and just like that, the $60 3 Day Passes are sold out...

Now the only option is day passes at $35 each, total of $105... meaning if you didn't procrastinate you saved yourself $45...

Anyone want to tell me this isn't going to be a crazy event...

I have a feeling that it will be an AMAZINGLY Crazy event!

If anyone else has rooms and are looking to share, feel free to post here.
If your going and don't have a room, feel free to post here.

I'll add the requests to the 1st post so that it's all together.

1st Post has been re-edited and updated.

Cheers!

I bought my greyhound ticket and ill be getting in seatlle at 7:00a.m.on friday or something.Im gona walk to the hotel (a few blocks luckly enough :) ).Drop my stuff off armor up then go to the con.So ill need somebody to let me in friday morning.And once again THANK YOU Longshot for letting me stay with you guys(I am prepared to pay my cut).THANK YOU

I bought my greyhound ticket and ill be getting in seatlle at 7:00a.m.on friday or something.Im gona walk to the hotel (a few blocks luckly enough :) ).Drop my stuff off armor up then go to the con.So ill need somebody to let me in friday morning.And once again THANK YOU Longshot for letting me stay with you guys(I am prepared to pay my cut).THANK YOU

So it will be a bit after 7:00am (morning) before we see ya. That should work out ok, as I believe we will all be up and marching around by then. You should be able to pick up your room key at the front desk. I do have to register everyones First name and Last name with the hotel. I'll be asking for 1st and Last names when we get with in 30 days or so of the event. So you should be getting a key (card) for yourself. FYI: It works out to $57.00 a nite.

Cheers!

OK double post! Update and a Special anouncement.

UPDATE:

Both of the hotel rooms that I group booked are now full (8 people)

I am hearing chatter out there on "the grid" that there are a few other 405th'rs trying to book rooms next to ours. Kudo's if the hotel can manage that. Should the hotel (Crowne Plaza) need a hint, our 2 rooms are group booked under the following name: 405th

Special Anouncement:

I am thrilled to anounce that our Excitement Factor is being bumped up by 2 notches.

Adam, 405th.com owner and Uber Admin is attending! :D
--and--
Walter "Spase", 405th Uber Admin is also attending! :D

Welcome Adam and Walter to what should be the most fun filled Halo party in our corner of the universe!

HHmmmmm... This pretty much makes our Hotel the offical 405th HQ for the duration of the event.

1st Post in this thread has been updated.

Cheers!

It looks like I won't be able to attend. :( My husband and I would not be able to afford the cost of staying in a hotel, even if we DID manage to get someone to take us along with them. Plus there is another convention here in michigan that occurs ON the day of his b-day and we are gonna need money for that. After he became aware that Bruce Campbell will be there, he said he has to go now. XD

I REALLY want to be there for HaloFest, but there is no way we can afford the cost. I would LOVE to be with other 405ther's with my Kat costume, but it would take a miracle for us to afford to go. :( *cries*

It looks like I won't be able to attend. :( My husband and I would not be able to afford the cost of staying in a hotel, even if we DID manage to get someone to take us along with them. Plus there is another convention here in michigan that occurs ON the day of his b-day and we are gonna need money for that. After he became aware that Bruce Campbell will be there, he said he has to go now. XD

I REALLY want to be there for HaloFest, but there is no way we can afford the cost. I would LOVE to be with other 405ther's with my Kat costume, but it would take a miracle for us to afford to go. :( *cries*

I'm sorry that you can't make it. I totally understand the costs and that attending does cost $'s. We will miss you but not forget you! We will make sure to take lots of pics and share them so that you can at least feel that you were with us.

Thanks for updating us on your attendence.

There is always next year and the years to come.

Cheers!

Updated 1st post to reflect the changes.

ROK Gmoney (spartan) +1 (spartan)
Hyokenseisou (possibly in armor)
Lol Gmoney's my bf and the "+1 spartan" would be me. XD
And at this rate, I'm WAYYY more likely to have my armor completed than him.. He only has one thigh built and only like 3 other parts printed. Where as I have everything but the torso printed (needs to be unfolded...) and cut out, and almost both legs constructed and have at least one layer of resin on.
And I only say 'maybe in armor' cause I don't want to get my hopes up high and have something happen and not finish it in time. lol Though I'm 99% certain I'll be able to.
Just saying. XD

I'm sorry that you can't make it. I totally understand the costs and that attending does cost $'s. We will miss you but not forget you! We will make sure to take lots of pics and share them so that you can at least feel that you were with us.

Thanks for updating us on your attendence.

There is always next year and the years to come.

Cheers!

Yeah, but it won't be HaloFest. :(

Maybe someone can bring me back something and send it to me? XD haha

I step away from my computer for a day and look what happens :p

I never thought I'd be sharing a room with 3 of the best suits ever made, which makes me even more motivated to pump out a good suit. Glad to see Adam and Spase are coming, things are getting more awesome every second.

Sucks that Halogoddess can't come. For all those that who can't make it, I'll be bringing a halo CTF flag in the hopes I can get it signed by 343 (and bungie if they are there). I will then hold a draw along with any extra swag for those who couldn't go. I also hope to film a daily recap video so people can get a sense of what PAX is like.

In other news, my friend just gave me a PC that can just barely run pepakura so ill be starting my MK V helmet this week. It'll be the only part made from fiberglass in my whole suit.

Sound's great that your able to run the pep program... It will help you out alot.

FYI: I am still waiting on a 100% confirmation from Adam. Having said that, I'm taking the assumption that he will attend. It is "HaloFest" after all. <grin>

I have a feeling that were all going to see some "Best Ever" suits and props.

I'm bringing my HD camcorder and notebook (video storage). Hoping to capture the excitement of PAX PRIME and share it with the rest of the 405th. Hmmmm... Chief running around with a handheld camcorder capturing the AWESOMENESS of the events.

Cheers!

Lol Gmoney's my bf and the "+1 spartan" would be me. XD
And at this rate, I'm WAYYY more likely to have my armor completed than him.. He only has one thigh built and only like 3 other parts printed. Where as I have everything but the torso printed (needs to be unfolded...) and cut out, and almost both legs constructed and have at least one layer of resin on.
And I only say 'maybe in armor' cause I don't want to get my hopes up high and have something happen and not finish it in time. lol Though I'm 99% certain I'll be able to.
Just saying. XD

Thanks for the clarification. I'll update the 1st post to reflect the update.
Good luck with getting it done in time! I know cause I've been there and done that. It is a lot of work.

:)

Obvious request is obvious: At some point during PAX, it'd be really great to get a photoshoot done with all the suits.

I could not agree more! In fact i think that the more shoots we get the better!
We just need to figure out a time and a place and then do it! I don't think anyone here would disagree.
I love having my pics taken! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back