PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not agree more! In fact i think that the more shoots we get the better!
We just need to figure out a time and a place and then do it! I don't think anyone here would disagree.
I love having my pics taken! ;)
lol I too love my picture being taken while in costume. XD
It's funny though, because I HATE my picture being taken, but as soon as I'm in costume, I'm a total camera whore. XD

Edit: Linhabit, we'll be there sometime Thursday as well, wanna maybe do a photoshoot? I dun has a fancy camera (just a standard) or anything, but I have a very good eye for makes a good shot.

lol I too love my picture being taken while in costume. XD
It's funny though, because I HATE my picture being taken, but as soon as I'm in costume, I'm a total camera whore. XD

Edit: Linhabit, we'll be there sometime Thursday as well, wanna maybe do a photoshoot? I dun has a fancy camera (just a standard) or anything, but I have a very good eye for makes a good shot.

A Photoshoot would be Fantastic! Count me in. I'm sure that there will be others who will want to be in on this. I'll let them decide.

A Photoshoot would be Fantastic! Count me in. I'm sure that there will be others who will want to be in on this. I'll let them decide.
Yeah sure, but I think I'll only tentatively accept 3 persons to shoot with (you being one). Maybe make note of that on the first page? Would depend on how much time I have thursday or who's all there Thursday. Might do it throughout the rest of the weekend, but we'll see.

Also, just curious, how flexible are you in that suit?
Reason I ask is cause I wanna maybe recreate some of the poses I took of one of my statues: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150546663570403.647317.814300402&l=292424cf3b (it's in there somewhere, look for them lol)
I'd like to think they're pretty epic poses, so yeah. Maybe if your suit allows for it, do some of that.

Yeah sure, but I think I'll only tentatively accept 3 persons to shoot with (you being one). Maybe make note of that on the first page? Would depend on how much time I have thursday or who's all there Thursday. Might do it throughout the rest of the weekend, but we'll see.

Also, just curious, how flexible are you in that suit?
Reason I ask is cause I wanna maybe recreate some of the poses I took of one of my statues: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150546663570403.647317.814300402&l=292424cf3b (it's in there somewhere, look for them lol)
I'd like to think they're pretty epic poses, so yeah. Maybe if your suit allows for it, do some of that.

I had a look at those statue poses (of the Chief)... Yes I think I can do those. I'm quite flexible from the waist and down. The problem areas are trying to get my arms across my chest and my arms straigt up. Other than that the rest of my mobility is quite good.

I'll add the photo shoot to the 1st page.

Yeah, it was mainly from waist down that was my concern. I know my friend's suit, makes him walk like a robot. He'd be soooo effed if zombies were chasing him, he can barely walk let alone run/squat/sit/anything. lol

Yeah, it was mainly from waist down that was my concern. I know my friend's suit, makes him walk like a robot. He'd be soooo effed if zombies were chasing him, he can barely walk let alone run/squat/sit/anything. lol

LOL that's quite funny. I hear stories like that from a lot of people who made Sparan Armor. I deliberatly made mine with mobility in mind. In fact I can drive my 4x4 while fully suited with very few issues. ---and--- its a stick shift too! :) Waist down is not a problem.

:)

lol yeah well my friend technically 'cheated'. You know that original MC 'life size' (not really, but big) statue in Game Stops/EB Games when Halo first came out? My friend and his friend took molds directly off of that statue and recasted parts from that. And since he's a small-ish dude, he can fit in the parts. So yeah, it technically wasn't designed for his body, ergo the complete lack of mobility.

You drive in it sometimes? Nice!!

You drive in it sometimes? Nice!!

Yup. Its not great for comfort but yes... it sure beats getting changed on location. It's quite entertaining when I drive at night with the suits light still on.

I recall one person saying to a friend of mine the following:

Person: "Hey! That guy is driving with lights on, on the inside of his vehicle. Those lights are on him and not the regular interior lights"

Friend: <boring tone in his voice> "Oh yea. That's Kevin. He's our computer techincan. He's dressed up as Master Chief. He does that every now and then."

Person: "Master Chief! OMG is that the guy that stole the show from the Candle Light Parade and got his picture in some of the newspapers?"

Friend: "Yup that's him."

Person: "You work with him? Holy Cr*p. Your lucky!"

I just can't forget that. Simply driving while wearing the suit creates smiles and buzz. Love it!

I know there's a pretty good spot just outside the main hall that we did a photoshoot at last year. We took some pictures climbed up playing around the rocks as well, but i can't find those anywhere, plus I didn't take the pictures.
th_4970415644_3e7bf11692_b.jpg

Frak it. I wanted to come. When else is something this Halo-oriented going to happen? Too much distance, too much money that I don't have. T.T Besides, most of the tickets are sold out anyway.. sigh. I wish I could meet all you guys!

I'M GOING!!! First time going to PAX, I'm so excited! No suit, though :( But I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's costumes, so that will be fun :) Especially yours, LongShot-X!!

(btw, spending the first part of the week in Vancouver B.C. for 15 year wedding anniversary)

I know there's a pretty good spot just outside the main hall that we did a photoshoot at last year. We took some pictures climbed up playing around the rocks as well, but i can't find those anywhere, plus I didn't take the pictures.
th_4970415644_3e7bf11692_b.jpg

That looks like a great spot to take photos. I like it. Thanks for sharing. Only concern that I have is that my suit does not like rain. So hopefully the weather will be kind. Otherwise lets do it!

Frak it. I wanted to come. When else is something this Halo-oriented going to happen? Too much distance, too much money that I don't have. T.T Besides, most of the tickets are sold out anyway.. sigh. I wish I could meet all you guys!

Wish that you could but we all do understand that distance and $$$ is a huge factor for attending. Would have loved to meet up with you too!
Not sure when the next HUGE Halo event will happen. We would have to wait on 343i for the next one.
We will miss you but not forget you.

linhabit? Wow... Way to fail with auto correct phone...
Lol I meant Longshot, obviously.

I know exactly how you feel on that. My iPhone does the same thing.

Can't wait for PAX...then I realises its like 3 months away ):

I can't wait either. 3 months is not that long. Need the time to get my @$$ going on the iphone forearm mount and my gravity hammer.

I'M GOING!!! First time going to PAX, I'm so excited! No suit, though :( But I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's costumes, so that will be fun :) Especially yours, LongShot-X!!

(btw, spending the first part of the week in Vancouver B.C. for 15 year wedding anniversary)

It's my 1st time too and just as EXCITED!
What no suit?!?! What about your Samus Aran Helm? Joking :p
I'm sure that we would all be happy to meet with you and show off our suits and share ideas and experiences.
Congrats on your up comming 15y anni.

Cheers!

PS: Go Canucks! Go!

img00022205.jpg

lolol nice, you're making an iphone forearm attachment too? And here I thought I was being all original and thinking of that shiat. XD
I was thinking about bringing my grav hammer, but then I thought "7 foot hammer on plane..... yeah no....." So things like grav hammer and sniper rifle will have to stay to at my more local cons.

lolol nice, you're making an iphone forearm attachment too? And here I thought I was being all original and thinking of that shiat. XD
I was thinking about bringing my grav hammer, but then I thought "7 foot hammer on plane..... yeah no....." So things like grav hammer and sniper rifle will have to stay to at my more local cons.

I've wanted to do the forearm attachment since Reach came out. It's way more accessable on the forearm than in my belt pouch on my hip. XD
I'm hoping to make my Grav hammer in such a manner that it can be dissassembled and reassembled as needed. In fact it will have to come apart so that I can get at the lights and batteries on the inside. Yup it's going to light up just like my suit.

:)

lol that's what I figured too. Because really, the main thing I have with me on all times is my phone. And I really don't want to carry that around with me. Are you sporting a 3 or 4?

Haha, my hammer will light up too. But won't come apart in pieces, took lazy for that.

Its an iPhone 3GS I use it to play mp3's on the suits audio sytem, answer the phone, and it acts as my PA system via helm mic.

Sounds like we have similar ideas for our hammers. :)

I've been trying to figure out how to get my iPhone to play mp3s and use it as a PA system for months now. How exactly did you wire it up to work like that?

I've been trying to figure out how to get my iPhone to play mp3s and use it as a PA system for months now. How exactly did you wire it up to work like that?

I had to do some creative wiring and soldering. Basically I downloaded a "megaphone" app. Purchased a car audio aux line out with attached mic (by Griffin if I recall correctly). This plugs into the headphone jack of the iphone. I modified that audio cable with a female headphone connector so that the audio signal goes to my torso's speaker system. As for mp3's I use the built in iTunes app on the iPhone. Works great. I'll have to post some pics of how I did this at a later time. The hardest part was trying to get that cable. I think it cost me $45.00. not cheap but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back