PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm desperately trying to arrange to go. If there are any availabilities for shared rooms or anyone who has extra tickets, please contact me ASAP. The single day event badges are now only available for Friday and Sunday, Saturday is completely sold out. >.< !

All the rooms at the Crowne Plaza are now sold out too. I can still get a package deal with the airfare and a nearby hotel room at a pretty affordable price, but I can't comitt to it if I can't scare up a ticket to get in to all three days.

It's only been 10 days since HaloFest was announced, and PAX is already almost booked to capacity. I really wish that they had dropped the announcement a little earlier so we could have as many people there in costume as possible.

BTW, if I can get myself a ticket, I'm coming with all my bells and whistles.. new costume to show off, energy swords and spare props a plenty.

Please contact me if you can help.

*Fingers crossed*

Dunno if this counts as help.... But when I went in 2009, all tickets were sold out asap, just like this year.... But day of, since there were SOOOO many people still wanting to go, they sold another 1000 or so tickets AT the convention... Wonder if they'll do that again this year?....
Post on the PAX forums and ask around if anyone has a spare ticket to sell you, while I'll talk to my friends at Insomniac Games and see if I can do anything on my end... Also will talk to my buddy about maybe letting you share our room.
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

I'm desperately trying to arrange to go. If there are any availabilities for shared rooms or anyone who has extra tickets, please contact me ASAP. The single day event badges are now only available for Friday and Sunday, Saturday is completely sold out. >.< !

All the rooms at the Crowne Plaza are now sold out too. I can still get a package deal with the airfare and a nearby hotel room at a pretty affordable price, but I can't comitt to it if I can't scare up a ticket to get in to all three days.

It's only been 10 days since HaloFest was announced, and PAX is already almost booked to capacity. I really wish that they had dropped the announcement a little earlier so we could have as many people there in costume as possible.

BTW, if I can get myself a ticket, I'm coming with all my bells and whistles.. new costume to show off, energy swords and spare props a plenty.

Please contact me if you can help.

*Fingers crossed*

Welcome aboard Sean! I am very excited to have someone of your calibre *hopefully* joining us for this huge event.
I can see from the prev post that Hyokenseisou may have your room sharing worked out. Knowing now as to how many of us are going, I wish that I had booked more than 2 rooms. :(
You can PM DaSlacker and ask if he still has a 3 day pass available.

Wow... I have a feeling that this is going to be the biggest get together that the 405th has ever had. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Dunno if this counts as help.... But when I went in 2009, all tickets were sold out asap, just like this year.... But day of, since there were SOOOO many people still wanting to go, they sold another 1000 or so tickets AT the convention... Wonder if they'll do that again this year?....
Post on the PAX forums and ask around if anyone has a spare ticket to sell you, while I'll talk to my friends at Insomniac Games and see if I can do anything on my end... Also will talk to my buddy about maybe letting you share our room.
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Thanks for helping Sean out. Hopefully he can attend. When we have confirmation that he has the passes and a place to stay, I'll add him to the list of attendee's. In the mean time, I'll lurk around the PAX forums and see what I can find for 3 day passes.

I can feel the excitment already,
Cheers!

I sent him a pm that there is room for him in our room. Now the only thing to worry about is a pass for him. I suggested a couple things: ebay, post and ask on the pax forums, buy fri&sun day of an get sat day of pass AT the con, or get fri&sun pass and coordinate with me to borrow my pass to see whatever panels he wants on sat.
So in reality, it's quite possible for him to come, the BIGGEST thing is how much is he willing to spend on tickets?
Because the way I see it, the range of ticket costs with all the different options, it'll vary between $70-$250...

Sadly my extra tickets been picked up already and as much as I hate to say it, since I really dislike the people that bought tickets just to make a bunch of money off them, ebay is the best bet to guarantee tickets at this point.

I know you guys have surely already heard this, but I SO wish I could come! :D

I can tell this is going to be an awesome event, and it would be so much fun to be part of a group of Spartans!

Sadly, I just can't see myself making it to something like this on the West coast. It's just too far to travel, especially with a full Mjolnir suit, and it's too expensive for me now. Not that it matters anymore, what with the tickets selling out...

Have tons of fun guys! Get lots of goodies for us, and take LOTS of pictures! :cool

I've just started converting the MK V helmet file. Thanks to longshot I already have the rest of the suit ready for foam. I'll be working on the helmet tonight while watching the Canucks beat San Jose. Can't wait to have this suit done, I'd feel naked at PAX without it.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm still searching for tickets. Please let me know if anyone has a change of plans and can part with either a 3 day or saturday pass. I may go with the package airfare and hotel that my wife has found for me. I likely won't purchase it through until I know for sure.

I'm not opposed to paying over face value for them, but I'd prefer to not support that kind of behaviour. But beggars can't be choosers. ;P

I wouldn't yet call this the biggest meet up, but it has the potential to be quite substantial. :D I think the current record was around 30-40 members at at D*con 2010. Hopefully as many people can make it to PAX!

I know you guys have surely already heard this, but I SO wish I could come! :D

I can tell this is going to be an awesome event, and it would be so much fun to be part of a group of Spartans!

Sadly, I just can't see myself making it to something like this on the West coast. It's just too far to travel, especially with a full Mjolnir suit, and it's too expensive for me now. Not that it matters anymore, what with the tickets selling out...

Have tons of fun guys! Get lots of goodies for us, and take LOTS of pictures! :cool

We all feel for you! We all would have loved it if you could have made it. Yet we all understand that there are obstacles that get in our way. No worries mate. We will not forget you.

I've just started converting the MK V helmet file. Thanks to longshot I already have the rest of the suit ready for foam. I'll be working on the helmet tonight while watching the Canucks beat San Jose. Can't wait to have this suit done, I'd feel naked at PAX without it.

Go Canucks! 3-2 WIN!
Sounds like your making some good progress. Can't wait to see the finished suit at the con.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm still searching for tickets. Please let me know if anyone has a change of plans and can part with either a 3 day or saturday pass. I may go with the package airfare and hotel that my wife has found for me. I likely won't purchase it through until I know for sure.

I'm not opposed to paying over face value for them, but I'd prefer to not support that kind of behaviour. But beggars can't be choosers. ;P

I wouldn't yet call this the biggest meet up, but it has the potential to be quite substantial. :D I think the current record was around 30-40 members at at D*con 2010. Hopefully as many people can make it to PAX!

Excellent news on your transportation and accomodations update. I don't blame you on the pricing for the tickets (scalping?) We are all keeping our hopes and fingers crossed for some tickets.

Hmmm 30-40.... We have 3 month to go. We may see more announcements from other 405th'rs as we get closer to this super event.

Cheers!

I am going on Friday with a group of friends. Not in Halo regalia, however, but I will hopefully have a Big Daddy costume, to go with the group theme of Bioshock. Looking forward to it!

I am going on Friday with a group of friends. Not in Halo regalia, however, but I will hopefully have a Big Daddy costume, to go with the group theme of Bioshock. Looking forward to it!

OHHHH... I'd love to see you in the Big Daddy costume. You will have to stop by the Halofest event and look me up.
In the meantime, do you want me to add you to the "Who's going list"?

UPDATE TIME:

I have been in contact with BS Angel, Halo Waypoints Admin Blogger in the hopes to inform the staff at Halofest of my intentions:

Hello BS angel!

You may remember me from RVB Canwest 2011. I was the Chiefster Bunny.

Glad to see that your asking for some input for Halofest. I read up on the "halo fest input needed" thread. I can see that a lot of the respondents would like to see Spartan suits, weapons and other props.

I have been organizing a group of 405th forum members for PAX Prime 2011. So far there are about 20 of us committed to attending, myself included.

My intention is to let you know that most, if not all, of us will be in full halo regila. I myself will definitly be in my Master Chief armor with all lights and sound system running.

IDEA: I can't speak for the others, but I would love to offer some of my time to you guys for some photo ops and interation with the fans. I'll be asking the rest of my group if any of them are interested in participating. I'm sure that some of the others guys/gals would LOVE to do the same.

Your thoughts are welcome,

Cheers,
Kevin Hickman. AKA: The Chiefster Bunny www.longshot-x.com

The reply:
I wanted to let you know we’re still knee-deep in planning but for now, please tentatively consider your Friday evening booked.

So. The next step is to ask the rest of you guys:
Would you like to offer some of your time to interact and have pics taken with some Halofest fans?

Let me know if you would like to be added. I'll add this as an item to the 1st post as: "Halofest Friday Fan Photo's and Interaction"

Cheers!

ARRGH

Now I have more motivation to get off my lazy bum to build suits and book train tickets. I only have 3 months to build a decent looking suit.

THE PRESSURE!

Friday evening would mean one of those after pax parties. The convention closes at 6:00 and then all the various companies hold their own separate events. This could be pretty exclusive.

@got armour: LOL... I'm sure that this Church can snipe. :p ...At least I hope so. :D

@Devious: Yea you better get going. This idea of "pretty exclusive" is kinda upping the excitment to its next level.

UPDATE:

The Halofest Friday Fan Photo's and Interaction Has an update...
I just figured that I should be more clear on this event.
This is still all pending approval and the # of people able to attend is still undecided.
Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

If Scott (Gmoney) gets his armor done, he'd also like to partake in the Friday thing. Him and I are like a package deal; when one is present, the other is not far behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back