PAX Prime 2011 - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That totally depends upon the modeler. I just had a look... looks like the MK V is not using the same measurment system... this may be more difficult than I was hoping for.
Next solution is to just print what I have to PDF... then you can print off a part... pep it and see if its the right size. If not, then resize the pdf, reprint, rePep and then test again. If it is the right size... then you can use those as the template for the foam build. That's basically how we did the foam MK VI Chief.
and/or you can use Goddess's method.

I'll be going again this year and hoping to have my suit from halloween fully upgraded to HD pieces by then. I was one of the marines in the pictures from last year and we didn't have any problems with our weapons, I did have one of the enforcers check to make sure it wasn't real before he continued on to confiscate a sword from someone.

Welcome to the PAX Prime 2011 group.

Now that is good news!
That means we should have no problems with our prop/weapons.
LOL sucks to be the guy losing his sword. :p

Glad to have another 405th'r going! Wow... if the ball keeps rolling like this... were going to have a huge turnout!
:)

Good, to have you on board Daslacker, hope to see you there.

What if I used the halo reach MK V files, they're just an HD version of the halo 1 ones. I'd obviously have to change the shoulders and the knees, but otherwise the chest, and arms are close. Top that off with the right helmet and it'd look pretty legit.

I think that those would work great. I did see that some one had posted foam pep files somewhere... Now just to find them!

I claim floor LOL.Thanks for lettin me in.The reason why I need to share a room really bad is because im 17 I can drive a car,I can get into the con,but I can't buy a room XD.Ill pay for my share of the room.ANYWAY im pretty much doing a run of AR this summers and I need some of the ARs for a project so I can bring about five extras for you people who have to go through customs if you need me too.As for my costume started on a custom green halo reach spartan a month ago,so thats three spartans hopefully.XD

So lets see what the list looks like now:

Longshot-X (MK VI)
Devious (Halo Ce master Chief) + 4 more (possibly a reach trooper)
Savagegiggles (if they ask her to come back as KAT)
Spartan-847-David (SPARTAN)
Smiggly (ODST) + 3-5 marines
ROK Gmoney (Spartan) + 1

Between 13 and 16 coming so far. WINNING!

5 full suits too! Even better.

@ longshot, I found the foam pep files HERE.

So lets see what the list looks like now:

Longshot-X (MK VI)
Devious (Halo Ce master Chief) + 4 more (possibly a reach trooper)
Savagegiggles (if they ask her to come back as KAT)
Spartan-847-David (SPARTAN)
Smiggly (ODST) + 3-5 marines
ROK Gmoney (Spartan) + 1

Between 13 and 16 coming so far. WINNING!

5 full suits too! Even better.

@ longshot, I found the foam pep files HERE.

Yup... That them!!!!!! :)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
This requires something special....
EASTER CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!! :)

img00021789.jpg

I'm so excited! XD

NICE! Dare you to wear those at PAX. :D

LOL!!! I'm considering it!
I'm also going to do an "Out and about" before the end of the week. One of the destinations will be the local Bar! (all the staff there are huge HALO fans)

Hotel reservation update:

I have booked our room (one) at the Crowne (CC'd required). This will be our HQ!

I have also looked at the group bookings... They don't offer any discounts for group bookings. However, while looking around, it looks like lots of rooms are available.

Also to book a group of rooms does require a CC'd and they will be taking a depost from the card when it gets to within 30 days of the event.

I don't have enough of a limit to be able to book a group of rooms as I like to keep my limit very low.
Easter Chief not happy.
img00021933.jpg

If your going and need a room... its a good time to start booking them at the Crowne.

Update to the update:
I have upped my CC limit and now have booked 2 rooms. That should take care of the immediate gang that is going.

Easter Chief is now happy again.
img00021929.jpg

Thanks a ton Longshot!
Send me an email so I can tell my group how much we owe you.

Good to see a happy easter chief

Thanks a ton Longshot!
Send me an email so I can tell my group how much we owe you.

Good to see a happy easter chief

I'm going to Email them for a request for a total with all applicable taxes and/or fee's so that I have a GRAND TOTAL. This will be for both rooms starting from Thursday check in (I have asked for an early check in) thru to Monday check out (I asked for a late check out).

As I said I'll be driving so I'll keep the parking fee's to myself. Unless I'm car pooling with someone, in which case I'll get to split those fee's too.

Once I have all that, I'll share the math calculations and then we can see what everyone will owe.

Oh BTW our rooms are group booked as "405th" with myself as the primary for both rooms.
I have also requested 2 double beds per room, so we should not have to have someone sleeping on the floor. :p
As we get closer to the event, the hotel will need all of our names so that they can keep track of room assignments. IE. So they can give out the correct room keys to the correct guests.

:)

Sounds excellent!

I'm very glad you asked for an early check in and a late check out, as those of us going by train have to adhere to an odd schedule, that is both early on arrival, and late in departure.

Ill get you the names as soon as I can.

Another thing that might be interesting to look as is getting a few cheap walkie talkies for when in the con. That way we can tell all 405th members if there's something happening they don't want to miss, or for any other reason.

Thanks a lot longshot, YOU DA BEST!

Another thing that might be interesting to look as is getting a few cheap walkie talkies for when in the con. That way we can tell all 405th members if there's something happening they don't want to miss, or for any other reason.

That sounds like an awesome idea! Where is that "LIKE" button! :)

Futureshop has better prices on these than Canadian tire. the Motorola MC350R is a great set, I had a pair 10 years ago, and they worked phenomenally. There are two models and both are great, ones just cheaper. They also allow you to put in a headset (not included) perfect for helmets.

My bf and I are going. The plan is to get both of our armor sets done in time. Though knowing his slacking arse, he probably won't get his done.

We also have two extra spots in our hotel room if anyone is interested. PM me if you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back