Duct Tape and Wood Glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its fine, in fact I'm actually glad. If this helps out people by clearing confusion and allowing ideas to be bounced around and tested then this thread is more useful than it was made to be.

Ok would making a metal frame for the interior of a helmet or large piece to brace work. And by metal frame I mean a very light metal wire net on the interior.

Im not sure if that would work, only because I haven't seen or heard of that ever being done. I honestly wouldn't go that route though , paper mache would warp and ruin your pep models, it also isnt very strong/durable. just wondering...is money the issue here? or is it the fact that fiberglass resin is somewhat toxic if you breathe in the fumes? using a respirator should always be considered when working with most resins.

Ok, Thank god I bought some rondo at home depot along with my resin! Should I put a layer of resin on the outside, and then just rondo on the inside, or resin and rondo inside? (And Sgt freezer, sorry for stealing your thread here!)

coat the outside of your pep with the resin, multiple times if you want to be really safe. then mix some rondo and pour it in the inside for a few coats until it is reasonably thick. adding fiberglass matte/cloth with the rondo will strengthen it tenfold, but it is not needed. I have seen many members just use rondo and it worked out fine

Ok, Thank god I bought some rondo at home depot along with my resin! Should I put a layer of resin on the outside, and then just rondo on the inside, or resin and rondo inside? (And Sgt freezer, sorry for stealing your thread here!)

I think you're confused here. you cant buy Rondo you have to make it your self. Its a mix of about 1:1 Bondo and resin. resin the inside and out side at least once, then rondo the inside. Dont rondo the outside because you lose all the detail.

I think you're confused here. you cant buy Rondo you have to make it your self. Its a mix of about 1:1 Bondo and resin. resin the inside and out side at least once, then rondo the inside. Dont rondo the outside because you lose all the detail.
But I was at home depot and they had a can of body filler/fiberglass resin mix! True, it didnt ACTUALLY say rondo, but it was a resin body filler mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back