Emblem Encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift

So, you've spent months working on your armour - sanding out those annoying little pits and perfecting your weathering techniques. But now what? Sure, it looks awesome, but it seems to be lacking something, a certain feeling of individuality, a particular aesthetic partial to you, and you alone.

So, what do you, the wondrous armourer do?

Design an emblem of course.

This is a common practice amongst armourers - for eons, smiths have crafting their 'insignia' into their works, marking them as their own creations, a creation they can be proud of.

Among the 405th this tradition is continued; the designs could either be inconspicuous, or blatant; entirely original or a homage to a fellow badass soldier.

The purpose of the thread is to create an 'encyclopedia' of 405th Emblems, as both an inspiration to members looking for emblem design, and to avoid people accidentally making the same design as someone else (though I assume that this would offend less people then more).

Please keep posts on-topic. That is, posting only images of your emblems (either a design and/or how it turned out on your armour). If you wish to explain the methods you used to create/apply it, please keep that within your original post.

If you wish to know how a person created their emblem and they didn't post it along with ther picture, send them a PM. Please don't fill up this thread with clatter. This goes double with compliments. Yes, they're awesome, but this is an encyclopedia, not a museum.

Also, if this is in the wrong section, then could a mod please move it?

Here is the one that I use on my multiplayer armor in Reach.

emblem.ashx?s=120&0=3&1=1&2=21&3=0&fi=61&bi=39&fl=1&m=3.png

Anyone interested in finding out how to replicate their Reach armor emblem, you can find a very useful tool here: http://robby118.netau.net/creations/reachemblems/

-Matt

This is mine. I plan to create templates of it in Photoshop and have them cut in vinyl so I can paint it on my right shoulder piece.

emblem.ashx?s=120&0=0&1=0&2=11&3=2&fi=38&bi=6&fl=1&m=3.png

Here's mine! I almost always use my favorite colors in my emblems: blue, black, and white.

emblem.ashx?s=120&0=16&1=2&2=15&3=0&fi=58&bi=10&fl=1&m=3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been mine for a while, the background is suppose to be clear... something like this anyway. It's a tear with the fire inside.
insignia.jpg

I'll be painting it on my chest along with my medic badge. First Response Spartan, fire extinguisher and no guns!

wazaaman.png

My "wazaaman" face
This goes on everything I build I kind of put it in a hard to see place if Im building on a commissionn for seomone else.

emblem.ashx?s=120&0=18&1=18&2=2&3=18&fi=10&bi=38&fl=1&m=1.jpg

Here is mine, but I haven't really made any armor yet, but if I do, I will put it on. I use it for halo 2 and halo 3 (if only halo 1 had emblems.....)

Well, I suppose since now I've actually done it, I can post a photo of my painted-on emblem on my right shoulder armor.

IMG_4755.jpg

Pretty close, don't you think?
emblem.ashx?s=120&0=0&1=0&2=11&3=2&fi=38&bi=6&fl=1&m=3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back