Props DogWizard Gravity Hammer build *FINISHED WITH PICS* Added 2 more*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well here are some pics. As you can see, all the hammer head details are on there to include the blade. All free-standing, so no tape. Not glued either

001-135.jpg

Here is a close up of the backside of the hammer to show the amount of clearance between the blade and the pieces. I fear that the blade is slightly mis-aligned with the center of the hammer head, so I may have to do some tweaking with the blade mount.

002-109.jpg

And here is the lower shaft/main body. All grey, and dull coated. Nice and protected. Just need to get the leather on there before I can attach the hand guard, which I still need to paint. After the hammer is assembeled, painted, I'm going to do a black wash over the entire thing, but use brown on the black parts. I'm not gonna paint the blue on this. I'm going to be doing the white portions with white reflective tape though. You'll see when it's finished.

003-95.jpg

-TC

Oh wow man. I still promise myself that I will have one of these someday. Your progress is great!! And with the whole clearance thing, I don't think it looks too hateful, but I see what you mean about the clearance not being even through all of the pieces. Either way, keep up the good work buddy.

-Matt

Alright, well after a series of cursing and pulling, I finally got this to a decent level. The end's aren't perfect, but I dont care at this point considering how much of a pain it was. The ends are currently being epoxied down, hence the blue tape

001-136.jpg

Just gotta do the upper portion later on...

Last one for the night. Although it's all assembled, I'm probably not going to permanently attach the hand guard until the upper shaft's grip is wrapped. The maker also used pinstripping to add details which I may do so myself. I spent time today further cleaning up the hammer head. As I was removing a glob of excess resin, it turned out to be hollow, and opened up a hole in the hammer head (interior is hollow). So I had to fill that sucker up. and clean it up tomorrow. Hoping to be able to get those pieces assembled and painted shortly...

Anyways, here's a pic of the lower shaft, hand guard painted and dull coated. Leather on the bottom is finished.

002-110.jpg

Might leave the red on the leather instead of covering it up...adds some style..

OMG! You must have a fast car, or can run real fast, LOL. The Gators are real BIG around here. I liked the Noles when bobby was with them.

Yea my ex gf's family has a house up there. Was at some 4th of July parade festival there. I was hanging around the town hall and was chilling outside with the old folks. Did not go to well when I told them I was a FSU fan. Good thing I'm 6'7"

Ok, last hurdle accomplished. Both grips have leather attached and are good to go. Now I can focus on detailing the main body with the pin-stripes and attach the hand guard for good.

Here's sort of the starting process, figuring the correct angle to cut the leather at the begining..

001-137.jpg

Finished grip

003-97.jpg

Time to move forward!

004-74.jpg

-TC

Ok, got a month left to get this thing finished! I have a hole on a part of the hammer head that I tried filling, but the filler isn't adhearing too well.

Aside from that, I just need to paint the blade and paint the other pieces...and then assemble!

Painted the blade yesterday. Gonna weather it up after I'm done assembling it.

100_2572.jpg

That hole I've had in the hammer head is getting frustrating, cause none of my fillers are holding up. IDK why. I may just say screw it and leave it be. It's really the only thing holding me from painting and assembling the hammer head

-TC

Painted most of the pieces black today. Still got a few more to do, but it's getting dark and stormy outside!

Ran out of paint on the hammer head though :'(

008-38.jpg

-TC

OK, well I can pretty much say that I can get the entire thing assembled today!
Here's how it's looking now. All the greeblies are attached to the hammer head, painted as well. The clear coat I used gave it an interesting appearence. I think some local dust picked up while spraying and adheared to the surface, which gave it a cool weathered look (accidentally!)

003-100.jpg

002-114.jpg

001-139.jpg

Just finishing up the upper shaft and then I can continue assembling everything!

-TC

Not getting too many responses, but I wanted to ask for an opinion. I didnt' paint the blue highliights on the hammer head as seen exactly like in the game because I am going for a WETA studios hammer look, but I was thinking about adding this detail using reflective white tape. I see this detail as very bright (like a light) whenever I see it in the game, so I figured that it'd work as a decent alternative to adding lights. LMK what you think, it's not adheared yet, just placed there.

Normal light

004-77.jpg

with flash

007-52.jpg

Thanks

-TC

What you could do is a slight blue acrylic wash over it and see if that will give more of a blue reflection?

Either way i think it would add that extra detail to have that or just painting those spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back