L3X's Foam Reach Multiplayer Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3X BLU3R1V3R

So I decided to get a decent way in to this build before posting anything. Pretty much the only way you would have gotten a preview is if youre friends with me on FACEBOOK! (add me! :p) Just tell me where you know me from or I might accidentally decline it! :( Alright, so lets just jump in to it! I'm only going to post pictures that I deem worth it, but I have lots more on my Photobucket Album.
th_IMAG0200.jpgth_IMAG0208.jpgth_IMAG0229-1.jpgth_IMAG0228-1.jpgth_IMAG0232-1.jpgth_IMAG0234-1.jpgth_IMAG0236-1.jpgth_IMAG0237-1.jpgth_IMAG0243.jpgth_IMAG0245.jpgth_IMAG0246.jpgth_IMAG0247.jpg
I am planning on doing the entire suit out of foam, it definitely is quicker than pepping everything! And, I'm going to be getting in contact with various modelers soon because I am re-unfolding pieces just for the templates and i want to make sure its cool with them that i do, because i want to post them here for download to make it easier for other people to start their own foam projects!

Excellent idea! I bought foam a while back, but Im leery of trying to make templates so it has been sitting. Your stuff looks great, whch is what I expected!

I bought foam a while back, but Im leery of trying to make templates so it has been sitting.

I concur. I have a few foam peices done and it is hard to make the templates.

On a related note, that chest piece looks splendid! And the scaling looks pretty much perfect. Great job!

Great work on your foam armor build so far, and yes I must say going the foam armoring is much faster rather then pepping everything. Amazing work so far and I cannot wait to see the finished product.

Andrew:

looks really good so far, im still trying to figure out how to glue the back and front together because i used only the pepakura templates for paper. hope the rest of your build goes well.

Thanks everyone for the replys!!! Heres a quick video update! I definitely forgot that there was a fan like 6 inches below my phone when i took this and i dont talk in it and the fan is pretty loud so you can mute it and not miss anything lol. WATCH IT IN HD! :D
Its teal in color, i used a few different techniques along the way. First, of course, i did a few layers of the Plastidip. Then I painted the whole thing Satin Nickel. I Then used toothpaste to mark spots where i didnt want the teal to stay and make it look like it peeled away. Then a few coats of teal. Heres where I used Adam's new painting tut (THANKS ADAM!!!). I did the lighter blue and then the scratched chrome, and then i did the black wash with the acrylic paints. Thats all i got done today because its been pretty dreary out. Ill try and get some good quality pictures here sometime soon. All I have left to do is tape off the areas where the gold goes and then paint it and thats pretty much it :D

This is essentially what im going for. I use the collar breacher in game but im not sure if i want to make it because it will cover up my emblem. Though i suppose i could just move the emblem.
VanityRender3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on doing the entire suit out of foam, it definitely is quicker than pepping everything! And, I'm going to be getting in contact with various modelers soon because I am re-unfolding pieces just for the templates and i want to make sure its cool with them that i do, because i want to post them here for download to make it easier for other people to start their own foam projects!
Any more word on those templates? I'm hoping you can get Moz's original Mk. V done just for foam.

Any more word on those templates? I'm hoping you can get Moz's original Mk. V done just for foam.

Well, unfortunately i really dont plan on doing any of Moz's files. I really only plan on doing files that i use specifically from reach. I actually just went and looked at Moz's files and you could really use them just like they are. They're low enough in detail that it would be really really easy to do it that way.

Looks great so far! It seems like all foam builds start with the torso. Toughest piece done first I guess!

Looking good. Nice and clean foam work. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Love the chest file by the way.

Looks great so far! It seems like all foam builds start with the torso. Toughest piece done first I guess!

Just wait till he has to resize 3 sets of thighs to accomadate for the foams thickness, The calves will be the same too. Chest is the easiest, it just takes the longest.

L3X It's looking fantastic!

Well, after a horrifically long time, im back on this project! Unfortunately i was forced to move and that has been occupying a ton of my free time. Luckily i found some free time yesterday and today and got some work done on a bicep piece. Well, i think pictures will tell a lot more than words will so here ya go everyone.

th_IMG_1383.jpgth_IMG_1384.jpgth_IMG_1385.jpgth_IMG_1386.jpgth_IMG_1387.jpgth_IMG_1388.jpgth_IMG_1390.jpgth_IMG_1391.jpgth_IMG_1392.jpgth_IMAG0293.jpgth_IMAG0295.jpgth_IMAG0296.jpgth_IMAG0297.jpgth_IMAG0298.jpgth_IMAG0299.jpg

I know exactly how you feel.
That Bicep is fantastic. I'm curious as to how You Layered it to get that thickness for the outer buckle piece? Thats the part that is screwing me up the most. Would heve more View points of the Bicep?

so, did you use your chest piece file for the chest? or did you make a whole new template?
If you every make the templates, i would love to see em!
Looks great BTW! nice color.

I know exactly how you feel.
That Bicep is fantastic. I'm curious as to how You Layered it to get that thickness for the outer buckle piece? Thats the part that is screwing me up the most. Would heve more View points of the Bicep?
Im slightly confused by what youre asking here... I pretty much just did the exact same thing that Timecon did on his new bicep in his foam thread in the elite section. i can probably get some more pictures up soon, but not tonight.

so, did you use your chest piece file for the chest? or did you make a whole new template?
If you every make the templates, i would love to see em!
Looks great BTW! nice color.
I actually have a download for my templates in my reach torso thread in my signature. Its on the first page, the last one in the first post.

I was just curious about the inside look of the piece.
Did you layer it? One Detail on top of the main plate?

Or did you Just Puzzle piece and fill?

My Biceps have thrown me through the loop several times now and I'm just curious about what others may be doing really. Mine are supposed to look like yours but keep coming out looking like exploded coffee cans.

I was just curious about the inside look of the piece.
Did you layer it? One Detail on top of the main plate?

Or did you Just Puzzle piece and fill?

My Biceps have thrown me through the loop several times now and I'm just curious about what others may be doing really. Mine are supposed to look like yours but keep coming out looking like exploded coffee cans.
Ah, I too was slightly concerned with how it would turn out but as you see, its pretty nice. Im going to be building my other one probably tonight and i can take assembly pictures to show how i do it and post them up here for you. In the meantime, heres this pics you asked for. Oh, and the answer to your question, puzzle pieces ftw :D

th_IMAG0303.jpgth_IMAG0302.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back