Mark VI Armor by Bexi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bexi

Jr Member
First of, pepakura is so addicting! With my boyfriend helping me cut, I've been able to get all this pepped in just 5 days. Mind you, those were days when I would not go to sleep till 6 AM and I completely blew off any other projects. :p

The first time around I sized my helmet terrible. It was just a tad big for my cat.
Here's my actual helmet that fits me perfectly!
100_3092.jpg

I'm worried that I sized the chest piece a little too small... what do you think? (note it wasn't 100% pepped at this point, I hadn't put the bottom edge lining thingie in, that's why those tabs are sticking out)
100_3070.jpg

Here's the back of the completed chestpiece. I screwed up the vents a little when I was gluing them in, but I'm hoping I can just fix them later with bondo.
100_3105.jpg

I've also pepped the codpiece,left handplate, and left forearm.
100_3100.jpg

100_3594.jpg

100_3602.jpg

Now I just need some decent dry weather so I can get outside and resin some of this!

awesome! nice peping, you did a really nice job on scaling too ;)
gonna keep an eye out for this. there aren't as many mark 6 builds out there anymore. I wish you good luck on you build! :)

Oh wow - this looks awesome so far! I can't wait to see more! ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
the wide appears to be spot on but it depends on how you feel
from what I have noticed it is more of a depth issue for the female builders
anyway keep it up you are doing very good.

looks great so far!
and i think the chest is a good scale IMHO... would be nice to see it with the Bicep armor on also, just to make sure.

the scaling looks very good. Which is impressive, that is probably the toughest part about doing pep parts. Keep up the good work.

looks great so far!
and i think the chest is a good scale IMHO... would be nice to see it with the Bicep armor on also, just to make sure.

Sweet. I'll make a bicep/shoulder thingie thing today so I can give that a try. :)

I have to agree. The sizing appears to be perfect!
Your speed on this is quite amazing!
Can't wait to see more progress on this.

Looking good, some fast progress too.

You wont need to pad your helmet much once you get all that hair in there ;-)
(no, that is not weird code for 'get it cut')

Thanks everyone! My chestpiece is resined and I'll hoepfully get it fiberglassed tomorrow so I can split it and try it on again. After a grueling 4 hour work day of making coffee and sammiches, I'm now going to relax and get my left shoulder/bicep pepped. Hopefully pics tonight! You may be sensing a pattern... I'm trying to get all the left sided things done so I can get a good idea of how everything looks and fits togetherand so I'll know what (if anything) needs to be resized.

Wow you seem to have the scaling down looks good, but how the heck did you get your head through the neck hole, my chest piece would just sit on my head like a hat if I tried to stick my head through the neck part, so I had to cut mine in half, but keep it up, I pep all of the parts for my MKVI in two weeks, so I know what you mean with the peping till 6AM, anyways keep up the great job nice to see another MKVI suit in the works

Update time!

100_3606.jpg

100_3605.jpg

I got my left shoulder pepped last night!

Yesterday I resined my chestpiece, but then the temp dropped to freezing (from 55!) in minutes and so it is still tacky. I tried using talc powder to spped up its drying a little, but no luck. I guess I just have to hope it warms up today. Dang weather!

Wow you seem to have the scaling down looks good, but how the heck did you get your head through the neck hole, my chest piece would just sit on my head like a hat if I tried to stick my head through the neck part, so I had to cut mine in half, but keep it up, I pep all of the parts for my MKVI in two weeks, so I know what you mean with the peping till 6AM, anyways keep up the great job nice to see another MKVI suit in the works

At that point I hadnt glued the back part of the neck together so I was able to slip my head through. Now that it's all together I won't be able to get it on again until it's fiberglassed.

Hopefully the weather will get warmer so I can get some resining and fiberglassing done. I hate having all these fragile cardstock things around my clumsy self!

You could try a heat gun or hairdryer to speed it up a little bit. A portable heater would work best at long as it doesn't get too close. It would suck to watch hard work go up in flames. If it doesn't cure right it will stink like resin for a long time.

You could try a heat gun or hairdryer to speed it up a little bit. A portable heater would work best at long as it doesn't get too close. It would suck to watch hard work go up in flames. If it doesn't cure right it will stink like resin for a long time.

I will definatly try the hairdryer next time it gets crappy out. Fortunatly, for now- the sun is bright and shining down perfectly on everything. Chestpiece is all but hardened!

you should do the female mark VI that was just posted a few days ago lol be the first!

I did download that but it wasn't unfolded yet and my unfolding skills are subpar. I can do little things like a handplate or shoulder but a whole chestpiece is a tad overwhelming. If someone unfolds it, I'll totally go for it!

I wish I could pep as fast as some of you guys here :( Looking great so far though. Is this to go along with your Cortana costume?

Whew! I beat the weather today fellas.

I got my helmet, shoulder, and handplate resined before the rain hit. ( I also fiberglassed my bf's chestplate and a a buddy's helmet- busy day! Pics of the fiberglassing here if you're interested! http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/32006-My-first-attempt-at-pepping)

I just finished remaking my left forearm. The old one got smooshed. Dang kitties. :p Oh well, it was a little warped and it felt slightly too small anyway and it's a pretty quick pep. Pics!

100_3614.jpg

New one on the left, old one one the right. The old one was the high def female version by crackhead09, modified by Balmung of the Azure Sky and unfolded by halogoddess(whew that was a mouthful but I want to give credit where it's due!) The new one is Robogenesis' low def one, but I altered it myself to make it fit my scrawny arm. I chose to make the low def version this time because the other was a kind of a pain and I decided I'd rather just add the detailing on at the end.

100_3611.jpg

This is how it looks so far! (note- the shoulder isn't actually on bc it still has the support struts until I fiberglass it.) P.S. I altered the shoulder to fit better too. I have such skinny arms this huge dude armor doesn't work quite right lol.

I wish I could pep as fast as some of you guys here :( Looking great so far though. Is this to go along with your Cortana costume?

Not really. I can't wear both cotumes at once and I'm too small to lend my armor to anyone (I'm only 5'3)so it's really just for the fun and so I have the option of wearing either one. :p

Stay tuned for more fun! I may start a thigh tonight :)

if there is anyone who can email me the prints for a recon helmet i would really apriciate it i am trying to make my own but i cant open the pepakura files.....D:

everything you need to know about basic armor making is in the sticky tabs at the top of the noob forum. download pepakura viewer and the designer. This is a build thread, lets keep it that way :)

Bexi, your armor is coming together nicely. I think its going to be an epic suit. Cant wait to see more. Keep up the great work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back