Mark VI Armor by Bexi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see your progress, it looks promising! Sorry to hear about your armor losses :(

The hair looks awesome btw :D

Kitty kinda looks like our cat, Butters. Ornery sucker!

Great job, but watch out for crazy kitty, with the cat around your armor, your going to be a peping pro before you know it, but great job so far not long before you have a full suit

good progress. shame about the chest. i hate it when you complete a pep piece and realize its too small and would need to redo it entirely -_-...waste of materials and time. Like the 12 hours i put into my war machine helmet and have it too small.

The chest piece size doesn't look too bad, but it's totally up to you. Comfort first! Also, that's why I'm glad that for the moment I don't have any pets. They seem to love to destroy hobby projects! Keep up the great work, looks like you're advancing quickly with the build.

cute haircut. You donated the hair? For wigs I hope, that is totally awesome of you :)

I'm loving the progress you have, makin' me envious over here.

Hi guys! Thanks for all the comments! I love knowing that my progress is interesting to someone besides my cats. :p

Tonight I have for you an update on my chest piece! As you know, I made my old one and hoped desperately that it would fit but once it had been hardened, it had shrunk so that I could barely squeeze into it. Thus began my short but epic saga to the perfect chest piece.

I know I’ve often seen the question of should females scale their chest pieces bigger to compensate for our anatomy, and I have my opinion to give. My first chest piece would have fit perfectly if I had smaller breasts. However, I am busty and even with a sports bra and duct tape, I couldn’t flatten the girls enough to make it wearable. My advice is that if you have large or largeish breasts(c cup or bigger), you should add at least a couple of extra inches to the width of your chest piece to compensate for them.

Here is how I made my chest piece fit me well:

My original torso was 360 mm wide. I scaled up the second to a width of 405mm, which yeah, I was worried would be huge but I threw caution to the wind. One week of cutting scoring folding and gluing later, I had a try-on-able model. The top portion of the new chest fit great, but the sides were now much too long. There was about a ten inch gap between it and my ribs. Now, I could either add 10 inches of padding, or gain 20 pounds solely over my belly. I chose a much quicker method as I do so love instant gratification.

I did a lovely hack job and cut at the green line, and glued it over to where the yellow line is then I trimmed to make it neater. I did this on both sides and it worked perfectly. I squirmed my way into my new and improved chest piece and voila!
torsomodel.jpg

End result, plenty of room to breathe but still a nice cozy fit without having to strap my chest completely flat.

I give you, my new chest pre resin:

100_4073.jpg

I just thought I'd post my 2 cents for any future spartan ladies :)

Bexi you are awesome! I bet this suit gets you out of the noob forum as soon as it gets finished and noticed by the mods.

Great job!

it doesn't even look like you modified the file at all! heck, I wish I did the same with my chestplate, not for the same reason as you though haha, but it would have helped me out a lot cause im so skinny. i wish you good luck with the rest of your build and kudos for such a crafty idea!

Nice work on the new chest piece looks great your mod to the piece with is nice and simple. The rest of the armor is looking great. Are you just sticking with that black suit for the undersuit or are you going to make that game accurate as well?

Nice work on the new chest piece looks great your mod to the piece with is nice and simple. The rest of the armor is looking great. Are you just sticking with that black suit for the undersuit or are you going to make that game accurate as well?

I’ve been dabbling with some templates for a more detailed undersuit. :) I’m not sure exactly how detailed it will be, but it will absolutely be more than just the plain black. I’m planning to at least add something around the abdomen. Here’s some of my ideas so far! (yes I sketched these when I was supposed to be working, and yes, I know I suck at art :p)

undersuittummy.jpg

I tried to see what I could do with some craft foam but I don’t like the look I got so I’m planning to sew this part out of some pleather I’ve got and hold the sides together with some elastic and use webbing for shoulder straps. I’m going to add the vent detailing on the back in foam. If I can, I will make this a harness for the rest of my gear as well. Maybe add some straps down the sides with buckles to hold up the thighs?

So my suit is now 95% pepped. I started a full-time job this week and dear lordy, how do you grown ups do it? Ugh. I will never underappreciate a weekend again!

Anywho- back to business. I have left to pep: one boot, and one shoulder. Possibly, 2 shoulders… I’ve found an old female file made by some fellow by the name of Klunk for the shoulder and I’m unfolding it so I can pep it this weekend to see if it fits my totally not beefy biceps better than the male file.

Suit so far!

100_4382.jpg

Everything's in varying stages of resining and hardening, but it is so very exciting to see my progress so far!

I’ve also started bondoing my helmet and I’m searching the interwebz for a cheap visor… I’d love to not have to spend more than $20. Anyone got any suggestions?

Annnd, I've given myself a deadline for my suit because I want to feel important! I'm going to wear it to my local gamestop for the release of Halo Anniversary. I'd love to see all their faces when a 5 foot Chief walks in and buys her copy. :-D

Bexi,
This is a great build. You are the new inspiration for the two girls working on our RvB build. Thanks so much for you input on the chest scaling. Nice to see such specific input and great results to back it up. Our poor Tex is only 4'11" and fit, but has similar chest issues as you. Scaling has been....lets just say challenging for her. :) With your input we may just have found a solution.

Best of luck with this build. It is looking great.

Very nice so far :D You're definitely working at a fast pace. I probably missed it somehwere, but what colour scheme are you going for?

Bexi,
This is a great build. You are the new inspiration for the two girls working on our RvB build. Thanks so much for you input on the chest scaling. Nice to see such specific input and great results to back it up. Our poor Tex is only 4'11" and fit, but has similar chest issues as you. Scaling has been....lets just say challenging for her. :) With your input we may just have found a solution.

Best of luck with this build. It is looking great.

Thank you so much! :$. If you have any questions on any of the pieces let me know. I’ve had to alter quite a bunch, like the forearms and shoulders, to fit me because of my smaller frame but I’m not sure if I went into much detail on those. I’m glad I can inspire someone :D Also as far as the chest piece goes, I’m using the stomach plate that I made with my smaller chest piece, scaled to 360 mm wide I believe. Because I brought the sides in so much, the big stomach plate looked way out of place.

Very nice so far :D You're definitely working at a fast pace. I probably missed it somehwere, but what colour scheme are you going for?

Thanks! I’m going for the traditional Master Chief color scheme, od with black accents. I considered doing it in purple for a while because that’s the color I wear when I play, but I do love the look Chief’s coloring. It looks… heroically intimidating.

This looks great! Awesome job :)

And a tiny update, the fiberglass in my chestpiece is hardening as we speak and I’m working on pepping that new female shoulder file. I’ll have pics up of that as soon as it’s done, but if anyne wants the unfolded file it’s here: http://www.4shared.com/file/efgyabMg/Female_MKVI_Shoulder_Right.html?

Everything is coming along great! You did the same thing I did build wise... build the left side to get the scaling down, then go for the rest. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back