Bevbors Awesome Portal Turret Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustard Chef

Jr Member
I was just searching for some Portal models over google and the 405th. Then Bam! I found this:
4888641880_e84ef38bae_o.jpg

This is probably one of the best Portal Turret models Ive ever seen! It was made by Bevbor and let me tell you, he has some pretty kick ass portal models.

The original thread is here:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26453-Portal-models?highlight=portal+models

I would really love to make this turret but I have no experience on unfolding models.

Therefore I was wondering if anybody unfolded it yet? I searched around and I couldnt find it, but sometimes people unfold for personal use and dont post it.

So if anybody has unfolded it or knows where to get you should seriously post it here!

It would be really righteous of you!

Wow that's a very nice model. Also, some tips for unfolding are to make the pieces large (not too large), and easy to piece together. What I mean is for the piece to not be complex. Well, I'm terrible at explaining, but I know Ral Partha does a good share of unfolding. I'm sure some people will assist you. :)

i am unfolding it. i should be done by wednesday, i mean i'm unfolding the security cam

Im currently unfolding it and it will probably be one of my summer projects. Ill keep everyone updated on my progress. So far Ive unfolded most and It already has like 80 pieces of cardstock. Its actual size which is about 1320 mm. Its gonna take a lot.

I MUST BUILD THIS!!!!!!. I actually found a file like this one ... or it could have been this one, but I'm not sure.... Anyways, I've been too lazy to try to unfold this. Good luck on the unfold :D.

I built one using a file by a billybob884, it has the skin on it and is pretty cool. Sadly it wasn't intended to be made into 19 inches tall... Still trying to find a way to strengthen the legs. So does anyone know the EXACT size of the turrets? I know the Weighted Storage/ Companion Cubes are about 24 inches tall, and wide. Heres the best pic I could get of my turret without it collapsing on itself.

DSCF0689.jpg

Guys.... *sigh* This is the model FROM THE GAME. Bevbor decompiled the model from the portal files. Not to bash anyone, just thought I should put it out thereXD

This is the model FROM THE GAME. Bevbor decompiled the model from the portal files.

Yes, you are right, but...
Try yourself to decompile that model and to get SUCH .pdo file I've got :)
You will get nothing, but a BUNCH of mutually crossed details and open edges :)

Mmm, what I'm trying to say: it IS decompiled, but also very intensively edited to match pep requirements.
Yes.

Yes, you are right, but...
Try yourself to decompile that model and to get SUCH .pdo file I've got :)
You will get nothing, but a BUNCH of mutually crossed details and open edges :)

Mmm, what I'm trying to say: it IS decompiled, but also very intensively edited to match pep requirements.
Yes.

Sorry mate. I didn't mean to bash you:p I know that it is alot of work to remove the open edges. I just felt that since they thought you made it, someone should let them know:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back