Help with Pepakura printing problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake117

Hello, I started making the smooth recon helmet but in the end I didnt like it as I managed to mess it up a bit. Anyway I went to print out a new one but all that comes out is a black page and you can , with some difficulty, make out the joining number in amidst the blackness but nothing else. Seeing as my printer is pretty crap, jams literally every time and also starts to randomly print bar codes on its own accord i assumed it had finally packed up but when I tried to print using a different printer i got the same results. Now only 2 days ago I printed the exact same file and it came out perfect so why would it change it now? I have re downloaded the file in case its corrupt but still it wont work. Any replys would be much appreciated and the sooner the better because I am back at college soon. Thank you and sorry for any speling/ grammar mistakes, im in a rush because my fridge has started 2 leak and i need to mop it up :(

Ok, just realized this should probably be in the pepakura section. Cant anyone tell me how 2 delete this topic?

Only the mods can delete a thread or re-locate it I think. As for your problem, have you checked your printer cartridge it could be clogged and was stuck open for that one print. You also might have a glitch in the printer soft ware and it cranked up the weight of the lines to the point it just printed continuously. With out having the computer in front of you it is hard to diagnose a problem as it could be any number of things or a combination of things.

Don't know about your problem, it's a bit odd, however this topic doesn't need to be moved. You can only post new topics in the noob forum right now so you are in the correct place.

From the sound of it, it seems to be a direct printer issue. It could be an ink problem as opposed to a file problem. You should try printing another file to see if the issue persists. But I would recommend checking out the printer first.

I have tried multiple files from multiple printers and the problem is the same. I have managed to print it off from a different computer and printer but it still took me 2 tries. I always have always been stupidly unlucky with technology but there we go. Anyway I'm taking amazing care with this one so it comes out perfect (I'm a bit of a perfectionist) Anyway I'll post the pic here once done :)

Slightly off topic but am I right in thinking that you pepakura your model, then fibreglass the inside and resin the outside (its a helmet) and then bondo right? which you sand down until smooth then paint and your done. Please correct me if I'm wrong and thanks for the replies :)

[/QUOTE]Slightly off topic but am I right in thinking that you pepakura your model, then fibreglass the inside and resin the outside (its a helmet) and then bondo right? which you sand down until smooth then paint and your done. Please correct me if I'm wrong and thanks for the replies :)[/QUOTE]

yup, thats the basics. you want to resin the outside first and then add the fiberglass on the inside, then bondo. If you would like more information on how to do all of that, visit the stickies! they are filled with loads of information and easy to follow tutorials =}

Ok :) as i said im currently re doing my helmet because i wasnt 100% on the old one but I'll check out the stickies after that thanks :) Out of curiosity how much do these helmets sell for?

I am having the same problem with mine (I just noticed many years later...) . I'm trying to make an ODST helmet for a cosplay by late February, but my printer just keeps printing a black page. The ODST Comm pack thing i printed was completely fine, and I even tried printing it again after the black page incident. I have no idea how to fix it and I completely suck with technology. Any Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back