A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I go about scratch building? What materials should I use? Sorry but I'm a total newbie with this >.<!
Depends on how you were going to make the suit. If your going to go the traditional route(Pepakura-Fiberglass-Bondo-Sanding-Ect.) than I dont think I will be much help. I made mine out of EVA foam which, in my opinion, is a LOT easier than the traditional way.

Heads up, I've started an unfold of the Anya chest. After that will be the Gear LD then the Lancer-No Knife + steel pipe model. This may take a while though, I'm actually pretty new to unfolding large-scale, all I've done so far is break up a couple too-large pieces...

EDIT: OK, it could be a very long time. At least for Anya, since it seems EVERY face is inter-connected with EVERY SINGLE OTHER FACE, and Pepakura insits on pre-unfolding it into nearly 20,000 pieces. Dunno what that's about, but it's somewhat irritating...

Heads up, I've started an unfold of the Anya chest. After that will be the Gear LD then the Lancer-No Knife + steel pipe model. This may take a while though, I'm actually pretty new to unfolding large-scale, all I've done so far is break up a couple too-large pieces...

EDIT: OK, it could be a very long time. At least for Anya, since it seems EVERY face is inter-connected with EVERY SINGLE OTHER FACE, and Pepakura insits on pre-unfolding it into nearly 20,000 pieces. Dunno what that's about, but it's somewhat irritating...
This vid might help a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is awesome but does anyone have the greaves unfolded? I figure that the chest piece is going to be cutting it close to launch night so was going to go for just the trousers and greaves with my stroud vest.
And what kind of foam would people recommend for this scratch building lark? And any idea where to buy it?

WAPS........There are older 2008 posts in the 405th that have the files for "carmine helm & chest, Marcus chest & grieves, torque-bow (little too small), Boom shot, longshot, and som other things." I have been looking for the Hammerburst 2 pep file for months and have been running across many many other files. but many pep designers are very protective bout their creations and demand you ask permission to use them...............that's why this thread is awsome Jakritt has been unloading many 3do to pep files and others are unfolding. I would love to be a part of it all, but unfortunate things happen when half your state is on fire. I am building back up to be in a possition to contribute. Thanks to everyone that is involved in these new designs. Type05 .

WAPS............Search "carmine armor"in the search box. Go to sticky: cog armor. Garland has many of the GOW2 files posted there. 2nd page under "my pep files". I have them all, but I do not have permission to give them out and do not want to piss any Infantrymen off and get kicked out of the 405th. sorry for misspelling your name Jakkrit.

Antitype.... Thank u for all the great information u have given me. Yeah this thread is great thanks to Jakkrit for all the files he's been putting out and everyone else who has helped with the unfolds. You guys are the bomb!

Hi guys. I've made a small revision to the Clayton armor unfold and Jakkrit has updated the link in the first post with it. Some of the pieces in the pectoral parts were overlapping so I split them out. The modified pieces are on the last three pages of the revised unfold. If you've downloaded the original unfold you should replace it with the revised unfold. If you've printed out the original unfold and don't want to reprint the entire thing you can replace the two pectoral parts with what's on the last three pages of the revised unfold (scaled according to what you printed out originally).

The image below shows what's been revised...
...at the left is what the pectoral parts looked like in the original unfold.
...at the right is what the pectoral parts look like in the revised unfold.

GOW3_Clayton_armor_unfold_revi.JPG

If there are questions please let me know. Has a build been started yet? Happy building, everyone!

This vid might help a bit.

Watched that tutorial and was VERY helpful! I'm familiar with UV Unwrapping in 3DS Max so i'm unwrapping an Anya low poly chest atm that I got from Jakkrit. If someone could model me the rest of the armor and I'll unwrap it. I would attempt to model them but I'm not too confident at 3D modelling >.<!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to start working on Elite Carmine's armor! Thanks for the files! Is there any chance anyone has made some pep files of the greaves for Elite Carmine or for any other character that resemble anywhere close to his?
OOPS, I somehow posted this on the wrong thread? Sorry, I'm a newb at this forum. Any way to delete this? Haha.

Okay, given up on the idea of the anya chest piece. It is STUPIDLY hard to unfold :'( Soooo, was just going to make the marcus fenix one and paint it differently. Anyone know where to located an unfolded Marcus Fenix chest (preferably from Gears 3 as it's the most similar to Anya's)

Okay, given up on the idea of the anya chest piece. It is STUPIDLY hard to unfold :'( Soooo, was just going to make the marcus fenix one and paint it differently. Anyone know where to located an unfolded Marcus Fenix chest (preferably from Gears 3 as it's the most similar to Anya's)

Please dont post dumb questions... Look on the front page

Epic FAIL ! :p

i can't believe what i read..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back