A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus does indeed have some wicked parts to his armor. I'll prioritize those parts, but bear with my slowness please, I'm somewhat new to this and I've got a lot to get through. I'll PM you when the files are ready, mate.

Bigjohn, does the Marcus torso you linked to happen to be ripped by you? If not, who modeled/ripped it, do you know?

Marcus does indeed have some wicked parts to his armor. I'll prioritize those parts, but bear with my slowness please, I'm somewhat new to this and I've got a lot to get through. I'll PM you when the files are ready, mate.

Bigjohn, does the Marcus torso you linked to happen to be ripped by you? If not, who modeled/ripped it, do you know?

I do not know, but I believe it was Jakkrit. It was already up here when I came on the scene.

Hey there fella's, I'm not sure if this is the right section but i was wondering if it would be possible to get just a regular cog helmet file made? I have had a look around and there was a early model made but it looks more like the onyx guard more than anything else, I don't want to make like a hero's armour i just want the normal Gear stuff but i can't find it. If any one can help that would be great.
Many thanks, Ross

Hey there fella's, I'm not sure if this is the right section but i was wondering if it would be possible to get just a regular cog helmet file made? I have had a look around and there was a early model made but it looks more like the onyx guard more than anything else, I don't want to make like a hero's armour i just want the normal Gear stuff but i can't find it. If any one can help that would be great.
Many thanks, Ross

Well, if you want a gears of war 1/2 helmet I have both and will post them up. If you are looking for the gears 3 I will post that up also very soon.

I just got home and I will post them on the list tonight.

Hey think you can get the spaulders, gloves, belt, for Lt. Kim? I got the chest piece boots and shins already (same design as Baird).

Hey think you can get the spaulders, gloves, belt, for Lt. Kim? I got the chest piece boots and shins already (same design as Baird).

I assume you are talking about the Gears 1 Kim. When requesting a model, it makes it much easier if you can state what model from what game.

Yea sorry, Lt. Kim from Gears 1 (even though he's in the DLC for 3), I need to get the spaulders, belt, gloves, and forgot to mention knee pads will worry about Boltok pistol holster later

Well, if you want a gears of war 1/2 helmet I have both and will post them up. If you are looking for the gears 3 I will post that up also very soon.

I just got home and I will post them on the list tonight.

Hey fella, it was just the Gears 3 COG Gear i was after huge fan of the helmet, It would be great if you can post it up or let me know when its up I really appreciate the work you guys do its great. Many thanks guys.

Ross, you wouldn't happen to mean this helmet would you? http://a1td.zxq.net/X8/System.Download/detail.php?ftr=COGGearHelm Jakkrit has it on his website, I don't know if that's the helmet you wanted, but there's also Ben and Clayton helmets on the same site, if you mean one of those(I've seen three Clayton ingame and an untold number of Ben's...)

Hey Kyre, No that's not the one I'm after but thanks all the same, It looks more like the gears of war 2 COG Helmet and it matches the gears 2 COG Figure I have as well. I have found a good reference picture after a bit of searching,
http://images.wikia.com/gearsofwar/images/2/20/Gow-3-cog-helmet.jpeg

If anyone has seen a pep file that matches or is working on one it would be great to know!
Many thanks guys, Ross

Hey Kyre, No that's not the one I'm after but thanks all the same, It looks more like the gears of war 2 COG Helmet and it matches the gears 2 COG Figure I have as well. I have found a good reference picture after a bit of searching,
http://images.wikia.com/gearsofwar/images/2/20/Gow-3-cog-helmet.jpeg

If anyone has seen a pep file that matches or is working on one it would be great to know!
Many thanks guys, Ross

here you go http://www.4shared.com/file/WTCgdOCV/GOW3_GOLDEN_COG_HELM.html this is my first full unfold i hope it works for you

I have a question that has perplexed me for a while and I want to see what people here think.
Me and a couple of my friends have this idea of going to PAX next year as Chairman Prescott and a couple of Onyx Guards and we want some form of communication between us so we don't have to take off our helmets.
Methods of this we've considered:
1. Walkie talkies with earpieces (Similar to that used by government agencies)
2. Bluetooth devices
3. Expensive as hell helmet mics

Needless to say we've figured most of the pros and cons of all, some have way more cons than others.
Ideas?
BTW, #1 is our leading choice right now.

I have a question that has perplexed me for a while and I want to see what people here think.
Me and a couple of my friends have this idea of going to PAX next year as Chairman Prescott and a couple of Onyx Guards and we want some form of communication between us so we don't have to take off our helmets.
Methods of this we've considered:
1. Walkie talkies with earpieces (Similar to that used by government agencies)
2. Bluetooth devices
3. Expensive as hell helmet mics

Needless to say we've figured most of the pros and cons of all, some have way more cons than others.
Ideas?
BTW, #1 is our leading choice right now.

Hey fella, I saw this issue before and i have seen one quite good way of dealing with it by Kadus27.
He built a amp into his helmet and that should solve your problem really: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/35012-Kadus27-s-multiple-prop-builds/page3

Further on in the thread he shows the schematics for the mic and amp unit and it was apparently pretty low costing as well, Hope this helps but if not then i would a a radio with a fitted headset and a PTT would be your best bet, and they should be pretty simple to fit in to a helmet.
Many thanks, Ross

Glad to see that the Gears pepakura thread has finally been reopened! (Been lurking for Ages!) I have a question about the Gears armory. I can't seem to find any of the files but the Hammerburst. Would it be possible for someone to guide me to a Boltok or a Gnasher?

thanks!

iDD

Thanks man for the Gnasher! I'll give it a go this week and see what I think of making this in paper. I'm an amateur propmaker but I always build from wood and foam.

iDD

SO a little update for everyone. I'm still trying to find a working Gears 2 files to extract models and such from. Either they aren't working, corrupted, or something. Also I've been busy trying to complete my armor for a convention coming up, but don't think i'll be able to. If you have any armor requests that you want to have ripped, post them on my visitor message board.

*UPDATE*
So, with some help from my guardian angel, I've figured out how to get the character models from the Gears 3 DLC. I'm currently downloading the Fenix Rising DLC so I can upload the Recruit Clayton Carmine helmet, seeing as it is the #1 requested helmet on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back