A1TD : Gears Of War 3. Re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be giving something away concerning my knowledge level with this kind of stuff but I must say I have very little idea what you guys are actually doing (I think game models are being ripped and/or modified but I'm not certain). I had to unsubscribe from this thread a few weeks ago because I cannot follow what's going on.

That said, I hope you guys are making good progress on whatever it is that you're working on! Keep up the hard work!

I might be giving something away concerning my knowledge level with this kind of stuff but I must say I have very little idea what you guys are actually doing (I think game models are being ripped and/or modified but I'm not certain). I had to unsubscribe from this thread a few weeks ago because I cannot follow what's going on.

That said, I hope you guys are making good progress on whatever it is that you're working on! Keep up the hard work!

From what I remember, some of us are trying to extract the original character and weapon model files for the purpose of Pepping, and some are trying to locate the textures for rendering (possibly) their armor loadout.

For now, it's an uphill battle, considering my noobtastic abilties with command prompts and the inner workings of programs and such.
And I have to admit, I was having trouble following Gaaramasa's advice. Then he showed me some tutorials, and I'm back to learning again.

My aim is to take weapon files, and some armors too, and clean them up and make them peppable, which is tough considering the level of polys and triangles. All credit shall go to where it is due. And so far, Epic is the main-man when it comes to the credit chain.

Thanks to all of those who are interested, you give us inspiration to move forward. And thank you, Satchmo. You've been awesome.

I am still currently working on the weapons, so I'll keep you all posted.

Oash-Koash, out.

Yeah, sorry Satchmo, we kind of, unknowingly, took over the thread trying to figure out out to get the model from the game and make them in pep files, as koshima had explained.

Yeah, sorry Satchmo, we kind of, unknowingly, took over the thread trying to figure out out to get the model from the game and make them in pep files, as koshima had explained.

During a process in which I have comepletely lost myself, so I've decided to leave the extracting to the pros.
Back to fixing that Vulcan Minigun!

IMAG0358.jpg

I want to sand a ton of resin bubbles before I call this finished. The eyes are just dollar store blue mirrored glasses. I know the paint job isn't right >.<

This is really amazing man..This kind of editing can also be possible in Photoshop. we generally use photoshop but I think you have not use photoshop hear because it is 3D and I have no idea that how to create a 3D designs in photoshop. Which tool you have used for this?

They don't use photoshop. They use a 3d modeling program. I don't know which ones in particular but an example would be blender 3d

This is really amazing man..This kind of editing can also be possible in Photoshop. we generally use photoshop but I think you have not use photoshop hear because it is 3D and I have no idea that how to create a 3D designs in photoshop. Which tool you have used for this?

Hellome is right. I personally use either 3ds Max, by Autodesk, or Google Sketchup.

Everyone enjoying Gears? I finished the campaign already and managed to get my Anya cosplay done for launch (Thank you Jakkrit for the models!)
Was just wondering if there was a HD lancer pep file (NOT the retro lancer as I already have one of those :p ) It's just that it's my fav weapon in the game and the file that I managed to get the unfold was horrible! >.<! I want to make a pink lancer like the one I use on multiplayer :D

hay anyone got a pep file of bairds goggles? iv bean looking for on for some time know and i could really yous your guys help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back